World War II 1939 - A Civilization IV Modification

My previous problems seemed to subside and I played a bit on the Europe map. It is wonderful,:goodjob: but there was one thing that gnaws at me. The League of Nations that binds alot of smaller nations together. Will smaller nations like Greece be added in the future?

One small note: Why don't the Soviets get control of the Southern Caucasus (Armenia and Azerbaijan)? This area provides them with a lot of oil, and historically, the battles to retake Crimea were heavily influenced by Southern Caucasian brigades.

Canada will be added (i can't and i don't tell when) - imagine 100-200 of new units models, 10-20 new animated leaderheads 10-20 new tracks for soundtrack? Is it much? And it's the reason why Canada don't appear in 1.0b mod as standalone country.

Besides you may play Canada in 1933 World Scenario

About Greece very possible - but we have more important countries on list sorry - it won't be soon (it could be soon when it would be necessary for one of the scenarios - for example invasion on balkans etc. - as i know nobody works on it). I'm happy that the mod runs for you now :)

About Caucasian - yes i think it should be historiccly for Soviet Union, but i also think that JungleIII made it for better ballancing. Anyone who wants can create scenario based on this mod - and I give free hand in creating scenario - it's his vision and concept how the scenario should look like. Everybody has a different view on the problem - i hope this beta testing will help us meet somwhere in the middle :)

Hello,
Iam thinking about loading this one. My question, Must I have Warlords? If so where is best place (quick & safe) to get it. One last question as well, approximately how long 'till the next patch? I am excited to play, and thank you very much everyone----> : )

Luv from the cold parts of the world.

NOOOOOOO!!

dude you just have to make a non .exe file thing. just zip the folders PLEASE!!!!! i can't play the mod and i've been waiting to get it

PLEASE!! FOR THOSE OF MAC!!!

Sebiche ==> OK, if you wish, soon a make a zip version :)

@ Ottoman4u - yes you need warlords in 2.08 v.
@Sebiche - it contains compilled .dll won't be this a problem? Of course we'll make .zip version
@ arithegreat - yes Finland will be added too

===============================
LEADERHEADS
===============================

In v. 1.0 beta there are following leaders:
Winston Churchill - Great Britain
Albert Lebrune - Republic of France
Joseph Stalin - Soviet Union
Ignacy Moscicki - Republic of Poland
Franklin Delano Roosevelt - United States of America
Joseph Avenol - League Of Nation (Neutrals)
Adolf Hitler - Third Reich
Benito Mussolini - Kingdom Of Italy

There's not many (the may repeat in some scenarios), but however we start working on another leaders and nations.

Good JOB! BtW! is it me or the guy on the lower-left corner of the leaderheads´picture does look A LOT like woodelf´s avatar???

noo! .dll haunts me again

I cant get this to work when I first installed it it had a sub folder ww2.... in the main mod folder with the assets etc folder in it so I removed the files from in there 1 level up the tree and got rid of the folder but I start and load the mod... the graphic and music of the mod at title screen go up but I cant find the 1939 mod anywhere to start playing....

I dont think this is my fault you need to set things up properly for this mod to work thanks.

Have EXACTLY the same problem as killazer. Help would be appreciated

Depending on which windows version you are using, the computer installs a little diffently, but you are looking for the scenarios in the mod folder under public maps, something like...
.....Warlords\MODS\WW2 1939\PublicMaps

Without diagnosing :( where it was put on your computer, and to get you out of a bind until asioasioasio is back online, you could:

Go to standard "Search" on your computer startup and look for -
WW2* and you will have all the scenarios show up in your search results. Click on anyone of them and the scenario will 'find' the mod and play straight from there...

Hope this helps... :)

Cheers... ...Jungle

Fixed it, the place where I downloaded it from had renamed the mod folder, so it made the mod incompatible with the scenario. I renamed the mod folder and it worked :)

Thanks guys

The CivFanatics EXE download extracts everything into a "World War II 1939 1.0b" folder. It also tells you to "point it at your Warlords\Mod directory" - which produces something like:

C:\Games\Civ4\Warlords\Mods\World War II 1939 1.0b\WW2 1939

That's probably the error.

i played D-day scenario with germany.

asioasioasio says there may be an issue with some graphics cards and the problem is rare - we thought it was fixed with a "white flag patch" included in the pre-release version. He is working to find another solution.

Thanks for your patience, as it soooo much nicer with flags to identify your friends from your enemies.

noo! .dll haunts me again

Sorry without that - we don't have ready source code for compilling for Mac Users

The CivFanatics EXE download extracts everything into a "World War II 1939 1.0b" folder. It also tells you to "point it at your Warlords\Mod directory" - which produces something like:

C:\Games\Civ4\Warlords\Mods\World War II 1939 1.0b\WW2 1939

That's probably the error.

I checked once again it @ home it should install it to
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\
I'm downloading it from civfanatics to make sure everything it's ok

If you use VIsta or installed Civ4 in other place you need to find the Warlords/Mod dierctory

AND DON'T INSTALL IT IN WARLORDS/MODS IN MY DOCUMENTS

One good thing to be added would be that all planes and ships in a city that you capture will fall in you hands like the workers do. Now lots of planes and some ships goes to waste and it would be more realistic

One good thing to be added would be that all planes and ships in a city that you capture will fall in you hands like the workers do. Now lots of planes and some ships goes to waste and it would be more realistic

Interesting idea :)
we also think about possibility of escape of planes and ships from the occupied city

Top Bottom