What makes you ragequit?

I had a few rage quits lately.

1) My whole invasion army disappeared in a friendly city which culture flipped to an enemy.

2) I missed the TGD wonder dispite having an base output of 79 :hammers: versus AI base output of 52 :hammers:
and running State Property + 10-15 extra turns.
No GA or GE for the AI and still completing the wonder 4-5 turns earlier.
A day later after reloading to see what happened the rage was gone,
the AI made a smart decision to pick a city with +150% production bonus (coal plant + IW).

3) It's really annoying when the raging barbarians simply give up as soon as the AI has metal units.

LOL, I don't know about your RB games, but in mine when the AI gets metal units, the babs just get even moe nasty. I'd be happy with the barbs occasionally giving up without me having to hunt them down and spanking them into oblivion.

1. when I lose TGLH and start in the part of the random map with about 100 islands.

2. wipping axemen and catas, destroying economy and when they arrive at front, macemen is welcoming them.

3. being stuck at metalcasting while a distant civ is first to discover liberalism

4. any of the barb horde events outside border earlygame.

Just ragequitted a game when I realized that all Copper and Iron deposits are on the *other* side of Korea+Roman culture areas.

I'm stuck on a peninsula without Copper or Iron or Marble.

Aaaand... another almost-ragequit.

Played as Monty, got good start on a peninsula... but access to the mainland of the Old World (I'm playing Terra map) is through the north edge (tundra land), and Toku is blocking my way. It doesn't have to be a ragequit, but somewhere along the way Toku thought that he best expand my way, and DoW-ed.

I won the war, but it was a Pyrrhic victory: I'm sooooo badly behind in tech.

Better start over.

Just ragequitted a game when I realized that all Copper and Iron deposits are on the *other* side of Korea+Roman culture areas.

I'm stuck on a peninsula without Copper or Iron or Marble.
Could you manipulate Diplo while beelining to Rifles? Draft rifles require no resource ;)

Playing an OCC to 250BC, only to discover that I can't build Oxford because I forgot to check OCC...

I'm not good at military matters (I get too interested in building up my cities rather than 'wasting time' on crappy soon-to-be-obsolete units), so I pretty much quit whenever my one stack gets obliterated, either by an attacker or by falling over dead at the command to attack an enemy city.

I'm not good at military matters (I get too interested in building up my cities rather than 'wasting time' on crappy soon-to-be-obsolete units), so I pretty much quit whenever my one stack gets obliterated, either by an attacker or by falling over dead at the command to attack an enemy city.

You could always do a custom game and turn off conquest & domination victories or check the option "Always peace" which disables any declaring war.

Losing critical, almost surely winning odds battles in the very early game. Yesterday I lost two 90% battles in the very early game to have my territory swarmed with barbarians, it's just too annoying to deal with.

You could always do a custom game and turn off conquest & domination victories or check the option "Always peace" which disables any declaring war.
Of course, the flip side is that Mansa Musa or Zara Yaqob will most likely steamroll you, tech-wise [emoji13]

Every time I have secured my own continent and am aiming for space victory only to have multiple Invasion forces landing on my shores without provocation. I once got declared war by all remaining 5 enemy civs and decided continuing wasn't worth it.

2400BC:

You have discovered Priesthood!
The Oracle has been built!

...but not by me.

Also: losing my initial Warrior to a Wolf or something on Marathon, just too boring to press enter twenty times without any action.

Also: Playing Deity Continents, I first think "great, so much land to settle with the AI far away". Tech Archery and pump Archers, but still get pillaged a lot by Barbarians who spawn in that land. Get set back enough that those far away AI can start settling MY land while I'm still dealing with the Barbarians.

Also: Playing Deity Continents, I first think "great, so much land to settle with the AI far away". Tech Archery and pump Archers, but still get pillaged a lot by Barbarians who spawn in that land. Get set back enough that those far away AI can start settling MY land while I'm still dealing with the Barbarians.

Could always try to go for a Great Wall (might have to spam-respawn for stone, or WB it in though :lol:)

Every time I play the Koreans.

Seriously, with the Financial trait, with a university UB, and with a catapult UU, they sound right up my alley. But for any number of reasons, I have never finished a game as the Koreans and now I just quit whenever they come up as my randomly-selected civ.

Every time I play the Koreans.

Seriously, with the Financial trait, with a university UB, and with a catapult UU, they sound right up my alley. But for any number of reasons, I have never finished a game as the Koreans and now I just quit whenever they come up as my randomly-selected civ.

Many times I have tried to play as the Koreans but always bored quit. On first appearance the Koreans seem great, but I quickly lose interest. I did complete one game with the Koreans years ago with a space win, but can never finish another.

Many times I have tried to play as the Koreans but always bored quit. On first appearance the Koreans seem great, but I quickly lose interest. I did complete one game with the Koreans years ago with a space win, but can never finish another.

That's one more game than me.

I literally ragequit before founding my first city. 'cuz that game is ending with me quitting one way or another, better not waste the time.

Top Bottom