[BtS] Rise of Mankind

@Zappara

First forgive me for being impatient. It is actually because I do like your MOD and I was waiting so eagerly for your updates.

Now my advice is to start with 0.8 and upload small patches each has a little subset of the new additions. Once a CTD is reported the cause can be isolated into a smaller number of files or changes. I know it might be tiresome, but I can't see that guessing around is getting us anywhere.

One question for now.. Did you reference any files from Vanilla and Warlords in 0.8? If you did then we shouldn't suspect irregular installation paths. Though when I think about it I am almost sure it shouldn't cause problems.

Now my advice is to start with 0.8 and upload small patches each has a little subset of the new additions. Once a CTD is reported the cause can be isolated into a smaller number of files or changes. I know it might be tiresome, but I can't see that guessing around is getting us anywhere.

One question for now.. Did you reference any files from Vanilla and Warlords in 0.8? If you did then we shouldn't suspect irregular installation paths. Though when I think about it I am almost sure it shouldn't cause problems.
Yup, that's what I'm going to do and start over again from v0.8. It seems to be the easiest way to find what's causing the crashes. And yes I did reference to unit graphic files in Warlords (units, button graphics), probably also to Vanilla stuff. Those references work so it would be odd if new references in 0.9 wouldn't.

I'll head home now and start modding.. I'll post about progress next week. :) I've been designing also a fantasy related mod project for Civ4 so I got lots of stuff to do. ;)

Pheweee.

Just coming to the end of my first full go at 0.8 and already I'm two versions behind!

As always - great work on what is fast becoming the BEST thing to happen to Civ since Sid thought "I wonder if a computer could do THIS?"

Not noticed any major problems thus far - air units that recieve an extended range promotion don't show the extra range until they're re-selected, but I've hit an annoying CTS snag in the middle of my greatest ever war.

The turn before, I completed the tech that allows early tanks and armored cars, and switched several production cities to them. Next turn CTD. Reloaded the save : cancelled all tanks. CTD. Reloaded - cancelled armored cars - CTD. Reloaded - cancelled BOTH - guess what?

Sorry I couldn't lock down the cause, but at least I may have ruled out a couple of things.

Off to weep for a couple of hours now.:(

Keep up the grrrrrreat work though!

MrHyms

Firstly I'd like to say GREAT MOD!!!!!, I love having loads of techs and resources and just general stuff, for me, more is better.

Now to the problem (or potential problem).

I was playing a game on Warlords as the Sumerians, I was on the North-East peninsula of a resonably large continent (for a standard map) around me was Napoleon (has the most land-space), Etheopians (has a small area over to the west just behind the French), Russians (even smaller area to the south) and one other Civ that I can't remember.

Shortly after I discovered Iron Working Napoleon went to war with me, I hadn't really done anything to upset him except follow another religion, btu i thought fine I can cope with one nation (although he was mass building units and brought far more into the field than I expected, but i was managing to hold my cities without problem), but what surprised me was that a few turns later every other civ on that continent went to war with me, but not each-other even though they were each following different religions...I was doomed (4 civs all mass producing units and attacking only me?) the only reason I could see for this was having a different religion, but in the normal game religion doesn't normall have such a drastic effect, especially on the easier difficulty settings. Is it just me, or is the mod meant to work this way?

Maybe Napoleon paid them to declare you war, why not ... ;)

Anyway i haven't seens such a "slaughter" scenario yet with the mod :)

I actually had a similar situation while playing as the Japanese. The first civ to declare war managed to coax several others to, including some that were of the same religion as me!

I installed the new "patch" to bts and yay can't even start the program because it asks me to put in the cd! ffs it's inside the drive! ahhhhhh Can't play Rise of Mankind noooow:'(

@Ironmann

You should post on the 3.03 patch's thread there might be someone there who can help. However, I guess you better revert to 3.02. I think there is a post there explaining a simple way to do it without a clean installation of BTS.

don't know if this is a stupid question but what the hell.

it say you need warlords and BTS, but doesn't BTS include everything from warlords apart from the scenarios?

if it doesn't then how do i get warlords too, as if i install warlords and then BTS the game doesn't work. also take2 said BTS and warlords don't reallt mesh.

any help as i wouldn't mind playing this scenario

p.s. is there any in game pics?

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong area to post about this...but when I load a custom game in the rise of mankind mod for BtS...I can't see any menus no options, not anything...I can only move the units that's it. The selections aren't visible for me...Help plz

Look in the options and change the language for "English". That will solve the problem ;)

Firstly I'd like to say GREAT MOD!!!!!, I love having loads of techs and resources and just general stuff, for me, more is better.

Now to the problem (or potential problem).

I was playing a game on Warlords as the Sumerians, I was on the North-East peninsula of a resonably large continent (for a standard map) around me was Napoleon (has the most land-space), Etheopians (has a small area over to the west just behind the French), Russians (even smaller area to the south) and one other Civ that I can't remember.

Shortly after I discovered Iron Working Napoleon went to war with me, I hadn't really done anything to upset him except follow another religion, btu i thought fine I can cope with one nation (although he was mass building units and brought far more into the field than I expected, but i was managing to hold my cities without problem), but what surprised me was that a few turns later every other civ on that continent went to war with me, but not each-other even though they were each following different religions...I was doomed (4 civs all mass producing units and attacking only me?) the only reason I could see for this was having a different religion, but in the normal game religion doesn't normall have such a drastic effect, especially on the easier difficulty settings. Is it just me, or is the mod meant to work this way?

