Ironworks with coal and iron

marioflag

History Addict
In the description of ironworks is written that output of ironworks will have a bonus of 50% with coal and 50% with iron.
So i'm wondering if i have both coal and iron in the tiles near a city my final output after i have built ironworks will be 100% so bonus with coal and iron is cumulative or bonus from ironworks remains 50%?If i have no coal or iron inside the city is ironworks useless?

It's cumulative - you get 100% bonus with both IIRC (in versions above 1.00, anyway - it was bugged in 1.00).

Do you need coal and/or iron to be in the city limits to have an affect from the ironworks? or does the coal/iron just need to be in your cultural limits?

I believe the city just needs access to it. I could be completely wrong on that one, though.

Coal and iron only have to be connected to your trade network somewhere for the ironworks to work, they don't actually need to be in the city radius.

MrCynical said:
Coal and iron only have to be connected to your trade network somewhere for the ironworks to work, they don't actually need to be in the city radius.

So also if i get coal and iron by trade ironworks will grant me a 100% bonus in production? it seems too easy because nearly every time you will get access to both resources also if you don't have them inside your territory.So are you sure that it's not important that they are in the city radius?

Crighton said:
comine that and heroic epic with police state a baracks and the pentagon and it's go time baby

How do you get three National wonders in one city?

Edited: Nevermind. Brain effluviant. Pentagon is World Wonder. Mea Culpa.

Use worldbuilder to create a city with ironworks if you don't believe the in-game text or people who have used it before, you can confirm for yourself that it only requires coal or iron in the trade network for the bonuses. Of course it's powerful, it's a national wonder; the +100% culture, +4XP to units, +100% GPP, +100% military unit production, etc. that the others provide are also powerful, that's the point.

Top Bottom