News: TSG92 Announcement

Hammer Rabbi

Deity
GOTM Staff
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 92
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the Ninety second game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of features in Civilization 5 Brave New World to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It's better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.

Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.

Intentional use of the Science Overflow Bug is banned. Its use will result in your game being disqualified for results.

In this game, the designated VC is Domination. All VCs are enabled but players results will be published by fastest Domination victory turn.

In this game you will play as the Aztecs and lead the Aztec Empire to victory. It's a standard-sized map played at Prince difficulty and at standard pace. Domination is the designated VC for this game. You will have until September 15th to complete the game and submit.

Civ V BNW - TSG92 Game Settings:
Playable Civ: - Montezuma - Aztecs
Number of AI Opponents: 8
Number of City-States: 14
Map type: Lakes
Map Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: Prince
Game pace: Standard
Game options: You will start in the Ancient Era. No Ruins are enabled. Quick Combat is enabled. (You may turn it off using the game options menu at any time during gameplay.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 Brave New World version 1.0.3.144. Wonders of the Ancient World DLCare required for this game and the Gods and Kings expansion is required.

In this game, you will be playing as Montezuma, you possess Sacrificial Captives. You gain culture for the empire for each enemy unit killed.

You can train the Jaguar, a Unique Aztec melee unit. Only the Aztecs may build it. This fairly weak early-game Unit fights more effectively in Jungle and heals damage when it kills an enemy Unit, unlike the Warrior which it replaces.

You can also build the Floating Garden, a Unique Aztec building replacing the Water Mill. It provides +15% food. Each worked Lake tile provides +2 food.
City must be built next to a River or Lake.

This is where you will start:

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Opening Actions thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.

After Actions thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature) Please note, you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play, the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system.

This game runs for a month and ends Monday, 15 September 2014.

The save will be available for download on 15 August 2014, midnight Central Daylight time (UTC -6:00) in the US.
The Save can be found here.

My apologies for not having this up 2 days ago. The 12th/15th of the month doesnt always fall on convenient days for work schedules. I hope you still have some time to test these settings.

Thanks
HR

Hurray, a game at a difficulty level I've actually won and felt comfortable on before!

Given the resources and the unique building of the Aztecs, I don't really see any reason to move the settler around, so I think settling in place is probably ideal. And hopefully I can use the things I've learned from my mistakes the last two games to make give myself a much better showing here.

To be honest, I would love to settle on that grass hill by the lake, but how can I know there isnt a nasty barbarian lurking just out of sight?

Barbs won't attack settlers on turn 0 or 1 only on the turns after that. It's why in competitive multiplayer they say moving 2 or more turns is very risky.

No visible food sources or second lux. If that is a mountain to the north west moving to the hill and researching the wheel will provide a quick bump on population. Does mean potentially sacrificing religion, as you won't get to a shrine till quite late

To be honest, I would love to settle on that grass hill by the lake, but how can I know there isnt a nasty barbarian lurking just out of sight?
Exactly what I was thinking.

Barbs won't attack settlers on turn 0 or 1 only on the turns after that.

Really? If this is so, then I guess one can learn something new every day.

Hmm.. To hell with testing.. Lets see, for early domination we will have 2 limiting factors, money and happiness. Tradition probably will be again fastest choice but I do not want to do it.
settling it look like 2 possibilities on hill or on cotton next to stone.. same initial production/money.

Lets plunge into it!

If that is a mountain to the north west moving to the hill and researching the wheel will provide a quick bump on population. Does mean potentially sacrificing religion, as you won't get to a shrine till quite late
Why??

It's prince, and that's tundra up there; religion should be very easy.

It's also domination on lakes; an observatory sounds like overkill.

While it's true that there is tundra up there those non hill tundra aren't worth using. So you won't have much fpt which means if there are any of the faith civs they will get theirs up and running, while you will likely have to burn 15 to 20 faith to get a pantheon. I'm not sure the observatory is worth the cost, that's why I'm likely to settle on the hill to the west. I guess I can always do a replay afterwards to test my assumptions.

First time in forum, first attempt at a Gotm! Not really certain on how to submit ect.. but looking forward to it. -J-Rilla

First time in forum, first attempt at a Gotm! Not really certain on how to submit ect.. but looking forward to it. -J-Rilla

Welcome to CFC and GotM! There are FAQs and typical help sections in this forum to acquaint you with the website. There are ways to upload pics and saves to the website already (found in the FAQs, etc.) but GotM and HoF (Hall of Fame) require specific areas to submit to.

Submitting to the GotM system is simple. In the Announcement, near the bottom there is a link to the submission website. Submitting requires you to find the victory save (saved immediately after the victory with the 'just ... one ... more turn' option) and load it in the appropriate tab. It will check the save for any irregularities that might lead to an exclusion according to our rules. It also tallies wins by score and turn when we publish the results at the end of the month long period to submit.

Here is the submission link to save you some time if you havent figured it out yet.

One more reminder: GotM is based around the idea that everything is done on one playthrough, no reloads or replaying to correct mistakes. Multiple sessions are allowed but no replaying of turns. This is why we suggest you set your Autosaves to every turn. If a crash happens, just load the most recent turn and replay it as similarly as you can remember. The submission tool can detect these efforts and can result in an exclusion from the results if found to be abusive.

Thanks for joining us and have fun playing!

HR

Top Bottom