What does GOTY Edition include?

stebbinsd

Chieftain
A technical error has forced me to re-install this game. Unfortunately, for the life of me, I can't find all the install discs I need (even though I keep them in a tightly-cramped corner of my living room; there's only a handful of places they could possibly be).

Luckily for me, copies of this game go for cheap on Ebay.

Strangely enough, the cheapest copy I could find was actually a Game of the Year Edition!

What sort of goodies are included in the GOTY Edition? According to Wiki, the "Complete Edition" has all the DLCs, as well as Civ4: Colonization. But, I can't find ANYTHING on the GOTY Edition.

Looks like it's just Vanilla plus some bonus video. No expansions.(not DLCs btw) I assume it is just some special edition of the original game released prior to Warlords after it won several awards back in 2005/2006.

Buying used disks off ebay seems a bit worrisome. I'd recommend just waiting for sales on the major download sites. It goes on sale rather frequently. You don't have to worry about disks.

Looks like it's just Vanilla plus some bonus video. No expansions.(not DLCs btw) I assume it is just some special edition of the original game released prior to Warlords after it won several awards back in 2005/2006.

In the fourth photo of this listing, you can clearly see an instruction manual for BtS.

Yes, I tried googling it. Didn't turn up anything useful.

In a way, though, I'm sort of glad I'm not getting BtS. I prefer George Washington when he's both financial and organized. Makes him a good jack-of-all-trades leader. Good for maintaining massive empires, and financing & promoting large armies, or using Universal Suffrage to rush-produce either wonders or spaceship parts without worrying about unhappiness from slavery (and the large number of cities I'm able to support with my "organized" trait enables me to build many wonders at one time), and also for trading gold coins for diplomatic bonuses. He's good for whatever victory I decide I want.

I've read somewhere that BtS switches his traits around, which sucks.

See here; in BtS, Washington is Charismatic/Expansive. Darius I is the organized/financial leader.

PS: I'd still get BtS, even if they had changed Washington to aggressive/protective.

Top Bottom