THE Noble's Club Bullpen, MK II

This place looks interesting. It looks like I just download maps and see what results I come out with? I'm struggling on Noble right now, and you people look helpful. Could someone explain to me what it is? Or am I posting in the wrong place? :crazyeye::sad:

Could someone explain to me what it is? Or am I posting in the wrong place?

Basically Nobles Club is a place for people to play a game using the same save to compare games, offer each other advice and have fun.

The saves are Worldbuilder saves, to be put in your worldbuilder saves folder and opened as a scenario, this way you can choose your preferred difficulty & speed. Post a report as you play along or when your finished to get advice and feedback. But remember to keep it spoilers.

New games come out roughly every 2 weeks, the current one is Genghis Khan http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=343737

and while all the previous games are still considered open to play, you might find you get more feedback from the more recent games.

It was originally designed to be a club for helping lower level players progress and while this still holds true there are a range of different level players playing now. The most important thing though is to have fun. :)

I see... I'll give it a shot. Not with Genghis though, I find him horrifically dull to play. Thanks for being helpful!

I see... I'll give it a shot. Not with Genghis though, I find him horrifically dull to play. Thanks for being helpful!

What ... Genghis ... DULL? YOu and i have a bone to pick sir :D

With a born war monger like him, all you are going to be doing is :spank: the hapless AI all day long :mischief:.

BTW - Welcome to the CFC forums :) --- EDIT - I see you have been a member for ages, just not come across the NC so far ... SO welcome to the Nobles Club ;)

What ... Genghis ... DULL? YOu and i have a bone to pick sir :D

With a born war monger like him, all you are going to be doing is :spank: the hapless AI all day long :mischief:.

BTW - Welcome to the CFC forums :) --- EDIT - I see you have been a member for ages, just not come across the NC so far ... SO welcome to the Nobles Club ;)

I guess not so much dull as narrow. You can't do anything but fight. I tried it anyways though, and liked it, though I think I made the mistake of attacking too late (should have tried to kill a rival early) and now I can't really touch anyone. I'm having some trouble with saving the game... my saves don't seem to appear on the menu. Do I have to play it all in one continuous session :eek: or is there something wrong?

I'm a little bit confused as to the hosting now. Is it settled on Dalamb, or can anyone host?

I'm a little bit confused as to the hosting now. Is it settled on Dalamb, or can anyone host?

I'm pretty sure Dalamb has taken on the role of permanent host at the moment and he's doing a pretty amazing job, even providing edited saves for the higher level players. Also I think weve got into a schedule at the moment as a result of a poll... is it every two weeks?

But really you need to hear that from Dalamb I guess.

I'm pretty sure Dalamb has taken on the role of permanent host at the moment and he's doing a pretty amazing job, even providing edited saves for the higher level players. Also I think weve got into a schedule at the moment as a result of a poll... is it every two weeks?

But really you need to hear that from Dalamb I guess.

So that means another is coming up this Friday! :crazyeye: I wonder who it will be....:eek:

EDIT: Nevermind, found how to save.... so, any details on the next map? After that great Genghis Khan map I am itching for more.

Unfortunately an old back problem has flared up and I'm not supposed to sit for more than about 15 minutes at a time. Makes anything that takes more time than that kind of hard to do, what with re-establishing context and all. Plus my priorities are all screwed up, so I use my limited sitting time to do term papers and other stuff instead of Civ. ;)

No idea how long it will take to recover -- likely "days" rather than "weeks" but I'm not sure; fortunately it has been a long time since the last episode, so I don't remember. Somebody else should feel free to create the next map. I still have a "reserve" on Qin but there are others available (see page 2 which has the list of unplayed leaders).

