Civ IV Manual - Where is it?

DerekTheGeek

Chieftain
Hello,

I have the Civ Chronicles (Civ 1 through 4 plus some bonus material) and I can't seem to locate the full manual for Civ 4. I am assuming that there is a PDF file somewhere on the discs but I sure can't find it. I also purchased the Beyond the Sword expansion. Is there a version of the full manual somewhere on those discs?

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to understand the city management interface. Thanks.

- dtg

Hello,

I have the Civ Chronicles (Civ 1 through 4 plus some bonus material) and I can't seem to locate the full manual for Civ 4. I am assuming that there is a PDF file somewhere on the discs but I sure can't find it. I also purchased the Beyond the Sword expansion. Is there a version of the full manual somewhere on those discs?

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to understand the city management interface. Thanks.

- dtg

Try www.replacementdocs.com - I don't -think- the Civ dvd/cds came with the manual on the disks, but maybe they did.. either way you'll be able to find the Civ 4 manual as a pdf file on that webpage.

Thank you very much for taking time to post those links fellas. I was able to download the manual without issue.

I agree that it seems strange to not be able to find the manual. The boxed set came with several tech tree posters but no manual anywhere in site. I think I should have gotten the Civ IV "Gold Edition" instead.

- Derek

DerekTheGeek:

Don't bother. The Gold Edition comes with a combined cheapo manual that says on the cover, "Abridged Manual Full Manual on Disc 3".

As if that weren't disappointing enough, Disc 3 contains only the file data4.cab--no manual. I came here looking to see if anyone else knows where the manual is and found your post.

Does anyone know where/if one can just buy a real, full, bound manual? The thing they threw in with the Gold Edition just doesn't cut it. >8(

-hC

I bought "The Chronicles of Civilization" yesterday. This the first Civ game I have bought or played. I bought the Chronicles because it was £19 whereas Civ IV on its own was £25, so I thought I had a good deal...except there is no printed manual! I guess the £25 one has a proper manual as this is the full release of the game?

Anyway, in my copy of Chronicles the second CD is labelled "Digital Game Manuals for Civ I, Civ II, Test of Time, Civ III Complete and Civ IV, and it has the manuals in PDF format. Obviously I could print them out - but this is 200+ pages.

I'm wondering whether to exchange it at the shop for just Civ IV and then get the printed manual. Am I likely to ever play the earlier Civ games? I haven't even started on IV yet, and I'm no longer in my first flush of youth!.

The manual is pretty terrible, not deep enough and in various parts is obsolete due to patch changes - just download the replacementdocs one if you really want to read it; the in-game civilopedia and sites like this one and the wiki are much more useful for reference.

BeefontheBone:
It's more a need to have some good, solid, non-digital reference material: something you can leave open on your desk while you play. For instance, when I'm on the game creation screen and I forget what buildings a certain trait builds faster, what techs a civ starts with, and what their unique unit is, being able to just flip to a page in the manual and see it all listed is really handy. Even with a second monitor, I still vastly prefer bound hardcopy documentation; there's still nothing that comes close.

-hC

Hi,

Also bought Gold Edition and I thought at first it wasn't normal, to be sure I contacted Take2 and they confirmed that there wasn't paper version of the manual. Ok, so I'll print the .pdf... But it is not set so u can print it as a manual. Also, the page setting are bad on many pages of the french .pdf manual.

I took the new Reference Sheet made by Anion and find it perfect for my needs. Also told myself that maybe they thought that ppl buying a GOLD version of a game already know it enough so they dont really need the paper manual. Still its always fun to discover great stuff on a game box when u just bought it :D.

the civ chronicles doesn't have the manual, for some odd reason, but it does contain some reference posters (e.g. tech tree), which i find pretty handy sometimes, even though warlords and bts have altered the tree a bit.

Top Bottom