End of Empires - N3S III

Hmm? Which coalition - the one with me or the one against me?

I see what you did there.

With you.

tenchar

In that case, yes, I did "see that coming". Partly arranging it probably helped. :p

For the sake of clarity, the gloating comment was more to pass the time/make Thlayli come up with an arrogant retort, and was not in reference to any of the posts above it.

Nahari’s Fleet

An so the great ships of the Nahari Empire set out across the Kbrilma Sea. Their prize was the capture of eastern spice-islands from the upstart nation Cheidia. Also at stake was the promise of rich trade routes with the fabled eastern nations. The battle was dangerous, for the Kbrilma Sea was treacherous; the ragged shores littered with the bleached carcass of many unfortunate vessels. Their rotting remains looked like the body of a beached whale to Anseed, its body picked clean of flesh.

This was Anseed’s first naval battle and his heart pounded with such intensity. He held is hands clasped over his month as if fearful it would leap out should he give it chance. The promise of glory and his fathers recognition burned brightly in the young mans desires. He drew and checked his rapier blade, a family’s history was held within that blade. Its notched edge guilty of revealing the many battles it had already fought. His father had fought with this blade against the many pirates that plagued the local waters.

The Nahari Empire had not sought a battle with Cheidia, but their rude refusal of the offer of union had demanded it. King Ruman the Great had shown respect when he offered them union, the insult therefore all the greater when refused. This slight has spurred King Ruman to commander the leading ship, he would make them pay for their slight, and return to Illiria is pride restored.

The lead ship he commanded was a sleek vessel, one built for speed and manoeuvrability. It skipped over the demanding waves rather than trying to tame them. Its lack of brute force meant he would not be making direct assaults on the enemies ships, instead attempting to flush them out of any strategic position, or better still forcing them onto the rocks.

The Nahari Empire’s fleet was mixed in design. While the king’s ship was of one design there were several others. The most prominent were the battle barges. They could inflict terrible damage upon any ship they came across. With a reinforced ram at the front, bronze plated hull, and a small catapult capable of firing balls of flaming pitch. Their intimidating design, glinting in the fires of war was a terrible sight to behold. Few would face the battle barges, choosing to flee rather than risking collision.

The Nahari Empire fleet dwarfed Cheidia’s, quite why they had resisted baffled King Ruman. As the fleet closed in on its target he began his speech;

“Pride comes before a fall my men, while I am sure we will be victorious today, be vigilant, it is a fool who believes the battle won before he is standing over the body of his enemy.
Be proud, stand tall, for you a Naharians, and this battle marks an important apex in our destiny. Victory and it will launch us into a period of greatness, a golden age for our nation. We will be without peer on the waves, our rich fleet growing fat on the riches drawn from the east. The old nations will marvel at our discoveries, falling over themselves to praise our victory this day”

Faron intends to establish an independent nation of Hu'ut freemen in the Hu'ut territories under Faronun control. We are currently in the process of making this once-impossible dream a reality.

@lord_joakim- Would you be interested in leading this new state?

OOC: My plan was to convert the Hu'ut Empire to a slave-free slowly after the war with a number of reformations since everyone else was doing it. Perhaps. :)

Oh, and the update is incredible, even though I got pwned. I just haven't been much online recently.

LJ, your alive!

Well, once the Hu'ut are ready to stand free again, assuming we survive the tribulations to come, I'd be happy to let you take control of that proud nation once again.

Top Bottom