Road Bug/Exploit: Enemy war chariots can enter mountains with road in my territory.

Skybuck

Prince
Hello,

Under concepts in civpedia it clearly reads:

"Other civilizations can not benefit from roads without a right of passage agreement".

I just played a game assuming my workers would be save on the mountains, only to be captured by enemy war chariots... which could not have entered the mountains (with a road on it) because they were in my territory and we were at war.

So I definetly consider this an bug/exploit and quited the game (I do not play with cheaters, I assumed he was using a trainer, he was also using the double move exploit and appeared to double his units which was kinda weird but ok).

I could have sworn this move is impossible. I also wonder what happens with catapults etc... because I think the exploit might not work for catapults ?

(More testing needs to be done ;))

To bad :( but interesting :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

The exploit seems to work like this:

The war chariot or catapult must be on terrain with a road which they can normally enter, and then they can enter any next square with a mountain and a road attached to it, even if both squares are completely in enemy territory.

it works even if it is in your territory, but they dint get the movement bonus

Now you know what to look out for in future games :)

Perhaps the civilipedia should have read that others do not get the movement bonus from roads. But it's too late for changes to anything.

Top Bottom