LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

Memoirs of A King

I have oft been asked wether I resent paying tribute to the Lengels. Its not so much a question of wether I resent it or not, but how much I'm willing to pay to have Powerfull friends.

EDIT: just so you guys know, I'm kinda disapointed in the CRA, even if it was just waiting to fall apart at the seams. Anyway, Contempt has given me his word, and I'm paying him, what can I say? Good allies are hard to find.

*drowns in an intense struggle to swim through the huge pool of spam*

Several things:

Emor betrayed Veritas, in my eyes, only to get good with the bladeists. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. Rather than accepting our help and actually putting up a fight, he just- like so many others- bent on over. I only took par (the smallest at that) in the attack on Emor for a little revenge. ;].

Swiss wth are you smoking? The only reason you didn't order the raze of Veritas was because you knew it would come back to bite you. You've killed thousands of other Oneists, why else would you "spare" it? Don't try to bs it now. Remember, at the time, the war could have still dragged out for a while longer.

Second: Religious wars all around! Yay!

Four pages of debate on the various betrayals of Veritas and Emor isn't spam, it's...on topic spam. :mischief:

But without it, would we have been able to reach page 21 of the new thread without an update? I don't think so.

As for my opinion, I belive Emorian betrayal of Veritas was less of a betrayal, and more of an eventuality. After siding with the bladists, the only real way Emor could expand was through Veritas.

The New Veritasian alliance to that ruined Emor without taking it, however, that was more unnecessary, from a tactical standpoint. We Valin states could have used our resouces in other persuits. But as Thlayli said, the former Veritasians wanted closure.

(And for me, at least, the sack of the Emorian capital was a complete sucess. Norvalin lost nothing, was not in a position to gain Emorian terrirtory anyway, and gained a bonus eco point.)

hmm, Emorian standpoint of the attack on Vertis:
the end to a Pointless war, which would serve no purpose other then to spil more blood. and shock and sadness that they read the situation wrong. (they relized soon after the amuris was wrong, and they should have just held the assimblum hostage instead. main reason they changed goverments, and part of the reason the path of god was developed.)

Recent Attack: Final Justice. the One/God has chosen for their nation to end. for now at least. Vertis has advenged the wrong they afflicted so long ago, and an opertunity has come to deal with the Darker side of the Bladest. though it may bring ruin upon the Lighter side of the Bladest, it is a small price to pay.

Veiw on Lengals. the respect their acomplishments, and see in them what they once dreamed to be. though their goals are now difrent. still, they are the best choice to to manage their nation while they presue these goals.

With respect to Emor, New Veritas would accept any non-heretical refugees that flee, and would be happy to grant them land as colonists.

EDIT: Oh, and regarding the post-Iron Age discussion, it's really dependent on Iggy, and us, to determine what it could be. Based on what our actions are, and the pace of technology, the next age could be Imperial, Classical, Dark, or something else entirely.

Dude, just spent 3 1/2 hours sending orders DURING A SLEEPOVER. If thats not dedication ,i don't know what is.

I find surprising the complete lack of humility from the players whose people had to flee across the ocean. I would assume you at least would try to be humble... :confused:

You know swiss, you're pretty much doomed. :( In fact, I think I'm doomed too... :cry: This turn that is.

Btw, anybody else annoyed by all these ridicilous, utterly unrealistic exoduses? I mean, the Valin one was terrible, but when all those other imitators joined it, the unthinkable happened - it got even worse!

You have noticed that the Valin League nations would be severely weakened in the case of a massive tsunami throughout the Exodian Sea no?
Last earthquake, 912. Look at the current year.

Oh, and regarding the post-Iron Age discussion, it's really dependent on Iggy, and us, to determine what it could be. Based on what our actions are, and the pace of technology, the next age could be Imperial, Classical, Dark, or something else entirely.
It will be Imperial. Classical is just late Iron Age in my view of things, and Dark... there's no reason to come up with the name 'Dark Age' if there's nothing particularly bad going on.

Btw, anybody else annoyed by all these ridicilous, utterly unrealistic exoduses? I mean, the Valin one was terrible, but when all those other imitators joined it, the unthinkable happened - it got even worse!
I was wondering when someone would bring that up...

Veritas was somewhat acceptable, Davar... less so, and the few Malkavians who fled were like the pilgrims who traveled to America, a relatively small group. Plus the Citadel helped them.

And I'm back now, though the updating will be difficult.

Oh, and punch JD for me please. Not that it's his fault, but I need somewhere to vent my anger. :p

How about you throw a dice every time someone wants an exodus? They only get to found a new nation for more than a few days (if at all) if they get a six, because the amount of things that could go wrong with exoduses is overwhelming and the odds of them being even slightly succesful very small indeed.

Yeah, I'm just not very good at intentionally upsetting people, as you probably have figured out by now. I'll have to crush that part of my personality.

BTW, could people, when sending amendments, just resend their orders with amendments in the same PM? It makes difficult updating easier.

Lord_Iggy said:
Veritas was somewhat acceptable, Davar... less so, and the few Malkavians who fled were like the pilgrims who traveled to America, a relatively small group. Plus the Citadel helped them.

I was kinda annoyed you made me flee, I wanted to stick it out

Well, the Veritasan exodus was fairly well planned, and the people of Veritas have had a strong naval tradition, and also had a large navy and large civilian/merchant/fishing fleet. Not to mention, I never imagined the northern group getting as far as Norvalin...Orum was a more likely location.

No comment on other exoduses. (exodusi?) ;)

Things got unrealistic at the very point someone actually PROPOSED an exodus and so many people actually went along. Any real historical analogues there?

Top Bottom