I hate steam!

Felix953

Chieftain
I hate steam! Why? Because you have to pay for that and some people simply don't have enough money to waste in video games. It should be free for all. I and my friends don't have the opportunity to share our habilities with the rest of the world, we don't have the opportunity to be in hall of fame and we are with great modesty very good players. It's really unfair and a stupid situation, deplorable.

Steam is free. OP's complaint is completely invalid, because Steam is free.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the OP is mad simply because Steam has successfully made easy software piracy very difficult and he actually has to pay for games. :-/

CS

Felix, there is a trick to do multiplayer with your friends via Lan on one account. Google it or PM me.

But if you all want to play online then you just all have to buy the game, it's always been like that for pretty much every game since 2000. Pirating offline content is easy, that's why so many games now have online content.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the OP is mad simply because Steam has successfully made easy software piracy very difficult and he actually has to pay for games. :-/

CS

Its not about piracy, its about that they are only interessed in your money.
They implented a new level score to make the users more adiccted.
So dont tell me its a user friendly, community supporting software.
***** the censur whole threads and post because they mean they have the right to do this.
Also steam is more or less a spytool, steam knows much about you and your pc.

At times I hate Steam and at time I love it. Depends whether there is a good sale on i guess :lol:. Also, the fact most of your gaming friends are linked up on one network is nice.

CS
It's not just about piracy but also fair use of the games i bought.
If i buy a boardgame, i can open the box and play with my friends and family. They don't need their own copy of that game. Now, if they want to play on their own with their friends, they need their copy.
With PC games nowadays, if a family has 3 children and they want to be able to play a multiplayer game, they need 3 copies :mad: Now at least with CiV, there is hotseat, but many games don't even have this.

Its not about piracy, its about that they are only interessed in your money.
They implented a new level score to make the users more adiccted.
So dont tell me its a user friendly, community supporting software.
***** the censur whole threads and post because they mean they have the right to do this.
Also steam is more or less a spytool, steam knows much about you and your pc.

Well there is already a huge thread here on CFC about the pros and cons of Steam, so I'm not going to get into that debate here again. Other than that I have no idea what you are trying to say. Yes Steam sells games...just like everyone else does. Yes they gather generic stats.... big deal. Show me a game retailer that is not interested in your money.

Steam lets me download my games on any PC anywhere without problems. To me that makes it fairly useful.

CS

It's not just about piracy but also fair use of the games i bought.
If i buy a boardgame, i can open the box and play with my friends and family. They don't need their own copy of that game. Now, if they want to play on their own with their friends, they need their copy.
With PC games nowadays, if a family has 3 children and they want to be able to play a multiplayer game, they need 3 copies :mad: Now at least with CiV, there is hotseat, but many games don't even have this.

Yes well like it or not you do not own steam games, you license them. So until someone challenges that in court it is the way it is. Your only option is to vote with your wallet and not buy from steam if you feel that strongly about it.

CS

I bought a hard copy of Civ 5 when it came out. I had never heard of steam and didn't know how it worked. If you want hard copies to "own" maybe you can purchase them at the store or on eBay?

Steam is a business, Firaxis is a business. Their #1 purpose of existence is to make a profit. If they do not make profit they will cease to exist. So, you can say that you want things for free but the companies which expend resources and money to create the games you love must be compensated and make a profit in order to continue making those great works.

Get a job, make money, buy things you want. It's not a complicated concept.

Top Bottom