Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Looks like i found a work around on the save issue. I have not been able to play any saved game once i quit civ 5. I was always having to start a new game. Today i loaded the mod, didnt try to load a saved game. then once the mod was up and i was at 4000 bc, i went and loaded a saved game from yesterday. It worked and loaded my old saved game. Hope that helps.

Good to know thanks DJGspinNhitz. Did you try the link I send to you per PM ?

Rockinroger thanks for the advice.

UPDATE : Industrial Modpack Version 8

Bug correction in the file UnitUpdates.xml
Updated the TechSatellitesRevealCities mod from Whoward to version 9

New feature : Ammunition Mod :
New Building : Ammunition Factory (requires 1 Iron and 1 Coal, provides 15 Ammunition. Prereq tech : Gunpowder)
New Resource : Ammunition (Prereq tech : Gunpowder, required by all units using "gunpowder" weapons (except tanks, planes and ships)

You can disable this mod part if you delete the file Ammunition.xml in XML/Resources

Buildings :
** New Building : Air Academy : National Wonder, grants 25 xp to Air Units.
The Naval Academy and Military Academy become National Wonder (= only 1 allowed per player).
** New Building : Winery, Adds 1 Happiness and increases Gold, requires The resource Wine.
** New Building : Smokehouse : +1 Food and Gold, +1 Food and Gold for each Deer, Horse, Sheep, Cow Fish or Whale resource.

Units :
New Unit : Ironclad Frigate. Civ4 Skin converted by Wolfdog.
New Unit : Ironclad Ship of the Line. Civ4 Skin converted by Wolfdog.
New Unit : Early Navy Jet Bomber. Civ4 Skin converted by Wolfdog.

No Maintenance for Hunters, Warriors, Archers and Settlers
Units scale back to vanilla settings when the custom scale made them smaller.
Resources requirements for Flying bombs and Kamikazes
Early Jets can land on Carriers
Bazooka moved to "Rocketry" with a lesser strengh.

Unit Skins :
Netherland warrior from Patum333 as Hunter
Strelsty skin from Wolfdog as Russian and Polish Musketmen.
Artillery use the russian 76mm gun skin
Airborne Howitzer use the moderner Artillery skin
Chimu Atlatlist from Hangman as skin for the Aztec, Inca and Maya hunters
The early Partisans uses Nutty's Skirmisher reskin and icon.

Technologies :
Changes and corrections in the Tech tree.
Now includes "Smarter TechTree Pipes" de Morlark for a cleaner Tech Tree.

To come in a few days : version 9 of the Complete Edition.

Hey Hulfgar,

Just so you know, I played a complete game of 8.3 with no bugs, glitches, or anything else (besides the tech tree scrolling) over the last few days. Don't get discouraged, man, your mod works. Looking forward to version 9!

PS- it would be helpful for those of us with the Tech tree bug if you could post a picture(s) of the tree to use for reference. Not pressing, just something that might be a temporary fix. Thanks!

Hulfgar
I found a add on for 2 units per tile and for airbase (Like the old airport consumes worker). Did not seem to effect your mod at all maybe something that can be added.
GQ

So the save bug and freezing issue seems to be solved?
Got disencouraged by the several times I had to quit the game after a few turns because of a freeze.
I'll wait till version 9 and some feedback about the save bug, to give the mod, or rather civ 5, a new try because civ 5 = Hulfgar ��

Huzzah! It is working again, first time for me for a long time. The scroll on the tech tree has been fixed as well:)
Thanks so much for all your work, Hulfgar, it is much appreciated. Now all I need to do is work out the instructions for getting Civ IV diplomacy working and hoping the city state diplomacy mod works with it and I'll be a happy person.

Hello Eddiet, you're playing the Industrial Edition?

Now all I need to do is work out the instructions for getting Civ IV diplomacy working and hoping the city state diplomacy mod works with it and I'll be a happy person.

If you need help on this just ask :)

Another topic :

After the release of ver 9 for the Complete Edition I plan to work on a stone age to medieval mod, I'd like to know if some of you want to be beta tester before a public release?

Hello Eddiet, you're playing the Industrial Edition?

Hi, yes, just been hit by the save game bug :( That's after adding Civ IV diplomacy & city state diplomacy, always wondered if the save game bug was related to other mods.

