Super Religious start on Deity with Venice

pinolino

Chieftain
I tried Venice at immortal level and had a strong win so I Decided to try Venice at Deity Level.

Start looked really terrible at first, but after moving my settler 5-6 tiles away I was with 4 luxury and just next to a faith wonder giving me +6 faith
this made the miracle of being the first to found pantheon and religion
at turn 62 merchant of venice reaches a CS and WOHA another natural wonder producing faith is inside my border!
On turn 63 my faith production is 20, all temples still to build and my second prophet just born ready to convert or enhance

Russia is just next to me with an already enhanced religion (I don't know how they could be so fast) and 4 cities all following their religion but no other religion has been founded yet.
They will bombard me with tons of missionaries and prophets very very soon, I know!

My religious picks are:
Pantheon: one with nature
founder: world church
follower: pogodas

The only building left to pick is mosquee

Suggestions?

being at Deity level I should probably get an Inquisitor and buildings and save rest of the faith for later in the game

But I am also attracted to give it try and spread early in the game (knowing that probably at a certain point a tsunami of convertors will blast all my early efforts away)

also at deity can I even think to make a religious wonder?

Top Bottom