The Awesome Starts Collection

Used Buffy and still cant play....it just crashes. Do I need to change the language default too?

Your game crashing is definately related to your CIV Installation, and definately not related towards the save I posted. In order to control, I just downloaded it myself to check whether it's corrupted, but the savegame worked.

I don't think that language has anything to do with it, most common case is that you're using the wrong CivGameCore.dll file. BULL (and I think maybe even BUG) "inject" that file, so they basically "corrupt it in order to provide cheat-information" (like hidden diplomatic bonuses for example) .

BUFFY and HoF don't allow this, so you have to verify that all game files are in their original, unchanged versions.

Hth.

@shulec: did you SIP? I would have settled 1E I think

(btw it's not only 8 gems, but 7 of them are riverside!)

I did settle in place. Ultimately, I got declared upon by an AI on a separate landmass that took my only strategic resource. Here are a few saves.

In the first one, I am send a weak-azz stack in case Liz settles the horses before me.

Attachments

• Shulec BC-1800.CivBeyondSwordSave
    267.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Shulec_1080-BC_Jan-25-2014_23-21-02.CivBeyondSwordSave
    319.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Shulec_775-BC_Jan-25-2014_23-46-18.CivBeyondSwordSave
    353.9 KB · Views: 33
I don't think that language has anything to do with it, most common case is that you're using the wrong CivGameCore.dll file. BULL (and I think maybe even BUG) "inject" that file, so they basically "corrupt it in order to provide cheat-information" (like hidden diplomatic bonuses for example) .

This is it. I get much better results from BUG and didn't save my original dll to a back up......and I'm too lazy too reinstall entire game lol. Anyone happen to have original civgamecore.dll they can upload?

Would be nice.

That start from Shulec :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::bowdown::bowdown:

And then you get the start from Seraiel again. Marble hill, 2 gold, wet corn and lots of floodplains. I have started about 50 games or so last months and the best I got was something like 2 food, 4 calendar resources and a strategic resource. I envy you guys :)

50 games?

The map I posted that has the Marble on which one can settle while still having 2 Golds and Floodplains was 1:5000 maps that I created for the current Gauntlet. I think it was actually even more like 1:10000 or maybe even 1:15000.

Shulecs start anyhow is one of a kind, I'm sure that he'll not see something like that again, or if he wants, he must divert an indipendent PC towards creating maps and wait a year at least.

Seraiel, how long does it take you to create a map? 5000 maps times 5 secs = an enormous amount of time!!!!

Some crazy good maps there, holy Hell! :wow:

(This is probably not possible, but...) Is it possible to play these maps without BUFFY?

15,000 maps? Yikes and a half! I ran my laptop for maybe 3-4 hours and generated 1000 maps, and that 4-gold start was perhaps the best of them. 15,000 maps must take an absolute age - though it should be said my computers aren't exactly NASA material.

That last map by Seraiel was a small map, which is faster to generate. I get about 25 starts/minute running mapfinder on a small pangaea. That's 1500 maps/hour so 5000 maps wouldn't take that long.

But yeah, some crazy starts there!

Note that larger maps like Huge and Large will have a higher percentage of starts with a large number of resources like shulec's recently posted start with corn and eights gems. Of course, larger maps take mapfinder longer to generate. Plus they take longer to play.

Sun Tzu Wu

That last map by Seraiel was a small map, which is faster to generate. I get about 25 starts/minute running mapfinder on a small pangaea. That's 1500 maps/hour so 5000 maps wouldn't take that long.

Still, I wonder why his computer hasn't crashed since then. I used to do this (perhaps much less since I was doing that occasionally in the past) and my computer now needs crutches. I'm sure it made my computer "broken" because how simultaneous it is in performance drop and abuse of mapfinder.

Tachywaxon underlied the same assumption already.

I cannot give an answer of which I can proof that it's completely true, but I think it might be a combination of both, me really having a PC from SNASA (Alienware M17rx4 high end gaming Laptop) but also having great experience with computers in general, and using several tools in order to keep the computer clean, like i. e. CCCleaner.

If you ask for my beliefs though, I think that both you, and Tachywaxon are wrong about this point, or it's some issue that yours and Tachywaxon's computer have in common, but mine doesn't, like i. e. me running Windows 7, the mentioned program or my PC simply also being so overpowered, that a loss of performance simply isn't noticeable.
What I i. e. heard once was, that Intel's i7 processor for example is so strong, that it's just totally overpowered for all sort of games, and only shows it's true performance when i. e. rendering videos, and I myself havn't run any benchmarks when doing that.
Maybe simply having 16 GB of RAM and running everything from an SSD also really helps.

This one doesn't seem that good, but there's an invisible resource. Got Domination victory in 1508 AD.

Spoiler :
Research Animal Husbandry. Something in the fat cross.

Attachments

• War Chariots BC-4000.Civ4SavedGame
    31.8 KB · Views: 56
Map sharing is a violation of the HoF rules, btw...
Depends what you mean by that - all HoF entries have the start file attached so once it is submitted you can share it and others can play it, of course they can't then submit it the HoF.

Ah ! Maybe I hold a beauty, there :
Spoiler :

I haven't made a move, yet. I'll play 20 turns or so to taste the candy.
I'll share if I fall prey to its charm :goodjob:

hand rolled spliff... ehm.... start

double gold, coast, flood plains, enough food. Haven't played yet, probably rest of the land is crappy and warmongers are close by:

Attachments

• Strickler Deity Initial 01.CivBeyondSwordSave
    36.2 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom