Caveman2Cosmos

What is the resource +5/per turn that banditry gets you? Tried to look in the civilopedia but it crashed the game

Just so I am not all questions and criticism, wanted to let you know I am really impressed by and grateful a for all the work put into this mod, or collection of mods. There is a lot going on and I am enjoying the learning.

What is the resource +5/per turn that banditry gets you? Tried to look in the civilopedia but it crashed the game

Just so I am not all questions and criticism, wanted to let you know I am really impressed by and grateful a for all the work put into this mod, or collection of mods. There si a lot going on and I am enjoying the learning.

I know dale's combat mod has archer ranged attack. Can that be added?

No offense, because i know you are kind of new here to posting, but could just PLS edit your post from now on and not post so many in a row, thx.:)

I know dale's combat mod has archer ranged attack. Can that be added?

It is incorporated but unfortunately a bug crept in unnoticed and now we don't have archer ranges attack.:( It will stay that way until a modder wants to put it back. There are so many things going on that this is low priority. If you can figure out a way to enthuse a modder its priority will rise.:mischief:

Hi there,

first, my problem :)
I cannot create unique units, no matter which civ I choose.
So, I want to build Praetorian, I play Romans, there are no other Romans in the game; still, I cannot build Praetorian even if I have everything (techs, resources etc.).
It says "Requires Roman", "%player% has 0".

I use v24 + patch.

Spoiler :
Other thoughts: I am playing Civ since Civ I (1990, old school) and obviously I played all versions through time. I've seen many, however, this mod is awesome, and you are doing a great job keeping up the Civ 4 engine. Civ 5 looks like a child/console game compared to this.
We are there and we appreciate your job.

Thank you.

Hi there,

So, I want to build Praetorian, I play Romans, there are no other Romans in the game; still, I cannot build Praetorian even if I have everything (techs, resources etc.).

I use v24 + patch.

Spoiler :
Other thoughts: I am playing Civ since Civ I (1990, old school) and obviously I played all versions through time. I've seen many, however, this mod is awesome, and you are doing a great job keeping up the Civ 4 engine. Civ 5 looks like a child/console game compared to this.

Thank you.
The Civ you choose at the start has little meaning in C2C except that it determines your base culture area. Depending on resources and your base culture a city might be able to build a culture "wonder", which would then give you access to the unique units of that culture.

@ronjon: I assume you mean crime.

Hi there,

I use v24 + patch.

Spoiler :

Thank you.

Caveman2Cosmos is different. The nation you choose at the start is not your culture. You need to build a city near the resources and features needed for the culture and then build the culture wonder. Only then will you be able to have the unique units.

there has been much discussion on

1) making map scripts that place the resources etc for people to have the culture that matches the initial nation chosen

2) make all initially available generic and let you build up the type of leader that you want as the game progresses. Allowing you to choose your traits and base culture as you progress through the tech tree.

Both are not easy, so neither have been done.

No offense, because i know you are kind of new here to posting, but could just PLS edit your post from now on and not post so many in a row, thx
Can do. was just posting as I played so I would not forget. By the way any answer to this question.

Crime, which you really don't want, unless you want lots of unhappy citizens.

Have you noticed that the AI doe Not build bandit's hideout?

JosEPh

Have you noticed that the AI doe Not build bandit's hideout?
No. Just started playing this version. I saw the + and just figured it must be a positive thing.:confused:

CTRL+W: I've seen the "Roman culture" "building/wonder" and I got it now.

Caveman2Cosmos is different. The nation you choose at the start is not your culture. You need to build a city near the resources and features needed for the culture and then build the culture wonder. Only then will you be able to have the unique units.

there has been much discussion on

1) making map scripts that place the resources etc for people to have the culture that matches the initial nation chosen

2) make all initially available generic and let you build up the type of leader that you want as the game progresses. Allowing you to choose your traits and base culture as you progress through the tech tree.

Both are not easy, so neither have been done.

No. Just started playing this version. I saw the + and just figured it must be a positive thing.:confused:

The + is for bldgs that add to Crime and the bldgs and units (town watchman line) with - help reduce Crime.

It's another mechanism added in to make player and AI alike have more to be aware of and balance. Crime affects Happiness and if you play with REV On Empire stability.

There are now also other components that you have to mind, Flammability ( this, if it gets to high, causes Fire events to happen and Bldgs burn down), Water Pollution and Air Pollution.

So Many bldgs now have several new symbols attached that either add to "+" or reduce "-" that aspect.

JosEPh

Actually, that may not quite be true. I have had one or two games where a bandit has been attacking settlers and workers. It depends on whether you build it yourself and use it whether the AI does or not perhaps...

Bandit's Hideout was not being built nor the merc camps in v24 release. The current SVN version now has the correction added into it. So now the AI should be back to building Thieves, Rogues, Ambushers, Bandit Footpads plus hopefully Bandit Riders and Assassins.

JosEPh

Hi.
So what is the difference between 24 and 23???
I couldn't find a description - and I don't remember the techs list THAT good...

The volcano event needs to be made more rare than it currently is. I'm playing my second test game and early in both games I've played this event has happened right next to my first city. In my current game I have a volcano that provides medicine.

Also, starting a marathon game in reneissance resulted in a start year of 50000 AD.

In general this mod seems overwhelming in it's details. It is quite hard to focus on the big picture with the constant need for building new minor buildings, and the amount of buildings is so high it would take a long time to remember which ones are the ones I want to build first. The mod is such a behemoth I don't find it enjoyable to play.

The biggest praise I can give is that I didn't have a single crash during my playtest, which is great for something that offers as much as this mod does.

The volcano event needs to be made more rare than it currently is. I'm playing my second test game and early in both games I've played this event has happened right next to my first city. In my current game I have a volcano that provides medicine.

Most of which has been fixed in the SVN next copy.

Also, starting a marathon game in renaissance resulted in a start year of 50000 AD.

Yes that is NOW the new normal starting year.

In general this mod seems overwhelming in it's details. It is quite hard to focus on the big picture with the constant need for building new minor buildings, and the amount of buildings is so high it would take a long time to remember which ones are the ones I want to build first. The mod is such a behemoth I don't find it enjoyable to play.

The biggest praise I can give is that I didn't have a single crash during my playtest, which is great for something that offers as much as this mod does.

If you think its too much ALL you have to do is, play it YOUR way, this MOD was designed specifically for EACH and EVERY person to his/her choice of how THEY want to play the game. There are more than 200 options to be checked, options before you start a game, options while you start the game, options while playing the game (plus you can change 90% of them) EACH turn if you want to, again its YOUR CHOICE, YOUR GAME.

Here is how i have mine set-up, because i am like you i hate all the EXTRA stuff there, so HIDE them.

Top Bottom