[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

Hello Drak',

My mods' folder is not installed in the dead-end of the "C:user/programs (X86)/2K games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete/BeyondtheSword/mods" street. The autorun of the complete version of the game has created two folders in "Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete" : "Beyond the sword" and "Warlors". The both are empty (by empty, i really mean "full of nothing ^^ : no doc, no folder, nothing... at all).

The whole installation goes directly (and without any choice) to "My documents/My games/..."

o_O

N.

:confused: Humph. Ok that's weird, as I have the complete version as well. be advised you will have 2 groups of folders. 1 in the programs line, and the other in the my games line.

now, in the programs line, and if you haven't place any mods into it, the Mods folder will indeed be empty. The easiest way for you do get around these issues is for you to extract the mod to your desktop ( I usually make a generic folder). Once extracted, drag the mod into the C: users/programs(x86)/2kgames/BTS/mods folder. *Note; you want the contents of the folder, not the folder you created on the desktop.

The other way to do this if it is currently in your my games folder is do a split window of the my games folder, and the program line mods folder. Then all you have to do is drag the mod from one window to another.

3rd option; create a dedicated Thomas war folder in the programs line mods folder, then just move all the files from the my games into the mods folder. If I'm unclear, or you need further assistance, just give a shout :). GL and let me know.

*edit; I just noticed your install text. When installing, select the "custom" option, the install into C:user/programs(x86) it should extract everything into that, then all you have to do is apply all the updates, which is available here at civ fanatics.

I know this is old, but I have the steam version and the UI does not show up. Please help

CIV mods can work fine in Steam, but you have to find the special place for the MODs for your version of CIV and depending on the (32 or 64-bit) system you use.
Keep in mind that Steam works in 32-bit environment.

There are many folders called "Mods" all over the place. Mostly they are empty or filled with stuff which is irrelevant for you now.

If you have a 64-bit system, in C: there is a folder called "Program Files" which is only meant for 64-bit applications and next to it there is a separate program files folder called "Program Files (x86)" for the 32 bit programs you use. You have to look in the latter folder since Steam works in 32-bit environment.
The right place for mods of Civ4 Beyond the Sword (BtS) in a 64-bits system is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods
The other folders called Mods are empty and do not work for you in the BtS version of CIV4.

If you have a 32-bit system you should look at something like:
C:\Program Files \Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Hope this helps a bit.

the mod is in the right place, its just when the mod opens up, all there is is the terrain and units, not user interface whatsoever. I am running windows 7 64bit

The download link to atomicgamer.com no longer works since the site is down, and the mirror at filefront doesn't seem to work as well.

I know I'm late, but I just thought you should know about that. Looks like a cool mod, I will say.

Sooooo... anyone happen to have this on their hard drives and are willing to make a mirror?

Last time I checked, it should still be over at Moddb. Check in their mods data base for Civ IV BTS.

I have a copy of it. I do not know what is the version that I have but it is a working version.

There seem to be some sort of graphical bug in my version, namely with one specific type of terrain (swamp?).

I can try to upload it somewhere if anyone wishes it.

I do. My old external that had this on it failed a while back, and I tried to get this recently only to see that the links are all dead.

Excellent! That's the latest version, going off of a simple glance at one of the changelogs for it. No animated leaderheads, but I'll take what I can get.

So it turns out I had it on my external hard drive after all with the animated leaderheads. I've also made my own little modmod of this, which I shall share down this post.

In doing so, I noticed that Thomas had accidentally set settlers and workers to not receive any bonus production from imperialist and expansive, respectively. I also saw a minor problem with Philip II where his favorite religion was a another civic, and I fixed that. Just plop the attached file into Thomas' War's folder and overwrite for that.

If you want the animated leaderheads and none of the new stuff, just download this and move/replace the (much larger) Leaderhead Pak0 in the assets folder.

https://mega.nz/#!QI4i1BqT!YZAHXd-vOdaoJgbP00t_hboEA6UPa2YcUbu7fbgxZDs

What does the rest of the modmod do?

Spoiler :

• Adds the seafaring trait Thomas programmed into the game before he disappeared, which means a bunch of new civilizations and leaders to accommodate it. No trait combos are repeated, but I have switched some around.
  • The seafaring trait's full abilities aren't displayed in the game because I have no idea where the text for it is located in the files. So you start with Sailing and get +1 movement for naval units with Astronomy, but what's not displayed is +25% production of work boats and caravels.
  • Removed Joan of Arc and Pol Pot as leaders. I don't like them as leaders and wanted their trait combos elsewhere. All I did was set them as unselectable, so their code and all is still in there.
  • New civilizations: Ainu, Chile, Chola, Haida, Indonesia, Maori, Siam, Tibet.
  • The Sioux have a new unique building since the Haida have the totem pole.
  • Leaders with changed traits: Dido of Carthage (now Expansive/Seafaring), Che Bong Na of the Cham (now Nationalistic/Seafaring), Mao of China (now Organized/Protective), Victoria of England (now Imperialistic/Seafaring), Johan de Witt of the Dutch (now Agricultural/Seafaring), Henry de Aviz of the Portuguese (now Seafaring/Scientific), Joao II of the Portuguese (now Mercantile/Nationalistic), Philip II of Spain (now Creative/Seafaring), Aho'eitu of the Tu'i Tonga (now Philosophical/Seafaring), and Cunhambebe of the Tupi (now Expansive/Protective).
  • New leaders: Shakushain of the Ainu (Protective/Seafaring), Nebuchadnezzar II of the Babylonians (Expansive/Scientific), Bernardo O'Higgins of Chile (Organized/Seafaring), Rajendra Chola of the Chola (Financial/Seafaring), Vijayalaya of the Chola (Creative/Nationalistic), Skiteiget of the Haida (Seafaring/Spiritual), Dharmasetu of the Indonesians (Mercantile/Philosophical), Hayam Wuruk of the Indonesians (Expansive/Imperialistic), Samaratungga of the Indonesians (Industrious/Seafaring), Suharto of the Indonesians (Imperialistic/Nationalistic), Enrico Dandolo of the Italians (Diplomatic/Seafaring), Minos of the Minoans (Mercantile/Seafaring), Lapu-Lapu of the Filipinos (Charismatic/Seafaring), Pygmalion of the Phoenicians (Seafaring/Strategic), Ramkhamhaeng of the Siamese (Mercantile/Spiritual), Songstan Gampo of the Tibetans (Nationalistic/Spiritual), the Trung Sisters of the Vietnamese (Financial/Imperialistic), and Harald Hardrada of the Vikings (Aggressive/Seafaring).

Attachments

• SmallFixes.zip
    113.5 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
I tried downloading the big file but clicking on it does nothing. Copying the url I ended up with two "https://" in it. Fixing that I got to the site and it said it was downloading but after 15 mins it was still at 0%.:(

Well I fixed the link, but that sounds like a problem on your end with mega, since it works fine on my end.

I'd love to play the modmod as I really enjoyed the original Thomas War, but on loading, I'm still getting the same error with Thomas War as before back when I switched to Windows 7, namely no interface and no civlopedia. I've tried fooling around with the ini file and clearing the cache. Any idea on what to do to make this work?

I'd love to play the modmod as I really enjoyed the original Thomas War, but on loading, I'm still getting the same error with Thomas War as before back when I switched to Windows 7, namely no interface and no civlopedia. I've tried fooling around with the ini file and clearing the cache. Any idea on what to do to make this work?
Missing UI usually means a problem with Python, try turning off Custom Assets in the mods ini file.

Top Bottom