A World in Arms: WW2 armies

Hi Wotan49. Difficult reasponse. This pack is absolutely the great pack I ever made. I have stated from an idea: ok I must made all the most know tank/armored units, other than infantry units, but where is the new idea that do my pack different from others very very good pack? So I have think to add most possible tank/armored units never seen here at civ's fanatics. This idea push to me to made by myself a lot of unit (tanks/armored) starting from scratch model or for someone from nothing. This work is obiouvsly difficult and slow, but I'm very happy because I have just made an interesting amount of new and never seen units. If I have a bit of time I will post here some preview and waiting your comments. ;)

Could be great to see the new unit list or previews! I remember TopGun's aircraft works showing previews of planes he was making.

Lionic, here you will find the list of the planned units. It could be changed, but this is the big amount of info.

Andrea, don't hesitate to create your own unit(s) even if they were created earlier. I'd (personally) doubt about the armored units, but your infantry, MG, paratroopers, marines - this is what I wait for. :) A lot of armored units were been done by Wyrmshadow, so the most expected the same pack as the "World In Flames". It's all IMHO, I just wanted to add my input to inspire you. :) Thanks A LOT for your work! :)

Lionic, here you will find the list of the planned units. It could be changed, but this is the big amount of info.

Andrea, don't hesitate to create your own unit(s) even if they were created earlier. I'd (personally) doubt about the armored units, but your infantry, MG, paratroopers, marines - this is what I wait for. :) A lot of armored units were been done by Wyrmshadow, so the most expected the same pack as the "World In Flames". It's all IMHO, I just wanted to add my input to inspire you. :) Thanks A LOT for your work! :)

I second this. The infantry is what I wait eagerly for, beside those odd missing vehicles that Wyrmshadow, Gwendoline, Ripptide and other have missed.
Just look at many missing mortar units, bazookas, Bren MG, Alpinis to name a few. These infantry units will melt in perfectly with your WWi pack and 19C units.

I do hope you will release this monster pack in bits over time. Let us all admire each and everyone, and then go on to the next release. Getting all at once will be overwhelming and also the long wait until all is ready will be agonizing.

Best to you Sir

(and of course I still hope and wait for that French 19C soldier missing in earlier packs, you know which one)

Imperator, how goes your Vietnam pack? Is it suspended or abandoned for the foreseeable future until you finish your WWII pack. Sorry to be nosy it's just that when you announced you were doing a Vietnam pack it really piqued my interests.

I do hope you will release this monster pack in bits over time. Let us all admire each and everyone, and then go on to the next release. Getting all at once will be overwhelming and also the long wait until all is ready will be agonizing.

I think that's a good idea, you could add parts over time and publish them in the same thread, this allows modders to update their mods nicely and minimizes the risk of losing some of the units due to technical reasons. :) Besides, I'm eagerly awaiting these units ;)

I must put in this question....

In the list over possible units for this pack the French look a bit thin, so I think some very cool units for mountain warfare would be great.
Moroccan Goumiers was on my mind. They fought very fine in Italy and their unique dressing would be fun to see in Civ3.

Any chances that you could include some of these, or something similar ?
Perhaps ideas on Foreign Legion for WW2, some Gurkhas for the British.

All these troops would easily stand out on the Civ battlefield.

Attachments

• Goums.jpg
    Goums.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 41
I must put in this question....

In the list over possible units for this pack the French look a bit thin, so I think some very cool units for mountain warfare would be great.
Moroccan Goumiers was on my mind. They fought very fine in Italy and their unique dressing would be fun to see in Civ3.

Any chances that you could include some of these, or something similar ?
Perhaps ideas on Foreign Legion for WW2, some Gurkhas for the British.

All these troops would easily stand out on the Civ battlefield.

All the units you mentioned are in my list. Also for the french there are tirailleurs marocains, trailleurs senegalais.

beautiful models:clap:
which are probably half the size of your already Done "Hummel"
:drool:

Wotan49
:coffee:

All the units you mentioned are in my list. Also for the french there are tirailleurs marocains, trailleurs senegalais.

OUTSTANDING,
soon you just have to give us all a small package to DL and to admire in-game :eek:

South African Marmon Herrington Pak 37 AT

British Archer

Czechoslovakian Tancik vz.33

Dutch KNIL Colonial Troop) T8 37mm AT Gun

Danish Madsen 20mm AA AT

Dutch BSA 1000 Madsen 20mm AA AT

Danish Madsen 20mm AA AT

Dutch BSA 1000 Spandau MG AA

Dutch KNIL Vickers Dutchmen

Dutch Landsverk M38

Top Bottom