Ethnicae - Mac / PC compatible Mod

Hmm, there is a steam-free version?
Finally some good news :)
Now Civ V only needs a couple more years of development and a few official expansion packs

EDIT: I was happy way too early, I bet this is only for Mac :mad:

:( Sorry pal ... yes, the no-steam version is for Mac only ... but don't be so mad ( what I fully understand ! be sure about ! ) because we'll have to wait much much longer to get new dlc or patches, etc ... And we don't have any SDK tools so we can't mod and believe me, this gets me really mad ! :mad:

I already have 2 mods for Civ V in my pipes and stuck because no way for me to any modding graphics ................................... :( and I don't understand why Firaxis doesn't distribute the same game for each platform !? gosh ...

Xyth !!! so happy to see you again ! Yes, you're so right ... Good thing Civ5 is a mostly terrible game or I'd feel cheated too AND frustrated AND angry !!! :crazyeye: ( what I am still now in fact :eek: even the game is good )

But listen ... We could collaborate with a civilization V PC player to "pack" / "compile" some of our works and more if he/she's interested in modding with us !

- We have the dds tools ( Aorta and Squish DDS )
- we have a great fpk tool ( Macapaka )
- We have the 2D graphic tools ( Photoshop or Gimp )
- We have good xml and text softwares ( BBEdit, TextWrangler, Coda and many more )

Come on ! There is surely some way :) If you're interested, I'll pm you my msn or ichat and we could talk about :lol:

I'd love to see your units, though, if you're still going to upload them. :)

:blush: Thanks cybrxkhan and yes, I have to put my eyes again in Civ 4 units to upload the units in their best suits ;)

Xyth !!! so happy to see you again ! Yes, you're so right ... Good thing Civ5 is a mostly terrible game or I'd feel cheated too AND frustrated AND angry !!! :crazyeye: ( what I am still now in fact :eek: even the game is good )

But listen ... We could collaborate with a civilization V PC player to "pack" / "compile" some of our works and more if he/she's interested in modding with us !

- We have the dds tools ( Aorta and Squish DDS )
- We have the 2D graphic tools ( Photoshop or Gimp )
- We have good xml and text softwares ( BBEdit, TextWrangler, Coda and many more )

Come on ! There is surely some way :) If you're interested, I'll pm you my msn or ichat and we could talk about :lol:

I'm afraid I've decided to stick with Civ4 for now. The flawed design of Civ5 made me appreciate Civ4 even more and I still have quite a bit that I want to do with History Rewritten before starting any new projects. Thanks for the offer though and if anything changes I'll be sure to let you know. Great to know you're getting back into modding, and good luck! :)

I'm afraid I've decided to stick with Civ4 for now. The flawed design of Civ5 made me appreciate Civ4 even more and I still have quite a bit that I want to do with History Rewritten before starting any new projects. Thanks for the offer though and if anything changes I'll be sure to let you know. Great to know you're getting back into modding, and good luck! :)

In fact, I understand. Civ 4 is ..... really great for modding. If you need some graphic stuff for History Rewritten, just ask, it will be a pleasure to do something for this great great mod ! :)

Some news ... I began one month ago to redraw more or less almost each unit of ethnic mod.

So I have re-installed Civ 4 and the nif tools ( with Blender ), Nifskope for Mac ( the one from AlanH wich is working so fine !!! ), Aorta, SquishDDS ...

The good part is that ethnic mix more is now modular and now named : ethnicae and at last ! it seems working fine ...

Another good point is I try to render better textures for almost each unit of the mod and everything is fine until now.

The bad point : gosh ........ it takes a long long long time ! :crazyeye:

What is done for now :

- Ethiopia
- Mali
- Kwazulu

( I added many to get 3 different kind of african units for each African civilization of the game : Ethiopia, Mali, Kwazulu )

- France
- England
- Germany

( Ancient and Medieval ones, not yet more modern ones except cavalry and riflemean )

- Greece
- Persia
- Celtics
- Netherlands
- India ( almost done )
- Spain
- Native
- Nihon ( almost done )
- Norse ( Vikings )
- Russia

I used many mesh from Bakuel the Magician but not only.

Many of my skins are 256x256 to get a much better aspect. No more cartoon heads and so on ... I try to re-work on every weapon ( swords and muskets mainly ) , detail, and so on. And I put many many brand new buttons ! ;)

I still have a lot to do before adding the mod and the units in the download section ... But here some pictures. If someone wants a special unit, just ask. I don't say I will do it, but as I'm working on so many units, maybe your demand will fit with my present work ! :lol:

Some Celtic ...

Spoiler :

To watch other civilizations, rendez-vous in further posts ...

;)

Some Japanese ... ( the complete set is almost done )

Spoiler :

Some Indians ... ( don't look at the shields : I have to change them )

Spoiler :

Some Others ...

Spoiler :

More to come :)

Thanks cybrxkhan :blush:

I think everything will be done in one month. I mean the modular mod. Then, for those who don't want to play the mod, I will post units set by set.

:)

Well, I don't mind downloading the mod whole to get all the units.

I already did that. ;)

Wow, these are absolutely amazing :king:
Great job on all of them!!
Your English preview is my favourite
I have to use them in RFCE ;)

Thanks AbsintheRed :)

The english will be ready soon I think, I mean before the end of this month ;)

Really looking forward to all of these, great work :)

Xyth !!! :)
How are you ?
Did you go to the World Cup ? Have you seen some interesting match ?

I already bet ( with some friends ) 2 weeks ago our respective teams will meet again for the finale ;) :lol:

I imagine the "temperature" is higher and higher as All Black team is closer to the finale ?

Rugby apart, I'm finally finishing ethnicae ... as you can see.

I'll put pictures of each civilization units in the next days/weeks ... As I can't post all civilizations' units pictures in the same post, going to make a post for each civilization. Thanks for your understanding ! :D

FRANCE

Spoiler :

:coffee:

ENGLAND

Spoiler :

GERMANY

Spoiler :

SPAIN

Spoiler :