Official Godzilla Scenario discussion thread

[offtopic]

Today, my g/f gave me a late christmas gift : The complete Gamera DVD set :banana: (almost complete in fact, there is a duplicate of the third movie instead of the second).

If someone ever finds a posable model from the Gamera franchise, you know who to call. :crazyeye:

None are PZ3 file and I've never been successful at any attempt to bone a model myself. But your idea is sound, I'll try to find a poser turtle and see what I can do from there.

Have you seen the pictures from the new Gamera movie? A step back IMO.

Yes, Gamera and Anguirus are the two most wanted at this point :)

BM I think with some heavy reworking that monster is at least close.

I followed BM's idea and used a real turtle as a base for Gamera.

Nothing is final. Still busy texturing it. Bump and displacement maps aren't matched yet. That's basically a first throw. I've made it as a land unit as you see it mostly on land in the original movie.

I've seen only the first Gamera. I'll watch the third tonight. I know nothing about a new flick. New design ?

WOW that is AWESOME!!! Much better than I ever expected, a perfect fit! I can't wait to see the finished product! Using a real turtle model I think was a great way to go.

Gamera The Brave - just released I guess a few weeks ago here in the US, I guess 2006 in Japan. Looks childish to me. The 90s trilogy was good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0467923/

The Brave was released in 2009 in Zone 2 Europe. Haven't seen it yet, but I saw a few stills. Definitely a less aggressive design, but I'll see soon if the movie is good or not.

I'm currently testing several colors. In the first movies, Gamera is quite black. In a few stills, especially in Brave, it looks more brownish.

It's a species or another of snapping turtles actually, probably the common.

Anyway, terrapins are turtles (part of the Testudines order), unless there is a particular distinction in the English language ?

Yes, turtles have flippers and live in the sea. Terrapins have feet and live in fresh water. Tortoises have feet and live on land. "Snapping turtles" are actually terrapins. The catch-all term for all of them is "chelonian".

The confusion comes from the fact that Americans refer to all chelonians indiscriminately as "turtles" (I believe they call terrapins "sliders"), rather in the same way that they use "monkey" and "ape" interchangeably.

French doesn't make any named distinction between turtles, terrapins and tortoises either, thus my adoption of the American system. In french, it's : sea turtles (tortues), aquatic turtles and terrestrial turtles.

Woops, my brain burped!

I'll continue any Gamera previews in the other thread, keeping this one for informations about the mod itself.

Any updates? :D

Here or in ANY of the other threads we have at this point :p

The unit is going well but it's far from being finished. I still have to do 'Death' and 'Run' animations entirely and finish the attacks. But I won't render it on my current computer. It will have to wait until I buy a new one. Rendering time is 5 minutes a frame. I can decrease it by downplaying the translucence effects but even for posing, it would be more comfortable working with more RAM and better CPU.

Attachments

• flame_0052.png
    flame_0052.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 83
The unit is going well. I still have to do 'Death' and 'Run' animations and finish the Attacks. But I won't render it on my current computer. It will have to wait until I buy a new one. Rendering time is 5 minutes a frame. I can decrease it by downplaying the translucence effects but even for posing, it would be more comfortable with more RAM and better CPU.

Ugh. Well, hopefully my office will be ready for me to move into soon, and I can set up my main machine again. Been without it for over 6 months. It is pretty powerful, so maybe at that point you can send me your files, then walk me through putting it all together? It won't be up before March...

LOVE the preview :D

Top Bottom