Mac compatible version?

Puddleduck

Chieftain
This mod looks fantastic ... don't suppose there's any hope for a Mac compatible version?

I'm guessing not, but a kid can hope ...

This mod looks fantastic ... don't suppose there's any hope for a Mac compatible version?

I'm guessing not, but a kid can hope ...

Unfortunatly not. As I understand mac's cannot run mods with a modified DLL. We have added so many new features that the DLL is required, sorry.

Bummer, but not unexpected.

Usually I have both, but the death of my PC combined with the looming sillyness that is Vista has convinced me that I only need a mac.

If I thought my macbook could handle running XP and Civ at the same time I could do that .... but it won't so maybe I need a PC after all ...

Switch! Just keep your PC around for games. That was my intention until the thing decided it would rather be slag.

I cant afford to have two electronic children. Both of whom I'd want to see grow up healthier and stronger every year or so.
-Qes

Can't you run the windows version of Civ4 with bootcamp?

In theroy: yes. But I have a MacBook which I'm not optimistic will have the muscle to emulate windows and run CIV at the same time.

I may give it a try sometime, but currently I have none of: bootcamp, a windows OS or Civ V for windows. So it becomes an expensive proposition.

On second thought, does Civ run on windows 98?

Not especially well IIRC. There'll be a note about it somewhere in the tech forum. The lack of cross-platform design in games is incredibly irritating. Try gaming on a Linux box some time. It's not like there's THAT much difference between getting something to work on Linux and OSX if you're doing one anyway...

Well, then just buy a new Mac that can handle it instead of a PC ;)
Same to woodelf.

I must admit that I'm not a Mac user myself - my system runs Linux and (for games) Win XP.

Top Bottom