[BtS] Rise of Mankind

Great mod, however for me it runs toooo slooow on the two new map sizes.
Also, I think the civic addition sucks. I agree that we need a better system, the system you use seems to further complicate things with several silly ways to implement civics. [State property doesn't inherently mean less GP, etc...]

Got to 1932 (in industrial era) then i crashed (twice so i gave it up). I played a giant map 18 civs. I dont know what caused it. I can send you the savegame if you like.

Screw propeller only has an icon shown for ironclad and not transport and early destroyer.

Heavy pikeman upgrades to nothing.

i loaded the mod but when i played it, it is still the regular game. what am i doing wrong?
nvm

wrchamp14,
hi, you probably have dual folders of the mod,

make sure the mod is like this under you bts folder:

mods\riseofmankind\ mod files.....

i think your is like this:
mods\riseofmankind\riseofmankind\ mod files......

**leif, freakeave,

i suggest you guys play on large maps, on huge,

bigger maps with tons of added mod componants - make a lot of burdun to the memory of the cpu,
thus too much stuff - youll get a ctd,
this mod is impressive with its additions, but, its need to be carfully tested - so i suggest play small maps quick games -so youll help fuknd the bugs fast.

:)
besides, its a great mod, lots of cool stuff, havnt played it though,
goodluck :)

The siege weapons in the early day with 12 str(cannon) is not overrated.
Its just about enough to actually get something done with those loveguns.

And another thing I miss from the mod Extra(I guess) is the notice 1 turn before if a city is gonna grow and if that city is gonna be unhappy.
My main problem is that I have to check each city for about 5 turn intervall if they gonna grow and if they gonna be unhappy when they do so.

Kinda annoying to check into a couple of town to do that when you have a nice feature that Extra have;)

But otherwise I just simple love this mod;) even tough all the Ai dont even touch the religion techs. and another thing. I like the christian way of life so I want to get to Theology fast as possible but on the way I have to have allmost each of the early religions.

Anyway to make Theology some other req techs?

Hi Man,

Interesting, very interesting mod. A good one ! :)

Just a note: Total Realism Team members aren't those you write in credits.:p
As a member, i only suggest you to write: TR Team. ;)

Hian the Frog.

Any strategy of early grow??? what i have to do with 1 pop citie for a long time?
I can figure in civilopedia when my cities will grow up..

Excellent mod... im enjoing it..

Any strategy of early grow??? what i have to do with 1 pop citie for a long time?
I can figure in civilopedia when my cities will grow up..

Well place your town close to water and have the fishing tech and set the town to grow. when you build settlers\workers you use all food to produce them so in the start if you want growth build something or produce scouts\warriors.

If you really want to grow get near water as said and produce some work boats to harvest fish,crab,pearls etc and remember fishing boat isnt like worker it doesnt need food to be produced. or at least it doesnt stall the food process

Well place your town close to water and have the fishing tech and set the town to grow. when you build settlers\workers you use all food to produce them so in the start if you want growth build something or produce scouts\warriors.

If you really want to grow get near water as said and produce some work boats to harvest fish,crab,pearls etc and remember fishing boat isnt like worker it doesnt need food to be produced. or at least it doesnt stall the food process

Ok, you are right thanks,!!!!
Im testing the mod... it has a lot of changes.. i like civics !!!

this mod avoid the early unit rush to kill your closest neigthbour...
there are a lot of buildings to build... but i affraid that if you build all of them your are going to be backward in military or in expansion of your empire..
any strategies?

Hallo,
i have a Prob. with sulfur. It never reveals on the map when I discover the Tech.:eek:
Every Time I have to put it on the map by myself with the Worldbuilder. I have BTS v. 3.03.

In the Overlord 2 Mod i have the same Prob. with sulfur and rubber.

Any ideas?:confused:

Hallo,
i have a Prob. with sulfur. It never reveals on the map when I discover the Tech.:eek:
Every Time I have to put it on the map by myself with the Worldbuilder. I have BTS v. 3.03.

In the Overlord 2 Mod i have the same Prob. with sulfur and rubber.

Any ideas?:confused:

**leif, freakeave,

i suggest you guys play on large maps, on huge,

bigger maps with tons of added mod componants - make a lot of burdun to the memory of the cpu,
thus too much stuff - youll get a ctd,
this mod is impressive with its additions, but, its need to be carfully tested - so i suggest play small maps quick games -so youll help fuknd the bugs fast.