This is bad news Eddiet, so far the Industrial Modpack was savegame bug free as far as I know :(

always wondered if the save game bug was related to other mods.
it is a possibility.

Try to delete the file SaveUtils.lua from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW ver8\Lua

Maybe this file is conflicting with another (but it's just an idea).
Delete all corrupted savegame and restart the computer before trying a previous save or starting a new game.

Read one of your posts where you mentioned you were frustrated and ready to give up modding Hulfgar....

DON'T DO IT!

We love the mod and the fact we haven't given up on it getting fixed is a testament to that. Do what ever you have to do but don't let this mod die.... it is hands down one of the best mods in the game even with the occasional glitch. If you have to ask other modders to look at it get some fresh eyes maybe they have a trick you don't, but don't abandon your fans... because at the risk of sounding like a geek.... we aren't going to abandon you... we want this mod!

Vyv

Hi Hulfagar, played for a day with only one save game bug, followed your instructions for cleaning up and not one since so that's excellent news.
On integrating CivIV diplomatic features, I came across these instructions from you;
1- Delete the file TopPanel.lua in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW (v 6)\Merged Mods\AttilaResourcesTooltip
2- Rename PutmalkTopPanel.lua in TopPanel.lua
3- Rename TopPanel.lua from Putmalk's mod's folder in TopPanel.back to deactivate it.

I'm a bit confused on this.
Step 1, that's done.
Step 2, which TopPanel.lua am I to edit? Not the one I've just deleted but which one.
Step 3, I'm not sure about this at all, can't find Toppanel.back at all.

Many thanks for your time, I totally agree with what vyvianarygos says above.
All the best.

Hey, I'm new to the mod and I can't seem to start a game. The game loads and I click on Begin your Journey and the game freezes.

I'm running:

Mac OSX 10.9.2 with Brave New World
Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW version 8

I've attached my civ 5 logs and the crash report as well.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    117.6 KB · Views: 45
Hello Ebcott,

you're running the mod alone?

Can you tell me which Civs you have selected? as player and for the AI.
Which game config (map,...)

and can you enable the validation of the game database :

You can enable it by setting 'ValidateGameDatabase = 1' in config.ini

when it's done send me please a new xml.log file with some luck there will be more infos in it.

Hello Eddiet,

there is 2 versions of the TopPanel.lua in \Merged Mods\AttilaResourcesTooltip : PutmalkTopPanel.lua and TopPanel.lua

if you play with Putmalk's CivIV Diplo mod his TopPanel.lua file will conflict with mine.

So I've merged both files in PutmalkTopPanel which is not loaded per default.

To use it you need to :

1- Delete the file TopPanel.lua in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW \Merged Mods\AttilaResourcesTooltip
(you did it)

2- Rename PutmalkTopPanel.lua in TopPanel.lua
(you did it as well)

3- Find the file TopPanel.lua from Putmalk's mod's folder and rename it in TopPanel.back (or TopPanel.anything) to deactivate it (or move it in another subfolder, just don't delete it you will need it if you play Putmalk's Mod with another mod).

If you need more help just come back here :)

To all :

I was quite disheartened when version 9 went suddenly bugged but I've found out why (for some reason that I don't know yet to move the Apollo Programm to Spaceflight instead of Rocketry crash the game).

Know that this is solved I'm working again with fun on the mod.
I don't plan to give it up, you have invested as much time in playing and testing it as I have in modding so I own you to keep the mod alive.

Thanks for the support.

Can't wait to find the time to play the new version.

Is the industrial only version still save game bug free?

Can't wait to play.

Vyv

ok,

civ IV diplomacy mod and city state diplomacy don't work with this version of the mod and I started another game yesterday with the additional modes:
Cultural capital
colored religions
5 unit per tile
perfect world

huge map, 20 civs, 20 city states, standard speed, stone age

It started smoothly. No save bugs for approximately 3 to 4 hours.
Today I loaded the game and continued to play for about an hour (just before medieval era).Then I saved the game and the bug No2 happened. It never finished saving...and a savegame of 4GB (when I force-stopped it) replaced the original.

Yes, after following instructions, Civ IV diplomacy & City States diplomacy not working for me either.

Darkology and eddiet thanks for the reports, I will see if i can restore the compatibility between the mods.

Top Bottom