Whats the most funniest thing that happened in Civ3?

Alpha Killer II

My avatar is a insigna...
For me I was playing as Russia and Germany, Japan, and Rome declared war on me (lol axis? :lol: ) so I got England, USA, and France to declare war back... (isnt it convient that I have all the WWII civs in this game?... <Suspicious>....

Usually, near the middle or end of middle ages, or soemtimes even early industrial, the most powerful nation(s) declare war on me, (Theatening "Go boil your head mister." or whatever) and i make ALL the other countries of the world to declare war on them, and totally crush them.

So anyway, one time, the guy smashed all the other civs, while i was sitting on my big island continent, and i was like oh crap... :eek: :lol:

I think it's pretty funny that in my current game, the Iroquois are the most powerful nation.

As for the funniest thing ever, I'd have to refer you to the thread on this page called "Give Me Muffins."

I was securing the continent I started on for my own use, and only needed to take out the Romans for all of the land to be mine. I was playing as Carthage. After the initial stages of the war, Rome was the only real Roman city left. It had a little over twenty units it in -- a mix of defensive and offensive. I didn't have enough troops for a sure victory, but I decided to order my troops to take a moutain outside Rome, to wait to be reinforced.

To take the moutain, my troops had to abandon a chokepoint (leading to my territory). When they took the moutain (in one move; it was adjacent to chokepoint), Rome decided to send most of her troops out to invade my territory. Both offensive and defensive troops left the city, and so many left that taking it was easy. :D

I had a city with uranium underneath and the AI nuked it 20+ times... Practically all my armed forces were located in the city I had just taken from them. they had a unit outside, so they saw my massive army enter.

JFJ said:
I had a city with uranium underneath and the AI nuked it 20+ times... Practically all my armed forces were located in the city I had just taken from them. they had a unit outside, so they saw my massive army enter.

Wait, what?

JFJ said:
This reminds me of a Cold war scenario I played once... I was USSR and I caused war with soo much people (and dont forget that I nuked em!:lol: ) that America tried to attack me with nukes... And they sent about 100 nukes at 1 city I have with a nuke in it... I for some reason had a IDS and bout 4 nukes got through... (That was the funniest 1 hour I had ever seen!)... and that is about it...

Me (Iroquois) and Egypt were the only two remaining civs, and were locked in a cold war style atmosphere. We each possessed fairly large stockpiles of ICBMs. I controlled my entire continent, as well as a fairly large portion of their's. Eventually, I felt I had enough ICBMs to easily wipe out their land forces and cripple their cities. I scattered my large stack of Modern Armour all around the continent in quite a few smaller stacks to try and minimize damage to them once the nukes started flying. So I launched off all of my ICBMs, which was probably 30+, and completely crippled all of their cities, making each one essentially useless. I then moved my Modern Armours out and attacked the (now) defenseless Egyptian cities, and captured a fair amount of them. I ended my turn, and waited for the Egyptian counterstrike.

They started off by hitting my capital, a somewhat major city, and two random cities on my home continent, and then, the strangest thing happened. Egypt launched around 20 ICBMs at a small size 4 tundra city that I had captured from the Americans on Egypts continent. I watched and laughed as Egypt wasted their entire nuclear arsenal repeatedly bombarding a useless target. My massive army of Modern Armour continued to roll across the devastated Egyptian countryside, and a few turns later, I won a domination victory, all thanks to such massive AI incompetence.

That tundra city probably had a resource of aluminum, the AI's always nuke the cities with the late era resources, especially the ones that allow the building of nukes.

I probably still have that save lying around. I don't remember if there was any aluminum under the city, but I could check when I get home.

Alpha Killer II said:
For me I was playing as Russia and Germany, Japan, and Rome declared war on me (lol axis? :lol: ) so I got England, USA, and France to declare war back... (isnt it convient that I have all the WWII civs in this game?... <Suspicious>....
You forgot China and The Netherlands. ;)
What about WWI? English/Russians/French/Dutch/Americans/Romans vs. Germans/Ottomans? Too bad the Austro-Hungarian Empire isn't here... :( As for funniest thing, that would probably be from the SG I'm playing, Schizophrenic Shaka, where every civ is Zulu. One of the Zulus want to trade with me and, IIRC, said this:
"Learned Zululand feels sorry for the ignorant Zulu, and wishes to expand your tiny minds." Or something like that. I posted a screenie in the thread.

Not sure if this is funny but I was going for a nice domination victory. One CIV left, think it was Carthage, and I was just taking city by city without much strategy involved.

In terms of power, I had more than enough armies and units (modern armour and mech enf.) to be able to advance each turn taking at least one city while garrisoning the rest against what would usually be about a 10-15 modern armour counter attack.

That continent was huge, and nearly all of it railroaded, and obviously all mine with not one city garrisoned other than the front lines. And because it was all occupied territory, cities were for the most part spaced out CxxxxC and the influence didn't cover all terrain.

Then, on one of my turns I took this city which had a ton of cultural influence, and which opened up a gap in my controlled front line territory.

Next turn, instead of the 10-15 or so modern armour counter attacking on a city, they all bypassed everything and through uncontrolled terriory on railroads managed to get to and take about 10+ cities back from me right behind the front lines.

It was incredible, they were able to sneak through and almost each unit went to a different city taking it over. Nearly their entire initial territory before the war was won back in one turn. :D

I guess that teaches you to leave at least 1 defender in cities near the front line, so the AI can't use uncontrolled RRs to sneak attack you? :p BTW, did you have any nukes, and if so, did you launch them at those cities for that? I probably would have in anger. :mischief: :mad:

There were whole armies in cities near the front lines. :) They snuck through uncontrolled territory bettwen those cities to other places deep behind those. What I should have done is paid attention and bombarded/pillaged the RRs so that couldn't have happened.

I had nukes but I don't like using them. I find them messy and once used the AI will retaliate. :D I hate seeing all that orange puke everywhere.

It wasn't hard taking back all those lost cities so I wasn't that upset. Was planning on razing their capitol once I got it, but the game ended before that. I reached the 60% or whatever it is victory criterias before I got to it.

I mean on any city the AI can reach. and if you have enough nukes to nuke all of the Carthaginians' cities, you would probably destroy any nukes they had, and the goop doesn't affect you if it's in enemy territory. :p

I've got quite the interesting situation going on right now. I started out fielding 18 armies, 60 grand cannons, 20+ Imperial Calvary, 50+ Imperial guards, and 60-70 Ships of the Line in the Napoleonic campaign against the Ottoman Empire.

I garnered a right of passage from the Ottomans and set up my troops inside their borders (on strategic paths, resources, etc.) and my armies and artillery next to their cities. This is one turn into the war.

Then the funniest **** on Earth happened. The Ottomans suddenly pulled 30-40 units out of Russia and started attacking me. I don't know how or why. The funny thing happened in the Ottoman Empire itself. The Ottoman forces COMPLETELY missed the cities I had just taken over and started heading towards everything behind it. I hate the fact the AI won't fight Armies. The Ottomans pull 40-50 units out and don't attack me. They just head for my cities in the rear.

I can't blame them. :p

I for one would rather face the weaker cities than an entire army when I am so brutally outgunned. And if I were going to lose anyways I would try my best to be a pest. :p

I usually don't pay much attention to the AI's babble in the diplo screen, but being called a "Treacherous, scheming worm" by Isabella of Spain was amusing.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
I can't blame them. :p

I for one would rather face the weaker cities than an entire army when I am so brutally outgunned. And if I were going to lose anyways I would try my best to be a pest. :p
XD The AI just likes to piss me off.

Top Bottom