[SDK] Dale's Combat Mod!

Dale said:
But truelly, it's only a guess. Think about it. Warlords modifys combat by adding great generals and warlords. I would also assume that base combat will be changed as it's one of the most complained about components of Civ4. Firaxis would be silly to not look at how the base combat works. I have nothing in this mod to accomodate those units or methods. Therefore, I'm sure it won't be compatible with Warlords. :)

Dale

Nevertheless, I'm sure you'd have considerably less work to adapt this to Warlords than if you were starting from scratch.

oh well it'll be like having two expansion pack's then.

With civi3 I lost intrest in the vanilla game all I play are the expansion pack's but reading what info there is about "WARLORDS" it doesn't look all that good apart from the great wall that looks kinda cool But we'll have to see what if any surprises fraxis have added to it.

The Great Apple said:
Personally, I doubt they'd do something that radical with an expansion pack, unless they made it optional.

Agreed. Expansion packs rarely do more than add new content.

They may perhaps expand upon bombardment, but I think that will be the limits of it.

if they just take Dale's mod, since he apparently has so good contacts in Firaxis, and implement the whole thing into the game, wwwweeeeee! i mean, the reason i didn't really play it too much after i first got it was because combat just plain sucked, and combat is half the fun! i mean, which would anyone rather: winning a vote at the UN or becoming dictator for life of the world! muwahahaha!

It shouldn't take much to change this mod for Warlords. :)

BTW, I think I've got a fix for the animation bug. I'll keep you informed.

Dale

- Civ4UnitInfos.xml new flag: bDCMBombRange (integar) indicates the range the unit can bombard New!

Not to nitpick, but shouldn't this be iDCMBombRange, not bDCMBombRange, since b usually inticates a boolean tag?

it could for modders but I'm sure Dale would have added notes in the C++ code so they know what does what and whats where,
most good programmers add notes for future reference as they might have to edit or someone else edit or change there work.
(I read that in a programming book lol)

I add tags not only for that reason but also as a means of navigation, the Source Code is SOOO huge you cant simply scroll through it from spot to spot making changes, you would simply never find them again without a diff tool. By making tags you can use a find, find next, find last, find all type functions (every text editor has find functions of some sort)

Code in my mod is commented as such:

// Dale - Stack Attack:
// Dale - Field Bombard:
// Dale - MAD:
// Dale - Missiles:

There is an explanation at that point of what I'm doing too. Never fear, either search on the section you want (eg: field bombard) or for all changes just // Dale.

Also just to point out, any additions/changes to header files I put them at the top of the class. Any new functions I write go at the end of the cpp file. If I make one line of change to a function I leave it where it is, but it has a comment.

Dale

Dale just to catch up.. do you have any more ideas for the "MAD" side of things and would the AI be able to use this? also when do you think this mod would be finished? I know your on your own I was just asking to see if you set yourself a target date for completion.

Thanks, Andy (boneys26)

EDIT

I have this problem while using planes i know animations are off but the jet fires to the right every time is this just because animations are off?

boneys26 said:
I have this problem while using planes i know animations are off but the jet fires to the right every time is this just because animations are off?

I've seen this problem in the Vanilla 1.61 patch, so I don't think it has anything to do with his mod.

Yeah I've seen it in vanilla too boneys.

As for the ETA of the mod, who knows. I'm currently splitting out field bombard (done) and missiles code seperately for folks who want them. Had a few requests for those components code.

But work will continue on the rest shortly. :)

Dale

In some ways, MAD doesn't bother me. If I want revenge for bombing me I can fire them manually for same effect

Top Bottom