JEELEN's Scenarios & Maps

I'm preparing an update of The Crusades!, following certain events during extended playtesting, which, among others, will include

- several corrected Leaderheads
- corrected civdefinitions
- some city editing.

So, if anyone has any further suggestions, make them now and I'll see what I an do.;)

(For instance, should goody huts be included?)

@dutchking: checked it out! (I think I saw it again a couple of weeks ago...) Thx!

Crusades

Its good for the most part, I dont like undefended cities, took 3 Almohads cities before they decided to stand in the Spains way. Just a warrior is fine. I know theres no Mecca, But Islam needs a holy city.

Something else that bugs me, the Islamic tribes dont except any state religion, its no fun not being able to declare war on the infidels. I thought thats what the crusades was about.

Yes you need goody huts, thats what i thought scouts were for. Anyway, goodjob. And stop with the name, giving me a headache.

Update

Version 1.1 of The Crusades! will include:

- several corrected Leaderheads (in progress)
- corrected civdefinitions (DONE)
- some city and map editing (DONE)
- additional units (DONE)
- goody huts
- set Mongols at war w/Turks.

If anyone has any further suggestions, make them now and I'll see what I an do.;)

@DIE Inc.: Thx for your feedback once again! (I thought I made Baghdad the muslim Holy City - maybe you didn't see it. And yeah, I got a headache of it too...);)

EDIT:

- I checked and Baghdad's NOT a holy city - so thx again!
- certain cities - notably Almohad - were left empty on purpose: Yusuf has just overthrown the kaliphate of Cordoba and is still asserting his authority. (One of the reasons of the succes of the Reconquista was inter-Muslim fighting. The same reason Islam was so succesful in Spain 3 centuries earlier: inter-Christian fighting...)

You can make Jerusalem the holy city. Jerusalem is holy for Islam so it is correct.

I know. (I wanted Baghdad as the Muslim Holy City as the last caliph of Cordoba was deposed by Yusuf - with no successor; this is the origin of the later Ottoman sultanate/caliphate - the Ottoman Turks being the successors of the Selchuks as "protector" of the caliph of Baghdad. Also, Jerusalem is already a double Holy City, in part inspiring the Crusade movement.)

BTW, thx for helping out w/Saladin!

:goodjob: Now available:

The Crusades! (version 1.1)

(version 1.0 removed after 72 downloads)
currently at: 100+ downloads

Changes:

- corrected Leaderheads, civ names, leadernames
- added missing Muslim Holy City
- set Mongols at war with Hungary, Selchuk Turks
- added units
- adjusted city sizes
- minor map editing (including added goody huts).

Go here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8330

(Thank you Lokolus, DIE Inc., Fiend777Fits!)

The link is not working. It says invalid file ID and then redirects me to the new CivFanatics Downloads Database.

As some game inbalance was discovered after the previous update I took the liberty to make some adjustments and release a new version:

The Crusades! (version 1.2)

(version 1.1 removed after 34 downloads;version 1.0 removed after 72 downloads)
currently at: 100+ downloads

Changes in 1.2:

- added a barb city
- added multiple non-Christan units
- disabled City Razing
- enabled Raging Barbarians
- some map editing
- updates NOTES and credits.

Changes in 1.1:

- added units
- adjusted city sizes

For the latest version go here:

Will be gone for three days (Tuseday thru Friday) - and computerless.:( Talk to you guys later!;)

BTW, 600 BC for BTS has passed the 400 downloads mark!:)

Just to let you guys know that 1066 AD for BTS has reached 700+ downloads!:) Also, 1000 BC for BTS has reached 400+ downloads!

(Managed to get a computer working out here);)

I'm back in town and was thinking about giving most (if not all) civs Currency to speed up trade/research a bit. Any objections?:confused: (Or further suggestions, perhaps?)

Well, as The Crusades! got a B- rating and one negative comment, I will release version 1.3 soon!

Correction: rating has been upped to A-!

For version 1.3 I'm considering the following:

- GG (El Cid), Trebuchet, Scout for Spanish kingdoms
- Currency for most civs
- some additional units (for the Selchuks notably).

More news by tomorrow!;)

Are you considering 100 AD scenario ?

:)

Spurred on by criticism that this be a "boring" scenario (I personally disagree, but to each his own) I've released a new version:

The Crusades! (version 1.3)

(version 1.2 removed after 111 downloads; version 1.1 removed after 34 downloads;version 1.0 removed after 72 downloads)
Currently at: 200+ downloads
Rating: A-

Changes in 1.3:

- Currency given to a number of civs
- added a Selchuk city
- added/removed several units
- corrected missing religion in Toledo
- some additional map editing.

Changes in 1.2:

- added a barb city
- added multiple non-Christan units
- disabled City Razing
- enabled Raging Barbarians
- some map editing
- updates NOTES and credits.

Changes in 1.1:

- added units
- adjusted city sizes

For the latest version go here:

Huge Earth Map

http://www.johomaps.com/world/worldhistoryc100ad.html

What do you think Jeelen :goodjob:

could you tell me the website for your inspiration

Had a look at the map: looks nice (have more detailed ones myself). I don't really get inspired by other websites than Civfanatics; I get further inspiration from books* I read and my own thoughts.:mischief:

PS: Making a new scenario is currently on hold (see previous post), but I will make a 1-100 AD scenario! (I made The Crusades!, because I expected to have some free time before CIV Gold 4.0.);)

EDIT: I actually already have a 17civ map (blank version) - just not the time to work on it...

* Last books read: Caesar, The Life of A Colossus, 2006, by A. Goldsworthy and Napoleon, A Biography, 1997, by F. McLynn.

Following Lachlan's repeated suggestions I've taken up work on a Huge Worldmap picked for what currently is a 50 AD scenario, which is in the initial stages.

Also, having just uploaded v. 1.3 of The Crusades! I've already received another suggestion for v. 1.4.

On both counts further suggestions will be welcome!:hammer:

Top Bottom