:)
besides, its a great mod, lots of cool stuff, havnt played it though,
goodluck :)

Yes inbetween turns that thought appeared to me aswell. :lol:

To come back to mrhooci's problem, if you play on small maps then the rescource spread is even worse. I have the feelling all these new resources arent incorporated in to the map seed properly since all the new rescources arent as abundant as the originals. (Noticed in earlier games/mods) Hence mrhooci's problem.

Before i restart on a small map ill check in the worldbuilder first (note to self)

Ironman said:
The siege weapons in the early day with 12 str(cannon) is not overrated.
Its just about enough to actually get something done with those loveguns.

And another thing I miss from the mod Extra(I guess) is the notice 1 turn before if a city is gonna grow and if that city is gonna be unhappy.
My main problem is that I have to check each city for about 5 turn intervall if they gonna grow and if they gonna be unhappy when they do so.

It just seems that a napoleon era cannon coming from the renaissance is a bit too much. In the end its all abstract i know.

Dont you have the option checked "advanced city view" or something lets you see growth and whats its building. Also there are more options to warn you for a city going unhappy next turn. Dont shoot me if i say anyting you already know just trying to help.

CHE_GUEVARA said:
this mod avoid the early unit rush to kill your closest neigthbour...
there are a lot of buildings to build... but i affraid that if you build all of them your are going to be backward in military or in expansion of your empire..
any strategies?

I found that you best specialize your cities with this mod. I fell behind in tech pretty quikly on prince diff.

Which reminds me that even the most smalles civs are getting on to par with techs which annoyes me alot. Maybe a system ala VISA where you get tech leak? and a small amount when you conquer a city?

Yes inbetween turns that thought appeared to me aswell. :lol:

To come back to mrhooci's problem, if you play on small maps then the rescource spread is even worse. I have the feelling all these new resources arent incorporated in to the map seed properly since all the new rescources arent as abundant as the originals. (Noticed in earlier games/mods) Hence mrhooci's problem.

I play always on huge maps, and some new recources reveal at many places on the map - natural gas for example from the overlord 2 mod. But sulfur or rubber is never on the map ....

I carry on posting my testing impressions ;)

1°) There is something wrong with the bonuses against bombardment. Wall (30%) + high wall (50%) + Castle (25%) = 105%. The siege weapons stop to be effective and the AI armies stay stuck in front of a city trying to destroy a wall they can't destroy ... There are 2 solutions :
- decrease the bonuses so that it cannot be over 90-95% with all buildings
- Add an instruction to the AI so that it tries another city if it has no gunpowder siege weapons or try massives attack without bombardements in that case.

2°) Crossbowmen requiring Iron ??? Why ? I know the bow of heavy crossbows is made of steel, but it can be made of wood too, and that unit could be really useful for ironless civilizations to survive ;)

3°) The canon should appear later. At the place it has it's an overkill, blowing almost everything. And it should require sulphur to be built too, not only iron.

4°) There should be an early canon appearing at the tech "invention", the bombard. Requiring iron/cooper + sulphur, maybe a strengh of 6-7 with a good bonus against towns (it was very long to set in position, so really usefull only against fortifications ;) )
And then, maybe sulphur could appear not at "gunpowder" tech but for exemple at a new tech called "alchemy", coming sooner, maybe near "guilds" (just a though that needs improvements, as revealing sulphur at another tech means "gunpowder" becomes useless) :king:

I play always on huge maps, and some new recources reveal at many places on the map - natural gas for example from the overlord 2 mod. But sulfur or rubber is never on the map ....

I recall sulfur and rubber being optional in a mod whose name slips me at this moment so maybe it wasnt activated? but then i had sulfur in my game.
Anyway just thinking out loud :)

G'day, great mod, love the tech tree and all the buildings.

Pikemen arn't replaced by or upgrade to heavy pike.
Heavy pike don't upgrade.
Gunpowder units don't get bonuses from barracks, meeting hall or garrison but these buildings don't become obsolete so you still have to pay for them :)

Wow..... I'm not sure if I was tired, but I found it really complex to know what I was doing! :lol: The limit to Wonders really threw me! ;)

Anyway - great job and thanks for the hard work on this Zappara - it's much appreciated!

Wow, lots of posts. I'm waiting now internet connection to be opened at my home and it should be opened any day now. I just red all the posts but unfortunately can't reply to them all yet. I'll reply to them as soon as possible. :)

Meanwhile, I've been digging into the event system and I'm beginning to understand how it all works. Made some adjustments to most events because of new resources/buildings/units etc. Also the civics have been changed and there's 2 new civic categories and there's new options as well in the existing categories.

I'll try to fix all those things that you've posted and hopefully I have a patch ready in a week.

Top Bottom