Building disappears from build list

modmyciv

Warlord
Folks,

I've a defensive building that I can't build when a settlement hits size 3. Nothing obvious, so I suspected was something to do with Defence Bonus settings, however Size 3 settlement has 60% - building has 65% (it's a Keep, also has Stealth Barrier and Bombard Defence). Can't think what else it could be. It used to work fine until I fidddled with the values, and added Bombard Defence. Any thoughts?

Cheers
CML

I've a defensive building that I can't build when a settlement hits size 3. Nothing obvious, so I suspected was something to do with Defence Bonus settings, however Size 3 settlement has 60% - building has 65% (it's a Keep, also has Stealth Barrier and Bombard Defence). Can't think what else it could be. It used to work fine until I fidddled with the values, and added Bombard Defence. Any thoughts?

It's the combat value against bombardment that's causing your problem. That's the trigger that causes walls to disappear in an unmodded game. The defense combat values wouldn't have any effect on your ability to build it. That value is added to the city defensive bonus though it's not cumulative with other buildings (only the highest defensive value is used). I would also think that you shouldn't be able to build your improvement in size 2 or 3 cities, not just size 3.

Ah ha. Thank you.

Yes it is size 2 I can't build it (6-12) - no size three yet.

Its one of a series of defensive buildings - Wall to Keep to Castle. So the question is - how to add increasing Bombard Defence? Not possible after Walls if having a Bombard Defence is the trigger to remove a building, which I assume to buried away in the code. Played more of the test game and the Castle is missing too (higher Bombard Defence still).

Any way of adding an increasing Bombard Defence?

CML

Any way of adding an increasing Bombard Defence?

The only way I can think of off-hand is to increase the maximum city size. If you increased Size 1 cities to something like 20+ you could keep the walls around longer/indefinitely. I don't know if Bombard Defense would be cumulative, but I would assume it's like regular defense, which is not. So the next buildings - Keep, Castle, etc. - could increase the bombard defense and simulate an accumulation (16 for Keep would be like adding an improvement of 8).

Thanks - don't want to make such a big change, so Bombard Defence stays under-used I guess.

Folks,

Cheers
CML

Don't go to size 3. Keep it on size 2. Change in editor from what you have now, 12? maybe, change it to 99.

Top Bottom