Why are they always annoyed with me?

texico11

Chieftain
Almost all the time, when a meet a new civ, they are default annoyed with me. Is it something I said? or did?

And there opinions seem to switch randomly around. It's almost annoying how, after maybe moving a troop into there territory by mistake, I'm suddenly hated across the globe.

What's the deal?

This is an old thread, but as far as I know the game hasn't changed a lot in this regard.
If you alter the AI aggression level, it will adjust the starting attitude.

The AI attitude is corny.

I've never gotten a starting attitude other than annoyed at the first greet regardless of aggression level.

Then, ages later when I haven't heard from a given civ - I get "furious". Why? I haven't spoken to this group in centuries, no wars, no trades - nada.

Here's one I've never seen until my most recent game. The Greeks were 1 of 4 other civs on a pangea setting. I warred with them early and settled right up next to one of their main cities. After making peace, I ignored them for a long time and they DOW'd the Romans (Greece had 2 cities total at the time) and the Romans blasted them.

When they were down to only 1 city (that one next to me), they were "gracious".

:lol::lol::lol:

First time I saw that one.

The Aztecs (who I was at war with) popped that last Greek city and I in turn popped the Aztec settlement immediately.

So much for grace.

Let me expand on this also.

One thing I don't like about the game is that I don't get to choose MY attitude toward the AI upon greets.

How many times would I have liked to tell another civ to go pound sand.

I've had Polites at first greet with least aggressive on. What level do you play at usually SweetChuck? Hoarding tech makes their attitudes more negative towards you.

Top Bottom