Sevo's Civilopedia

Just wanted to add my thanks for a great mod Sevo, I also had the same trouble as Rockero but following your reply to him fixed it without difficulty.

Very nice job :goodjob:

Hey Sevo, I went to your little Sevotastic blog... nice idea, but you didn't link the download for Sevopedia there... might want to do that.

-=R=-

lordroy said:
Hey Sevo, I went to your little Sevotastic blog... nice idea, but you didn't link the download for Sevopedia there... might want to do that.
-=R=-

Yeah...I haven't exactly been keeping it up to date. Been so busy with the Faces of God mod! Thanks for the FYI.

Caesium said:
Hi Sevo, while using your Sevopedia I received following error message:

Are you using any other mods, or have you modified this code in any way? This version of the Sevopedia has proven itself pretty stable. Also, are you using the most recent version of Civ-4?

Caesium said:
Hi Sevo, while using your Sevopedia I received following error message:

I could be wrong here but from the looks of it you might not have properly installed the files associated with units' upgrade chart, do you have the unitupgrades folder in the python folder (whether in MOD or CustomAssets)?

Sevo said:
Are you using any other mods, or have you modified this code in any way? This version of the Sevopedia has proven itself pretty stable. Also, are you using the most recent version of Civ-4?
Rabbit said:
I could be wrong here but from the looks of it you might not have properly installed the files associated with units' upgrade chart, do you have the unitupgrades folder in the python folder (whether in MOD or CustomAssets)?
It's pretty strange with this.
I must say, I'm combining a big amount of "Mini-Mods" into a great Modification and I#m using the paths given by Civ4.
But I didn't change the Sevo-Files.
All I did was to add these files to python\screens and to python\UnitUpgrades.
In the main menu, before starting or loading a game, the UnitUpgradeChart opens and works fine. But in game if I call the Civilopedia and select the UnitUpgradeChart that error message appears. The rest of your sevopedia works fine all the time. It's very good.

Caesium said:
It's pretty strange with this.
I must say, I'm combining a big amount of "Mini-Mods" into a great Modification and I#m using the paths given by Civ4.
But I didn't change the Sevo-Files.

Okay, that's probably it. While it IS strange that it works fine from the main menu but not in game, the nature of the error message "None-type object has no attribute..." suggests that the python code is trying to get additional data on an object that doesn't exist; somehow an object that doesn't exist has worked it's way into the code. In my modding experience this occurs when a counter is off somehow, but I know the code is pretty tight in this case. What other "mini-mods" have you included, and do any of them affect the promotions?

(It is perfectly possible that this is a mistake in the Sevopedia that only shows up under specific circumstances--that's why I'm trying to work this out with you!)

Sevo said:
Okay, that's probably it. While it IS strange that it works fine from the main menu but not in game, the nature of the error message "None-type object has no attribute..." suggests that the python code is trying to get additional data on an object that doesn't exist; somehow an object that doesn't exist has worked it's way into the code. In my modding experience this occurs when a counter is off somehow, but I know the code is pretty tight in this case. What other "mini-mods" have you included, and do any of them affect the promotions?

(It is perfectly possible that this is a mistake in the Sevopedia that only shows up under specific circumstances--that's why I'm trying to work this out with you!)
You're right, I added some promotions to the original promotions. Like the real fort promotions or joks great leader promotion. If you'd like, I'd give you a link to my modification, so you can test it.
Klick here for my modification .

suggestions: move back and next back to bottom left.
add up and down buttons to move up and down the list, such as previous or next leader

Would it be possible for you, to tell me how to remove the UnitUpgrade from your Pedia?

Caesium said:
Would it be possible for you, to tell me how to remove the UnitUpgrade from your Pedia?

Well, really, just don't click on it!

Seriously, what don't you like about it?

Sevo said:
Well, really, just don't click on it!

Seriously, what don't you like about it?
Well, look at Posts #109 and #111.
You didn't answer post #111, there I left my Modification so you could look over it to tell me where I made a mistake as I integrated your sevopedia.
A really weird thing is, that this problem occurs sporadic...
After loading and playing another modification the Upgrade Chart works fine. But after relaoding the game the problem appears again...

Forgive me if this has already been done or suggested, but could this be merged with the Sevo Fusion mod? I'm pretty sure that the original civilopdia was being used. This would make the SevoFusion mod even better. As if it's possible.:rolleyes:

Actually, Drakonik, Sevo's beautiful civilopedia is included in the Fusion -- I started playing Sevo's Fusion at version 2.0 and it was already integrated there. Check out the list of included mods from the first post of the Fusion Mod forum...

Caesium said:
Well, look at Posts #109 and #111.
You didn't answer post #111, there I left my Modification so you could look over it to tell me where I made a mistake as I integrated your sevopedia.
A really weird thing is, that this problem occurs sporadic...
After loading and playing another modification the Upgrade Chart works fine. But after relaoding the game the problem appears again...

Ahhh...I understand now. I didn't connect you with the posts above until you pointed that out...:crazyeye:

Anyway, it's not that I don't want to help you on this, but it would take me a long time to offer any real assistance. Vovan actually did the coding for the UnitUpgrades chart. He had originally planned to do a Promotions chart as well, but I haven't heard from him in a while and I haven't worked on this mod myself in a while, as I'm pretty consumed with the SevoMod.

Anyway, point is, I haven't been through the UnitUpgrades python code myself so I can't tell you what's making it not work with your changes. I'd have to learn Vovan's stuff just to look at yours to make any sense of it.

I do plan to do the Promotions chart one of these days and when I do that I'll have to learn the nitty gritty of what his little mod does, and then I can be more helpful.

So...blather aside, use the file below. Copy that into the /sevopedia/assets/python/screens and it'll remove the unit upgrades tab.

Sevopedia WIHOUT unit upgrades chart:

Attachments

• CvPediaMain.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 130
Thank you Sevo.
I'm looking forward to your next Version.
Your Pedia is more comfortable than the original.

Top Bottom