Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod

Gaurav said:
Aaah, you're playing a team game, "Hatshepsut/Louis XIV/Alexander".

I told you there were too many damn ways to play multiplayer. :lol:

If I remember, the team name, not the player name, is displayed with teams, but I'll check when I get home from work. I'm thinking the team name might be blank for AIs if they are neutral or something. I doubt Dr. Elmer Jiggle (or Gillmer J. Derge) ever tried out his mod with teams, since he said his mod is "untested with multiplayer." :)

Okay, Patrick. I have made an attempt to fix this. Both of these patches work well for the one turn in your savegame I have tried. Because running the three instances of Civ4 using this savegame slows my single PC to a crawl, you guys are just going to have to test this out yourselves.

Just replace YAUGM\Assets\RuffMod\Civ4lerts.py with one of the following patches. Patch 1 continues to use the team name unless its length is zero, otherwise uses the player name. Patch 2 is actually simpler, it uses the player name always. (Civ4lerts.py originally used the team name always.) Both seem a bit screwy to me when comparing with the Exotic Foreign Advisor, but I may just not understand the teams.

Please let me know which one works out the best, so that I may include it in my bugfix release. Or let me know if one works better in some situations and the other works better in others, or if you have issues with either.

(Attachments deleted.)

Gaurav said:
Please let me know which one works out the best, so that I may include it in my bugfix release. Or let me know if one works better in some situations and the other works better in others, or if you have issues with either.

Thanks Gaurav! :goodjob: Quick work! I will try these out and report back to you.

Hello, all.

Unfortunately, real life has been interfering with Civ4 modding, so I have not been able to reach all my goals with the bugfix release. However, since I figure I'll be even busier soon, I decided to go ahead and distribute what I have. Please see post 1 for version 1.2.2.

Note that there are no new features, but there are so many bugfixes, just like a Firaxis patch. Therefore, I won't be announcing this one on the front page.

No, this is not compatible with Warlords.

Hey Gaurav, I understand you haven't had any time to work on this mod recently, but I was curious about if you plan to come back to it at a future time or if you are "done" working on it for good. Thanks for all the work! :)

I would love to see this mod available for Warlords. Does anybody know if any work is being done on a Warlords version of this mod?

Thanks

OneBinary said:
I would love to see this mod available for Warlords. Does anybody know if any work is being done on a Warlords version of this mod?

Thanks
I don't know about this mod, but I am working on getting my SG unaltered mod pack to work with Warlords. I'm actually in the process of re-packaging the whole thing as a lot of the underlying mods have been updated.

Hi, all.

I appreciate all of the accolades and requests, but as I have said before, I've become busy with other things and do not know if/when I may resume modding Civ4. In the meantime, anyone (especially ruff_hi) is welcome to take anything they want from this mod and use it in his (see included license inherited from several component mods). After all, most of it was written by other people. ;)

iluvc2oh6 said:
but I am looking for the same thing for warlords...I see a couple unaltered mods for warlords but nothing as good as the mods you compiled...any suggestions?

Update it! :lol:

Even though Gaurav is pretty much out of the picture, he did just now reply to my post in another thread. And perhaps another person can point me in the right direction.

When I use this in CustomAssets (with no other mod except perhaps Blue Marble Terrain) it takes away the game interface. That makes it pretty much unusable. And I have tried that kayboard shortcut that toggles the interface with no succes.

What could be wrong?

Even though Gaurav is pretty much out of the picture, he did just now reply to my post in another thread. And perhaps another person can point me in the right direction.

When I use this in CustomAssets (with no other mod except perhaps Blue Marble Terrain) it takes away the game interface. That makes it pretty much unusable. And I have tried that kayboard shortcut that toggles the interface with no succes.

What could be wrong?

I'm sort of back. I just stopped working on this modpack months ago. Then later I started working on something else more recently.

This mod is not compatible with Warlords and requires patch 1.61. Make sure you copied in only the contents of the Assets directory into CustomAssets. Make sure that the config files were then copied outside the CustomAssets directory. Make sure there was nothing else in the CustomAssets before that.

Please make sure you have read the directions. And see if it works in Mods/Assets if it does not work in CustomAssets for you, that might be a clue.

I am running 1.61, not Warlords. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

In any case, clearing out CustomAssets and a careful install did the trick. Except that the options dialog (Alt+J) is messed up. Will try a mod install.

EDIT: A mod install is the same. And I did clear the cache.

Here's what the options dialog looks like:

A lot of the modifications are visible, so it does load. Is the options dialog supposed to work?

In any case, clearing out CustomAssets and a careful install did the trick. Except that the options dialog (Alt+J) is messed up. Will try a mod install.

The options screen does look like that. I included the older version of Ruff's mod, and he had not created that cool feature yet. :)

Spoiler Keyboard Shortcuts :

Press [ALT-L] to enable/disable Autolog.
Press [ALT-B] to dump the battle statistics to the Autolog.
Press [ALT-M] to use the Reminder feature.
Press [ALT-J] to bring up some kind of future feature Ruff is developing.

All features are enabled/disabled and options are set through RuffMod.ini.

Is this file still active on file front.

I tried the link and a search on FF and could not find it.

It seems as if the 1.2.2 version has gone missing from Filefront, although version 1.2 is still avaliable there. Can someone please re-upload version 1.2.2?

I dont see the mod at that link at all.Has it been removed ??

Edit; duh, I just read two posts up. But it would be nice if the updated one could be put on the civfanatics site. It's small enough isnt it?

The link given by covert7 goes to filefront with no mod to download still.

Yep, I got it. Thanks Covert.

Also , I posted in the general customisation forum about this but I will add my question here too.

Can anyone help my get rid of the 'press enter to end turn' text that flashes in the centre of the screen. The config file has an option to move it back to the bottom of the screen but it doesnt seem to work.

I would like to move it down, or delete it if possible.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Yep, I got it. Thanks Covert.

Also , I posted in the general customisation forum about this but I will add my question here too.

Can anyone help my get rid of the 'press enter to end turn' text that flashes in the centre of the screen. The config file has an option to move it back to the bottom of the screen but it doesnt seem to work.

I would like to move it down, or delete it if possible.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Only way would be to edit the marked section in PLEMainInterface.py.

Top Bottom