Restrict Difficulty Level and Civilization Choice

whsgis

Chieftain
I am trying to restrict difficulty level and Civilization choice on a scenario I am using in a class. Essentially, I do not want to allow the students to change these two variables when they load the scenario. I played around with CIV4HandicapInfo file but it appears there is more to this than simply deleting the other options.

Can this be done and, if so, how?

Thanks,

Steve

You could make them load the starting save file and start playing from that. And don't tell them that they can get to worldbuilder with ctrl+w :mischief:.

As sinimusta mentioned, have them load a starting save file (and/or prepare a bunch of them).

Restricting difficulty choice is fairly simple (as you were on the right track on doing):

Copy-pasta all the values of 1 handicap level into all the others.

Spoiler :

<Description>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_SETTLER</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_HANDICAP_SETTLER_HELP</Help>

These 2 lines will dictate what the player sees in the ingame menus. The rest can just be homogenized to whatever you want.

:mischief: For funsies (perhaps for your more... uh, advanced students) :mischief::

Spoiler :

<iUnownedTilesPerGameAnimal>1</iUnownedTilesPerGameAnimal>
<iUnownedTilesPerBarbarianUnit>1</iUnownedTilesPerBarbarianUnit> <iUnownedWaterTilesPerBarbarianUnit>1</iUnownedWaterTilesPerBarbarianUnit>
<iUnownedTilesPerBarbarianCity>20</iUnownedTilesPerBarbarianCity> (just to give all of these a near-full BFC to play with)

:lol::lol::lol:

May or may not want to disable (or tweak) the Great Wall for more :devil:

Why don't you set a password on the save file.
Options screen -> Game details -> Admin password

That makes sense. Instead of loading the worldbuildersave, have them load a saved game?

That makes sense. Instead of loading the worldbuildersave, have them load a saved game?

Yes. Save the game on the first turn of the scenario before doing anything else and have them load that save.

Top Bottom