Civ 5: One City Challenge

One City Only
Difficulty: King,
Speed: Quick
Size: Standard
Map Type: Archipelago
Race: Siamese Empire

http://i.imgur.com/btTXC.png

That looks like a pretty mediocre spot regarding resources, but I can see alot of military strategy involved. I'll try it when I'm done this game.

I have been playing this and it has been a really fun game! It don't look like I am going to win it, I am going for a cultural vic and its nearly 2000AD and I still have about one and a half more policies. I recommend others to try this for a really fun game. :goodjob:

That looks like a pretty mediocre spot regarding resources, but I can see alot of military strategy involved. I'll try it when I'm done this game.

No way! Whales, wheat, and fish are some of the best workable tiles. With the buildings to make them better, sea resource tiles are absolutely fantastic. And wheat is the only resource you can build farms on (which are way better than crap like plantations or pastures).

No desert, now, or tundra tiles either. Nice choke points and forest locations for defense as well, as you mentioned. If that thing had a river and maybe one more good resource, I'd call it the ideal start location.

Your right, I seen those whales and fish and grabbed them asap. I just traded my access for other res I never had. The key is to get in contact with another civ asap and trade the res.

I have been playing this and it has been a really fun game! It don't look like I am going to win it, I am going for a cultural vic and its nearly 2000AD and I still have about one and a half more policies. I recommend others to try this for a really fun game. :goodjob:
How I won:
Spoiler :
I used 4 Great Artists to permanently generate 4 CPT on some of the tiles, I went for a fifth one but the game bugged out and it consumed the Great Artist but didn't give the tile improvement. I also chopped all the trees to get some of the early cultural wonders like the stonehenge (+8 CPT) I also used many of my great people for golden ages so I could beat the AI to certain wonders and keep my gold up. Also, Great Engineers cannot hurry the Utopia project so I used them to make tile improvements for +5 Hammers Per Turn and I also hurried a few wonders

Finally just finished with 2 turns to spare and Arabia and Bismark both knocking on my door

Was bored so i gave this old thread game ago, Won by culture in 1868 A.D, No wars, no land units. Won by culture, also 2 turns away from Diplo victory. Sucky to see Archipeaglo is still extreme easy mode, so is king really. Infact all OCC games are ez mode below immortal.

Absolutely Winnable.

Just a few Key early elements and you're golden...

1. Stonehenge
2. Lighthouse (Normal, not Great)
3. Colossus

You'll need your city to acquire all the water tiles eventually (and the good ones asap). With the food and gold generated from lighthouse/colossus your water tiles become nice +2 +2 tiles, which although not great, are a lot better than +1 +1! Your fish and whales will be huge. Just need to make sure to defend against barb boats blockading you. The wheat is nice for more food, so you'll just need to improve your other tiles for production or pop great people down. You haven't explored left, there may be other tiles there, and you may pop some horses or late game resources too (which I would think you would).

Moved warrior east, found fish, moved settler one hex east; Won a cultural @ turn 230.

The game wasn't set to OOC. I tried to destroy Tianjin to force China into peace but I capped it instead. Later I realised I could build settlers from turn 1.

I had a def. pact with Hiawatha. Around turn 170 Askia declared on Hiawatha, 10 turns later China declared on me. By turn 200 I was in war with everyone but Hiawatha. Around turn 210 a world war erupted; China declared on India, England on Ottomans, And Alex on Hiawatha.

Wonder that cannot be seen are Hermitage and two more (forgot which).

I was unlucky with neighbours, Gandhi hated me from turn he met me, China wasn't friendly either.

Finally just finished with 2 turns to spare and Arabia and Bismark both knocking on my door
Wrong thread? :)

Attachments

• ooc1.jpg
    ooc1.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 2,246
  • ooc2.jpg
    ooc2.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 1,736
i took this easy since it was king, didn't sign a single RA. the lack of slingshots slowed me down, but on the plus side i had enough gold to ally with every nonmilitaristic CS.

i went a little wonder crazy... i got about 20 of them, but i missed the oracle =(

Attachments

• wondercrazy.jpg
    wondercrazy.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 1,999
yeah it wasn't set to OCC but its easy enough to treat it like one. Every single water map OCC i play i somehow manage to not go war the entire game, its starting to wear thin i like OCC for the actual challenge but there simply isn't one if its so easy to not war. I normally play Pangaea with warmongers for the added challenge. Also as bibor said 1 square to your east is best spot.

Top Bottom