News: TSG83 Announcement

Does anyone agree that Patronage is a good way to start?

I wouldn't start with it, but later on it is helpful for sure. Starting with commerce for cheaper purchases in cities seems like the no brainer to me, especially since everything is already cheaper on late era starts (everything except settlers).

I will roleplay an autocratic Russia, à la Putin v2

First Step > meet a civ
Step 2 > declare war
Step 3 > rince & repeat
Stop when Total civ = 2

Let's see if I can achieve that before the Atomic aera!

But then the only way you're allowed to conquer cities is by bullying other civs until they give you their cities :lol:

Is it ok to play these old TSGs? Or should i stop from posting in these old threads? (I know the ranking is closed, i am just asking if you mind revival of old topics.)

Downloading map. Few thoughts :

- Winning fast means unlocking the right tech fast, then rushing ahead in tech to enable voting by city states. So tech / population should be the focus, probably 2 cities into national college then going to 4 cities after that.
- Need the states votes, so will need a strong economy to buy them (trade routes, coastal cities, ITC on river+coast) and patronage. Maybe even gear religion towards it (+15) but going tithe might be more efficient, will see.
- It is somewhat easy to stay ahead in tech (or at least on par) on emperor so i'll probably use the spies to rig elections in city states, should grab all the cultures CTs fast.

Top Bottom