Its the new AI, it is much better at getting others into a war against you. I dont know what they are giving (tech/money) to get them into a war against you. much like a human would do. Also when you are at war others are more likely to plot against you, especially when you are being agressive. :king: Keep your power in the top three is what i can say. People in my own cities were unhappy since we were considered the bad boy! that is also a new one.

Regarding the above posts i have been able to finish a game on 0.9 i have warlords and BtS all with latest patches.
playing quick and on small map.

The only hiccups i got is when i exited to windows (XP) where i got some memory allocation error. Nothing game braking.

I hesitate to try 0.9.1 since noone seems to be able to play it.

You can research fission without having researched thermodynamics which in turn comes from physics, that cant be right.

Some civics give unhappy faces for civs that dont have it but there are more civic options that have that effect also. Problem is when you switch to these other options you get unhappy faces from the civic option you just left. So there is no better option? I hope you get the point.

In the later game, spy missions like +8 unhappy and +8 pollution only have effect on big cities since the smaller have plenty to spare. Also steal treasury could use a boost but should then cost alot more of course.
or maybe im just checking out the civs without alot of gold.

The same goes for events. Like pay 46 to repair the mine or loose it. youll have enough money to spare later in the game. so it becomes a non issue. Is it scalable per age?

Whats the meaning of light artillery? they become available later in the game than oridnary arty.

Bombers can have the fanatic promotion?

The arcology building is a bit big on the map could be a bit smaller.

after you build advanced shielding arcology becomes buildable again.

The mind control center states that it reduces production by 25% but the text below it says -15%

Religion spreads pretty fast (confucianism). I wasnt spreading it actively maybe other civs were.

I notices temples of different religions have different build costs.

I attacked a low culture civ city without walls, still it had very high defences. It was difficult to conquer in just a couple of turns.

Does the statue of Zeus ever become obsolete? if it doesnt it is a must have!!

Im not exactly sure but the silk road wonder gave the units build in that city an extra movement point. If thats intended then it should be mentioned since it says nothing of the sort in the description.

I had the same problem, I'm on Win XP home and 0.9.1 crashes during the Init XML (uncached) loading bit

Another possible bug/balance issue.

AI calculation of resource value may be out. On my latest game I bumped into Ghandi around 1600. Opened the negotiation screen, selected his coffee and asked "What do you want for this"- his final demand was NOTHING. At all.

I carried on - eventually got coffee and bananas for free from Ghandi, and he then gave me clams and 4 gold per turn for cotton.

I tried with some other leaders - Lincoln has offered me pigs for nothing, and I'm getting free corn from Churchill!

Possibly a bug - possible I've genned up a world full of generous altruists, or possible they're all lulling me into a sense of false security! I'm certainly not used to getting ANYTHING for nothing from the AI unless I'm bullying them...

Anyone else seen this?

Also RE Arcologies :- doubt it would have much impact on the game by that stage, but should they also come with a culture bonus? I know when I see them scattered throughout my lands, I think they look cool as h*ll and would happily move into one!

Well i must say, very ambition mod. Are you really doing this all by yourself? or is there people to help you? i wish i could mod, but i dont know anything about it. :D maybe i'll start learning, at least some basics... :p

Is that new patch buggy or something? i cant start the mod. How can i get 0.9, i kind of missed it... Or is it better if i just stay in 0.8?

This mod really gonna be one of the best BTS mods... :p (when its ready... :D)

Just keep up the good work.. :)

But i really would like to see more civics, 6 or 7 in each categories and there should be military category, i just like when there is a lot af choises.. :p

Try to get that patch working, maybe there will be dualism and other disabled techs... :p

My .9.1 is crashing too. Xfire gives me this error text:
Spoiler :
<ExceptionReport Version="4">
<Application Build="27712" Command="&quot;C:\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe&quot; "/>
<OperatingSystem Type="2"><Version Major="5" Minor="1" Build="2600"/></OperatingSystem>
<Exception Code="C0000005" Address="024DF41B"><Module Section="0001" Offset="000EE41B" FileName="C:\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll"/></Exception>
<Registers EAX="00000000" EBX="0000001C" ECX="00007BD7" EDX="0012EAD2" ESI="19FD9DB8" EDI="023B9A10" CS="001B" EIP="024DF41B" SS="0023" ESP="0012ECE8" EBP="00000001" DS="0023" ES="0023" FS="003B" GS="0000" Flags="00010216"/>
<BackTrace>
<Frame ProgramCounter="024DF41B" StackAddress="0012ECE8" FrameAddress="00000001">
<Module Section="0001" Offset="000EE41B" FileName="C:\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll"/>
</Frame>
</BackTrace>
</ExceptionReport>

I'm having the same problems, I had no trouble with 0.8 but 0.9.1 starts loading but crashes before the loading finishes.

This might be a long shot but try deleting the .ini file in the mod folder. When you boot the mod it will create a new one.

I recently made some extensive modifications in my mod which caused it to crash on startup. After deleting this file it worked fine.

Top Bottom