Harbor/Shipyard Improvement Mod

Enj0y

Chieftain
I'm curious if there's a mod out there that allows the building of an improvement that will give its builder access to the sea?

It could be something like a city that is limited in growth and cheaper to build and maintain, but only allows the building of sea related buildings within it like harbor, lighthouse...etc., but also allows the owner to build ocean units like ships and work boats. It could also have the ability to connect coastal trade routes.

The territory it claimed would only be one hex immediately surrounding the improvement and wouldn't grow. All resources, trade route benefits...etc, would be attached to the nearest city with a road connect to it.

Does anything like this exist out there in the ether and if not, what kind of development are we looking at? XML, LUA, DLL?

Thanks

The only thing I can think of is the mod that allows naval units to pass through forts and citadels, it's a DLL mod I believe.

Furthermore, I don't think there'd be a way for naval trade units to access that city as well. I tried settling a city on a lake and another city on a one tile wide strip of land that closed the lake in, but no luck with getting naval trade routes to and from said city. I don't think there's a mod out there that addresses this, but if there was, that'd be a pleasant surprise.

Top Bottom