Why is no one afraid of me?

CaterpillarKing

Conqueror of Cacoons
It seems as thought no matter how many times stronger I am or however many cigs I've erased no one is ever afraid. Only one time was someone afraid, and we were at the same tech level I had just taken one city. How does one becom "scary"?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have over a dozen each game. I expand specifically for uranium and use total war is the fascism tree to double it to at least 30 or so. I usually have all or almost all missiles and maybe a couple bombs to weaken the city then the missile to destroy it.

Try having an army rating 5x larger than everyone else put together

The computer can only be afraid if they know you have something scary to be afraid of. If you have your full army at the border and it's 2x theirs, they might be afraid. If you hide your army in your borders and they have no spies... they won't be afraid. If you have nukes and they have nukes.... well.. they're not that afraid.

Ok, I guess this all makes sense. I just hate when I get one soldier over there they automatically ask if I'm attacking and if I lie I get a diplo hit later but if I don't then my army isn't ready

Occasionally I get one of the "afraid" markers, but only when the AI is on the same continent, and is much weaker - I don't expect to see it, but when I do, I take it as a "please don't hurt me" message. Same way when you declare war on someone much weaker they try to insult your ethics.

How do you know If a civ is afraid, where is that information placed?

It will say afraid when you go on the diplomatic screen. It says it where it normally says friendly, neutral, guarded, hostile, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if a reason afraid doesn't show very often is that by the time you've reached conditions that might make AI players afraid, you've probably already pissed most people off by expanding and warmongering so perhaps they skip straight to Hostile or Guarded. Does that seem right? I'll confess to not being completely up to speed with diplomacy mechanics.

I wonder if a reason afraid doesn't show very often is that by the time you've reached conditions that might make AI players afraid, you've probably already pissed most people off by expanding and warmongering so perhaps they skip straight to Hostile or Guarded. Does that seem right? I'll confess to not being completely up to speed with diplomacy mechanics.

That actually makes perfect sense XD

That's what I was thinking too. I mean, it's so rare to see "Afraid"...

Can they be Hostile and Guarded at the same time? I think I remember seeing that.

You sound up to speed to me. "afraid" seems to be a rare status. I get a few afraids if : i build the first nuke. Speaking of which : it kind of irks me how impossible it is to get good info on the AI , yet they know exactly what unit i just built.

You sound up to speed to me. "afraid" seems to be a rare status. I get a few afraids if : i build the first nuke. Speaking of which : it kind of irks me how impossible it is to get good info on the AI , yet they know exactly what unit i just built.

It's really annoying, like the entire world is watching every step you take, every nation snooping. Either they change it to allow for more privacy or they increase the number of spies available for human players to compensate.

It's really annoying, like the entire world is watching every step you take, every nation snooping. Either they change it to allow for more privacy or they increase the number of spies available for human players to compensate.

I do like, however, you can see nukes or planes or whatever without having a spy stationed.

I do like, however, you can see nukes or planes or whatever without having a spy stationed.

I'm not really into checking other's progress since the game is usually over before they start building nukes. Anyway, do they get worried only after you're done building the nukes or when you start building (i.e. they discovered what you're building by spying)?

Top Bottom