[MOD] Fall from Heaven

Stalin_Bulldog said:
guild wars, i noticed a number of icons were from there, they look very good in the setting though

Ahhh. Yeah I've never played but I came across a site that had all the icons for the skills and I thought they were awesome.

Kael said:
The way I handled this in Fall from Heaven is I had the religion specific buildings give a negative happiness if there is a building of an opposed religion in the same city. I don't have it on the temples, I have a lot of religion specific stuff, but I did do this with the specilized buildings (the asylum, basillica, etc).

1) Can you demolish buildings, in case you decide to switch religions?
2) Does the AI understand this process, and can it demolish old religion's buildings, too?

Fachy said:
1) Can you demolish buildings, in case you decide to switch religions?
2) Does the AI understand this process, and can it demolish old religion's buildings, too?

In my mod you have to launch an Inquisition in a city to destroy buildings. Which destorys all buildings of any religion other than the state religion. There is also a wonder that launches an Inquisition in all your cities at once.

The computer seems to understand that a building will give a negative happiness if built and weight that along with other criteria to decide what to build next. Most likely it means the first building the computer has (the one that fits that cities religion) will be the only one built.

If I were to add a function to destroy buildings the computer wouldn't know how to use it, at least not until the SDK comes out.

hmmm now that brings us back to the original question: Does the computer "understand" to use this inquisition tool? (btw does it give any unhappiness in the city or among civilizations with the removed religions?)

Because, if the computer can't use it, then it's basically stuck with whatever first-religion it adopted and built its buildings. We need a mechanism which makes it able to switch religions, coz that adds alot to the gameplay

I've been testing it out under a number of different approaches, but it has always seemed to me, that dwarven warriors will romp over early era, it seems that this area of the tech tree could use a little balancing, especially the elven units, btw nice touch in making fishing boats req. harbors, it prevents the mad fishingboat rush

Ok, I played only two times in this mod, The first time I build amost all the wonders in my capital & got axe man later & still could beat most of my closest opponent cities. I didn't attacked the second aponent near which proved to be a mistake (still kicked his ass). This was more adjusted then the later game.
The second game I got axe man & eliminated 2 civilazations while I they had around 5-6 cities & I had 2-3, the problem was that they had only wariors against my axe man.

My strategy was like this :
1) scount out scouting, warior in the city & city makes settler.
2) having two cities while the first build one warior & then starts on Pyramids.
3) The second city build worker & other units while waiting for Pyramids in my first city.
4) Then I reseach a bit more untill I can use my resorces & head on to axeman.
You see it's a long jurny to axeman but after I get the pyramids I change my gov to up my capital production by 50%, then I can produce the building faster & units faster.
In the first game it was somewhat more balanced then the second, in both of them I kicked ass of two closest opponents, while I had Axe man they had lots of warior & some archers.

May be it was a fluke & it was fun !

Oh, another thing in the first game I had all of the wonders that should give promotion bonus (& didn't work) if I had them working I would truely could be imvincible.

Another point -> one vanila axeman stood against 4 wariors in a city, attacked once & of promotion 20% strength, attacked second time got promotion 50% against meele, Now axeman only has 1.5 health left however the wariors still can't handle him because of his promotions.

I think the solution is to make axeman more expensive, the thing is that dwarf & elven archer come long time after it & aren't as strong (in my view point) & cost more to build.

dwarf rushing is possible with the phil. tech, and the preqs to a dwarf beeline are all production oriented, it makes it a very solid path, and you should be able to handle the upped cost with mines and possibly a city w/ bronze in radius

Kael - Are you going to organize the tech tree further? Right now it seems that after 150 turns or so there are 15-20 techs that can be researched at any given time. Any plans to tighten up the prerequisites or is it intentional to not need multiple prereqs for most of the techs? Not a complaint by any means, but it is overwhelming to have so many choices and have no idea (yet) what to research.

Also, I love the music for converting to Leaf Fellowship, or whatever it is.

Is it possible to add little icons near the cities (like the barracks, trade route, ect) for all of the extra military buildings we're making, like the stables, archery range, ect? I'm trying not to make them all in each city, but can't keep track of what has what. :)

One last thought - Did you enable the replanting of woods? Maybe let only the Tree worshippers replant and then make it so they can't be rechopped? And can there be another type of forest? Ancient forest? Just some random ideas...

woodelf said:
Kael - Are you going to organize the tech tree further? Right now it seems that after 150 turns or so there are 15-20 techs that can be researched at any given time. Any plans to tighten up the prerequisites or is it intentional to not need multiple prereqs for most of the techs? Not a complaint by any means, but it is overwhelming to have so many choices and have no idea (yet) what to research.

