ROM + REVDCM + Extra Civs + NAM = A little help please...

Preytor

Warlord
I'd like a little help, just to ensure I set this all up correctly please.
I'm starting a fresh ROM install here, not worried about any saved games, and Civ4 is all patch and ready to go.

Ok, I think I have myself properly organized here...
1. I have ROM2.12 FULL ready to install. (not a prob)
2. Then I install REVDCM Beta 5.0 for ROM 2.12 (note the python folder)
3. Then I install Extra Civ addon pack v1.01 (The REVDCM above no includes compatibility patch, so no worries there)
4. Then I install NAM, the one for RoM2.1x + Kalimakhus RevDCM. (note I must rename the ROM folder to "Rise of Mankind REVDCM NAM" (without "")

Do I understand all this correctly?
Will it work?
My main concern is will the Extra Civ pack if I add NAM at the end?

Note: I have just download all of these files to ensure I'm fully up-to-date.

Thanks all :D
Preytor

I'd like a little help, just to ensure I set this all up correctly please.
I'm starting a fresh ROM install here, not worried about any saved games, and Civ4 is all patch and ready to go.

Ok, I think I have myself properly organized here...
1. I have ROM2.12 FULL ready to install. (not a prob)
2. Then I install REVDCM Beta 5.0 for ROM 2.12 (note the python folder)
3. Then I install Extra Civ addon pack v1.01 (The REVDCM above no includes compatibility patch, so no worries there)
4. Then I install NAM, the one for RoM2.1x + Kalimakhus RevDCM. (note I must rename the ROM folder to "Rise of Mankind REVDCM NAM" (without "")

Do I understand all this correctly?
Will it work?
My main concern is will the Extra Civ pack if I add NAM at the end?

Note: I have just download all of these files to ensure I'm fully up-to-date.

Thanks all :D
Preytor

Ok, sounds good. you'll have to report back on the NAM and Extra Civ addon compatibility, though i see no reason why they should be incompatible. And by any chance you didn't Patch BTS to 3.17 did you? because Rom 2.x is not compatible with it, and neither is RevDCM. By the way, the Extra Civ addon is a RAM hogger and takes my computer about 2 min just to load the ROM main screen with it on.

I've been holding off on 3.17 until I get the word on ROM + REVDCM +NAM that's all good. ;)

Extra Civ is a RAM hog eh? I'll have to think twice about that...
I'm using 3GB of RAM on XP x32 SP3.
I really want stability for a full out game (tired of not finishing them). I think I might take the "safer" road to success. It's a hard decision...

well, if you want to complete an entire game with no CTD's or anything, i find map size of Large or smaller to work well with the new RevDCM, yet again i like to play with the Hemispheres setting and don't know of any CTD's with the other settings.:goodjob:

From Select A Map screen, theres Archipelago, Continents, Fractal... near the bottom is Big and Small, Hemispheres, and Medium and Small. I like to play Hemispheres since I find it to have the perfect map setup. Not too much water or land, its nicely balanced and its not a boring square continent either.

I've always played continents and choose three. That way they're (usually) not blocky unrealistic pieces of land.
Hemispheres sounds like two continents, one above the meridian and the other below.
I'll have to check Hemispheres out. :)

Edit: I've decided to bite the bullet and go for the extra Civs with the whole setup.
I'll let ya know how it works out and do my best with any bug reporting.

that's an Extra Civ problem thats been there for a while, thought they would've fixed that by now. It has something to do with the path, if you get by the XML issues it'll work with the Extra Civ Civs that don't have issues:rolleyes:

UPDATE:

I posted in the V.2 bug reports thread (Post #278) the following -

"Not sure where I should mention this...

I get a CTD everytime I try to complete The Manhattan Project.
The Manhattan Project shows no icon, and the civopdia is empty on it.

I'm pretty sure everything else is fine, it's just the The Manhattan Project is missing stuff and my game can't deal with it.

What can I do?
Please help me.

I'm using ROM+ REVDCM + NAM."

I uninstalled all three mods, and reinstalled them again. Still no dice! :cry:

I stopped working on The Manhattan Project for now, and everything else still works fine. Played a few rounds and saved each time.

Bottom line, the game play fine, all I need is to fix The Manhattan Project. :)

Please help me do this, I don't know where to start. I'm at a point in my game that I really don't want to move ahead without being able to complete The Manhattan Project.

Thank you kindly
Preytor

Edit (adding):
I tested the mods in the order process this time. Which means I first tested ROM2.12, then tested after adding REVDCM beta 5 for ROM 2.12.
Both ways work just fine. I did notice how The Manhattan Project moves from being a Project to a Wonder.
Once I install NAM (RoM2.1x REVDCM NAM.zip) The Manhattan Project (Wonder) basically has no data.

I'm going to re download the NAM mod again and try one more last ditch effort until I hear from you.

I uninstalled all three mods, and reinstalled them again. Still no dice! :cry:

I stopped working on The Manhattan Project for now, and everything else still works fine. Played a few rounds and saved each time.

Bottom line, the game play fine, all I need is to fix The Manhattan Project. :)

Please help me do this, I don't know where to start. I'm at a point in my game that I really don't want to move ahead without being able to complete The Manhattan Project.

Thank you kindly
Preytor

Edit (adding):
I tested the mods in the order process this time. Which means I first tested ROM2.12, then tested after adding REVDCM beta 5 for ROM 2.12.
Both ways work just fine. I did notice how The Manhattan Project moves from being a Project to a Wonder.
Once I install NAM (RoM2.1x REVDCM NAM.zip) The Manhattan Project (Wonder) basically has no data.

I'm going to re download the NAM mod again and try one more last ditch effort until I hear from you.

hmm, thnx for the info, ill take a look into that in the morning, its 2:51AM here, and i've been busy for the last few days, so i havent been able to do any Civ modding.

Thanks Civ Fuehrer, I appreciate whatever time you can spend on the issue.
Probably a simple Python fix.
I look forward to your findings.

REVDCM beta 5 for ROM 2.12 changes Manhattan Project to national wonder if I recall correctly. NAM probably assumes it's still Project so there will be some issues project/building xml files.

REVDCM beta 5 for ROM 2.12 changes Manhattan Project to national wonder if I recall correctly. NAM probably assumes it's still Project so there will be some issues project/building xml files.

well no, actually, RevDCM version of NAM does notice it as the National Wonder that Kalim changed it to, but there was no informational entries to match the entries he made in order to make it into a NW. i noticed that Manhattan Project was in the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml, and had no civilopedia, strategy, etc entries to refer to it, so i just put it back in the CIV4ProjectInfo.xml where it should be to begin with. I also deleted the entry in the CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml that related to the BUILDINGCLASS_MANHATTAN that replaced the pre existing project which is already written as the normal bts PROJECT_MANHATTAN_PROJECT i'm a bit blurry on the subject since i've been away from modding for a while, but i think it should work. if not, i'll redo the RevDCM NAM since its an easy process to do.

I did notice how The Manhattan Project moves from being a Project to a Wonder.
This was done at the point of installing REVDCM.

I can assure you, with the way all of the files are currently there is no way for it to work, believe I tried...

"Something" needs to be changed in NAM. What it is, I'll leave to the experts. ;)

Top Bottom