"Utter annihilation"

Frossa

Prince
I was recently in a war with a militarily superior civ, and for peace, said AI wanted ALL of my cities (except the capital, of course). He said he wanted to forestall my utter annihilation. This was however (way too easily) countered offered when I removed all the peace conditions, ending up with a white peace. So, the AI first wanted everything I owned for peace, but simply saying "No." and offering a white peace deal instead also makes him happy? Is that what counts as an utter annihilation for the AI?
The situation is not the same when suing peace with a civ that's only slightly superior to you, and maybe just requests one city or some gold for peace.
Glitch or what?

I'm not sure what you're getting at here... could you reword your post?

I think he thinks it's strange that the AI demanded everything he had, and then, when he refused, the AI just accepted normal conditions, without him giving it anything. That is kinda strange. :confused:

How much time was there in between the 2 peace offers?

There was just one offer:
The leader comes up to me and wants peace, in exchange for all of my cities.
I remove all of my cities from the deal, and the leader still accepts, despite the deal not meeting his demands anymore.
This doesn't work if the leader isn't demanding every city you own.

I'm assuming you misunderstood :crazyeye:

Probably the same thing like when trading embassies/borders (any trade, really, it just comes up more often than not in those trades for me), the AI will sometimes demand additional horses/iron, but they don't need those anymore. It's like a show of power to them. You can remove those and still get an equal trade. You'll know they don't need those anymore when you try to trade it with them and they offer nothing.

I guess this is a bug - somehw AI doesen't check the conditions after you've changed them. Makes actually pretty easy to get peace - you can get a white peace always when AI wants to end war, too. Even if the AI was victorious.

I've seen this a couple of times as well. Don't recall it occurring before BNW. Hopefully they catch this in the patch...

Spoiler :

This turn, white flag peace, no conditions on any side. My second ever deity game, I ended up coming within a couple turns of winning by the end (but failed).

I wonder if this was intentionally changed to make the game easier for new players, and will get rechanged at the fall patch. I saw another thread where the enemy had nukes and a million troops, and he had a couple artillery, and white flag peace was enforced.

Top Bottom