[MOD] Speed Mod

Curious if speedmod has been updated for warlords 2.13?

It hasn't and there isn't any plans to update it. Of course the source is there for anyone who would like to do it.

Why are you still playing Warlords anyway? If you were willing to get Warlords, why not get BtS as well???

I've been playing Warlords for only 3 months, and haven't got enough of it yet. More than likely I will get BtS eventually.

Alex is the lead programmer and lead designer for Beyond the Sword. Its all in BtS.
Ah!

Thanks.

You might want to say this in the first post: "if you have BtS you don't need SpeedMod anylonger, as the idea of it is built-in by Firaxis" or somesuch.

So does that mean that BTS runs faster (more efficiently) than Warlords and vanilla?

John

Yes. Of course there is a ton more stuff in Bts than in vanilla and warlords (the AI is much better, an event system runs, espionage and associated effects are calculated every turn, the graphics system handles civ specific art) but Alex was able to get it all added and still make the game faster than prior versions. He did a great job.

I got a t5250, an intel core2duo 1,5 ghz and on a large map with 6 continents I am experiencing uptill 50 seconds waiting time per turn in the last period of the game. Year 1960 or so. Is there anything I can do to speed it up?

And everytime its my turn after the waitingtime and some other guy says hello to me with an demand or enquiery or whatever, i am experiencing an waiting time on about 10 sec from the end of waiting time untill the personal window of the incoming leader appears fully loaded. I got a 8600 gs with new drivers, so what can I do about that?

I got a t5250, an intel core2duo 1,5 ghz and on a large map with 6 continents I am experiencing uptill 50 seconds waiting time per turn in the last period of the game. Year 1960 or so. Is there anything I can do to speed it up?

And everytime its my turn after the waitingtime and some other guy says hello to me with an demand or enquiery or whatever, i am experiencing an waiting time on about 10 sec from the end of waiting time untill the personal window of the incoming leader appears fully loaded. I got a 8600 gs with new drivers, so what can I do about that?

Probably not. If you are playing vanilla Civ4 or Warlords it may be faster if you upgrade to Beyond the Sword. But I doubt there is much outside of that.

Nothing, aside from installing this mod.

This mod shouldn't be difficult for anyone that has done the bit of setup to be able to compile. Take all of the empty functions in the python event manager, search for that function in the SDK source, and comment it out. I'm not sure if that's what Kael did, but it sounds like it.

Glanced through the thread a bit, and while you said it wasn't merged/tailored with any mods, it was suggested that it should be fine with XML only mods. I have no idea if 'Total Realism' for Warlords is an XML only mod, so I was wondering if anyone here knew? And if downloading this mod with Total Realism might speed up the notorious sluggishness with that mod?

Glanced through the thread a bit, and while you said it wasn't merged/tailored with any mods, it was suggested that it should be fine with XML only mods. I have no idea if 'Total Realism' for Warlords is an XML only mod, so I was wondering if anyone here knew? And if downloading this mod with Total Realism might speed up the notorious sluggishness with that mod?

I dont think Total Realism is an XML only mod.

Top Bottom