Bug Reporting

Besides, the stacked bar that draws the percentage bars doesn't go vertical. It's done by the game engine like the text messages and hover text boxes. :(

I am runing the Flavorful bug -- lastest from svn. Playing England. I am getting the colored dot instead of the English worker. Also as you can see in the screen shot I cannot issue any orders to the work :(!

Codetoad

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 254
I am runing the Flavorful bug -- lastest from svn. Playing England. I am getting the colored dot instead of the English worker. Also as you can see in the screen shot I cannot issue any orders to the work :(!

Codetoad

Ehm... thanks for reporting it, but it's at least the third time it's been reported :lol:

It has already been fixed in our internal version, so it will be ok in 1.0 release.

But maybe there are more red balls out there, so if you guys find some of there, please tell us, it's too time consuming for us to try all the units before release.

Oh, and don't worry if you report them more than once, I was only joking above :mischief:

Sorry if it is a duplicate problem. I updated from svn and I am at revision 348. I started a new game with the English and built a worker. I still get the Orange blob.

Is there a specific file I can look for or any thing else I can do to help with this?

Codetoad

In Hints and Tips (I believe) is a hint about [COLOR_YELLOW]"!" in domestic advisor. Doesn't look like color codes work in hints and tips, so maybe remove that.

like this: CombatARCHER = ^rc^
That code is saying ... use a random civilization based name. If you are german, it might produce "Herr Hans Beckonbower" but with the correct spelling. Anyway, I had iPlayer.blah instead of pPlayer.blah and it was throwing a wobbly. I've fixed it (and tested it!) and committed it.

In Hints and Tips (I believe) is a hint about [COLOR_YELLOW]"!" in domestic advisor. Doesn't look like color codes work in hints and tips, so maybe remove that.

Thanks Elandal. I wasn't sure if it was working but after waiting through alot of random hints and tips I gave up. Will updated it before 1.0

I hope this is not a duplicate. I am also getting the orange blog for Sumarian Knights.

This is with revision 348 from svn.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 192
I don't know if this is a bug or not. Why is the Adviser screen of the Domestic Advise recommending that I build UB from other civs? I am playing Germany.

Codetoad

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 240
I don't know if this is a bug or not. Why is the Adviser screen of the Domestic Advise recommending that I build UB from other civs? I am playing Germany.

Codetoad

We have not changed the original Adviser columns from CDA, so I fear that they may have problems with UB.
Maybe we'll take care of them, but probably not before 1.0 release.

Why is the Adviser screen of the Domestic Advise recommending that I build UB from other civs? I am playing Germany.

This is definitely a bug. I can see the problem with the code. CvCity.canConstruct() ignores which civ you're playing when checking if you can build a building. I'll take a stab at the solution now.

Edit: I've committed the fix (hopefully). Please give this a try by grabbing the latest SVN version of CvCustomizableDomesticAdvisor.py. If you haven't set up SVN access, you can do it using the instructions at SF.net (see my sig for link) or wait for 1.0 release RSN.

I hope this is not a duplicate. I am also getting the orange blog for Sumarian Knights.

This is with revision 348 from svn.
We should remove the pics for all units for 1 particular civ and then play a game of "Attack of the BLOB". We can do our reports in the style of 1950 B movies!

No, it's new. Thanks :)

Seems to be a problem with the knights: Babylonian, German and Sumerian so far. I wanted to report the Babylonian knight as red blob but it had already been noted in this thread.

Perfect MOD package by the way. Thanx to al the modders! I keep playing BtS, if I see another Red Blob I will post it here.

I'm unsure about whether this is due to BUG or something else, but the ONLY thing I did just now was installing BUG 1.0 (over 0.16, fixing bugmod.ini and so on), and I no longer have "Regenerate" button in the menu.. As I'm a regenerateholic, this is a bit inconvenient :)

If it's not bug, then what all can cause this to happen?

It never appears? Pardon me for stating the obvious -- I've only used this feature a couple times as when I've regenerated it was always a few turns into the game -- but AFAIK you can only regenerate on the first turn. Is this correct?

In any case, the main menu is generated (hah!) by the game core EXE itself, not Python. I can't think of anything BUG could do to affect this.

BUG's included mods have events that fire on end game turn, and I tried to get EndTurnReady to work for replaying reminders with no success. However, nothing in BUG code should cause the turn to end prematurely (I don't think you even can from Python).

... starting up a new game to try it out ...

... waiting ...

... yawn ...

... note to self: need more RAM ...

And I have no option to regenerate either. I'll take a look into this tomorrow night, but in the meantime can someone try it without BUG and just verify that it should show up with the 3.03 patch?

I'm unsure about whether this is due to BUG or something else, but the ONLY thing I did just now was installing BUG 1.0 (over 0.16, fixing bugmod.ini and so on), and I no longer have "Regenerate" button in the menu.. As I'm a regenerateholic, this is a bit inconvenient :)

I have no idea, but as a side note... it's better to delete Custom Assets before installing a new release of BUG Mod, because sometimes the names of the files change.

The only thing that I can think of that removes the 'regenerate' option is if two or more civs make contact. Try rolling up a new game and see if it happens again. If so, it probably means that we have some code that introduces the civs to each other - no idea how / why / where.

The Regen command, IIRC correctly cannot be done once past Turn 1. Also, make sure you don't have Wait at End of Turn turned off, or you could move your units to find a better location, and it will go to Turn 2.

Top Bottom