Also, I love the music for converting to Leaf Fellowship, or whatever it is.

Is it possible to add little icons near the cities (like the barracks, trade route, ect) for all of the extra military buildings we're making, like the stables, archery range, ect? I'm trying not to make them all in each city, but can't keep track of what has what. :)

I need to add a strategy marker to the techs so that it becomes apparent when you are looking at them what each one does. But yeah, even beyond that the tree could use some tightening..

woodelf said:
One last thought - Did you enable the replanting of woods? Maybe let only the Tree worshippers replant and then make it so they can't be rechopped? And can there be another type of forest? Ancient forest? Just some random ideas...

Yeah, Elven Archers and Druids can both build forests. I like your idea for the ancient forest, it could be added, the hard part would be making it look different.

mamimo said:
Ok, I played only two times in this mod, The first time I build amost all the wonders in my capital & got axe man later & still could beat most of my closest opponent cities. I didn't attacked the second aponent near which proved to be a mistake (still kicked his ass). This was more adjusted then the later game.
The second game I got axe man & eliminated 2 civilazations while I they had around 5-6 cities & I had 2-3, the problem was that they had only wariors against my axe man.

My strategy was like this :
1) scount out scouting, warior in the city & city makes settler.
2) having two cities while the first build one warior & then starts on Pyramids.
3) The second city build worker & other units while waiting for Pyramids in my first city.
4) Then I reseach a bit more untill I can use my resorces & head on to axeman.
You see it's a long jurny to axeman but after I get the pyramids I change my gov to up my capital production by 50%, then I can produce the building faster & units faster.
In the first game it was somewhat more balanced then the second, in both of them I kicked ass of two closest opponents, while I had Axe man they had lots of warior & some archers.

May be it was a fluke & it was fun !

Oh, another thing in the first game I had all of the wonders that should give promotion bonus (& didn't work) if I had them working I would truely could be imvincible.

Another point -> one vanila axeman stood against 4 wariors in a city, attacked once & of promotion 20% strength, attacked second time got promotion 50% against meele, Now axeman only has 1.5 health left however the wariors still can't handle him because of his promotions.

I think the solution is to make axeman more expensive, the thing is that dwarf & elven archer come long time after it & aren't as strong (in my view point) & cost more to build.

I think your right, I am going to look into the following for 0.6:

1. Increasing the costs of Axemen.
2. Reducing the vs melee bonus of Axemen.
3. Check the AI to make sure it correctly values the Tier 2 units.

Hia. Just to say Kael, great work! :goodjob:

Iv been trying to make a fantasy mod for a while, but i lacked the tools and skills (!) to make any new units graphics, and i struggled to get my XML changes to work in the game, so it on hold for a while....Anyways...

Did you say that 0.6 was released, and if it is, is there a link to it?
Sorry if i missed it or misread that 0.6 was released. Looking forward to playing

In the meantime, keep going! :goodjob: :lol:

mrkingkong

mrkingkong said:
Hia. Just to say Kael, great work! :goodjob:

Iv been trying to make a fantasy mod for a while, but i lacked the tools and skills (!) to make any new units graphics, and i struggled to get my XML changes to work in the game, so it on hold for a while....Anyways...

Did you say that 0.6 was released, and if it is, is there a link to it?
Sorry if i missed it or misread that 0.6 was released. Looking forward to playing

In the meantime, keep going! :goodjob: :lol:

mrkingkong

No, 0.6 is the verison I am currently working on. 0.5 is the released version. 0.6 is targeted for release on 12/23.

BTW, someone rated this mod a 1, any feedback on what you didn't like?

Kael said:
BTW, someone rated this mod a 1, any feedback on what you didn't like?
Your mod should get 11/10 :) if not for the content (if one don't like fantasy) then for the time & effort.
:goodjob:

mamimo said:
Your mod should get 11/10 :) if not for the content (if one don't like fantasy) then for the time & effort.
:goodjob:

Thats the same system my wife uses use to rate my love-making.

Top Bottom