May I suggest a couple of unplayed Dudes:

1) Asoka - I've never played him. Spiritual/Organized is an interesting combo to work with. Plus, the fast worker is always nice

2) Qin Shi Huang - The Protective trait tends to be generally unpopular. However, if there is any synergy between that trait and anything it is the Chinese unique unit. A 2 first strike Crossbowman that starts with Drill 1 from Protective will get to Drill 3 with barracks and GG settled. On top of that this UU causes up to 60% collateral damage on top of the normal 50% against melee. Bee-line Machinery for some Cho-Ku-No medieval ass-whuppin'. One of my favorite UUs. Just imagine a stack of Drill IV Crossbowman (with an additional 2 first strikes on top of that) reeking havoc on backwards AI. Oh the joy!

Unfortunately an old back problem has flared up and I'm not supposed to sit for more than about 15 minutes at a time. Makes anything that takes more time than that kind of hard to do, what with re-establishing context and all. Plus my priorities are all screwed up, so I use my limited sitting time to do term papers and other stuff instead of Civ. ;)

Sorry to hear that mate... Hope your back gets better, and I hope it wasn't playing too much civ that flared it up to begin with. ;)

May I suggest a couple of unplayed Dudes:

2) Qin Shi Huang

Hmmm....

I still have a "reserve" on Qin but there are others available (see page 2 which has the list of unplayed leaders).

I guess that's a no to qin. But Asoka is fine...

Here is the list of the players Dalamb mentioned...

Asoka --> Suggested by Lymond
Augustus
Bismark
Churchill
Darius
Hammurabi
Huayna Capac
Isabella
Justinian
Lincoln
Mansa Musa
Mao Zedong
Mehmed II
Peter
Qin Shi Huang --> Reserved by Dalamb
Suryavarman II

Oh man - I had just read that Dalamb was doing a Qin. No coffee=No Brain!

Well, Dalamb, I'm certainly looking forward to a little Qin action soon. Sorry to hear about your back and hope it gets better soon.

You know, it always seems that we talk about playing against (or with) Mansa, but I've never played him either.

No coffee=No Brain!

I know how that feels :lol:

You know, it always seems that we talk about playing against (or with) Mansa, but I've never played him either.

You know what, I don't think I've ever played a game as mansa! :crazyeye:

But I guess first we need to find someone to host in Dalambs absence, I know CHEESE! has already expressed an interest so I guess we wait to hear from him or anyone else.

If nobody steps up to host I don't mind putting the game up, the worldbuilder files are fairly straight forward to set up but I would prefer an experienced player to roll the start and check for balance as I personally like to play the game blind so to speak.

If everyone is happy to wait for Dalamb thats fine too, although I'd rather not see players lose interest in the series and I don't want Dalamb to feel pressured into returning before a full recovery.

Augustus? (for the traits)
Or Mehmed? I like how he looks like he's cooking up an evil plot in one of the animations :D

@ dalamb

Sounds like Ibuprofen-time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

So lymond suggested Asoka or Mansa, however mansa is currently playing over on Immortal university so we should probably avoid him for now.

CivilizedTiger suggested Augustus or Mehmed II but I think seeing as we played the other ceaser only a few games back Augustus should probably keep for a while.

With that in mind there are currently 2 leaders in the mix...

- Asoka

- Mehmed II

I'm fairly impartial... Mehmed is a personal favourite of mine, love the list of cheap buildings his traits allow and he's very versatile but I have played him a few times.

Asoka, you know I think this is another leader I've never played? Can't remember... but I havn't played a spiritual leader for a while and they can be quite fun.

So anyone prefer either in particular, or want to throw another leader into the mix?

That's certainly an interesting mapscript however I think for my first attempt at posting a game for everyone I think something a little less adventurous might be in order. I'm not trying to break the mould here ;) just put up a game for everyone while we wait for dalambs return.

I'd prefer to stick to the standard game maps maybe a big and small, islands mixed in, something like that... but I am open to ideas.

I have a day off on thursday and will probably post a game then so there is still some time to discuss the details. Let me know your thoughts on Map's and which one of the two leaders you want.

Top Bottom