Civ 4 on a new Mac Mini or Macbook Air

Culture Bomb

Warlord
Anyone have any experience of running Civ 4 BTS on the current model of Mac Mini or MBA, with the Intel HD 4000 or HD 5000 integrated graphics chips?

I'm currently able to run it (slowly) on my old white Macbook with the Intel GMA 950 graphics, so in theory a newer chip ought to be an improvement, but I'm concerned about compatibility issues with such an old game.

I'd think about running the Windows version in Wine if that's possible without too much hassle; I don't mind buying the Windows version of Civ, but I'd rather not buy and install Windows itself.

Thanks for any advice...

Running it on an A1347 with the HD Graphics 4000 chip, but with Windows. (I bought the Mini to use as a Windows PC, actually.) Runs great.

I'd think about running the Windows version in Wine if that's possible without too much hassle; I don't mind buying the Windows version of Civ, but I'd rather not buy and install Windows itself.

Thanks for any advice...

Check out zOwb13's thread on installing Windows Civ4/BtS using Wineskin.

Runs ok on MacBook Air w 1GB Intel HD5000 video. Anti-aliasing must be set to 0, has some glitches with flag textures for certain civs.

Top Bottom