Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I also thought the "cannot find settings folder" was a more general BUG/BULL problem as I have experienced it with other BUG-enhanced mods (more specifically Dune Wars).

Check in your My Games and My Games / BTS folders for a folder called "BUG Mod". If it's from an older version of BUG--no folder inside called "UserSettings"--get rid of it. It would really help if you could follow the instructions on the Troubleshooting page (see my sig) and post your PythonDbg.log and PythonErr.log files.

Is it possible to make BAT work as 'mod by default', like BUG?
I mean, it's possible to install BUG to Custom Assets, can I do the same for BAT?

Thanks

You cannot install BAT to CustomAssets, but you can make it so BTS loads BAT by default. See the FAQ.

Hi. Is there any way of disabling Blue Marble from the BAT Mod?

I love all the BAT features but I just can't get used to Blue Marble, and much prefer the original graphics.

Thanks! - Chelloveck

I installed BUG, but now I decided I want to install BUFFY. Do I have to delete BUG first, and how/where do I delete it?

They will happy co-exist.

Hi. Is there any way of disabling Blue Marble from the BAT Mod?

I love all the BAT features but I just can't get used to Blue Marble, and much prefer the original graphics.

Thanks! - Chelloveck
Yes. Just delete the BM_v4.50_HI.FPK file, and Blue Marble will go away. :)

Where am I supposed to install BUFFY? It installed itself to the mods section in BTS, and nothing has seemed to change (I already have BUG)

You can either load BUFFY from within BTS using ADVANCED : LOAD A MOD, or you can use the shortcut that it should have created in the Windows Start menu.

Alt + M for messages is very cool. One question though, is there anywhere to take a look at the schedule of messages that are upcoming? Just wondering if I can avoid duplicating some of them as I have a tendency of doing.

Is there anywhere to take a look at the schedule of messages that are upcoming?

No, there isn't. It's a useful feature I've wanted to add for a while, but my modding time has been nil lately. :(

I installed BAT on 2 computers, 1 with vista as admin, the other on Win7 as admin, but, has a 2nd user.
BAT works with single player mode on both computers, but, not in Multiplayer mode.
Here is more: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=400657
BAT is not MP compatible, sorry. EF once told me that he's never been able to get it to work. Hopefully he see this and can comment on exactly why. :(

Oh. :(
Well, I hope that is an option that someone chooses to address.
The features are great, but, as most of my games are in a LAN 2 human players vs 8 AIs (usually), then, I can only use these features when I test a different race before I multi-game play. Then, go back to the old BTS. :(
I like the Dot Map options and the new artwork is great.
And the notifications of when a leader will do open borders, etc.
:(

And I just got through the reading of the 12 pages of the other post: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=358579&page=12
ug.
Good Luck with other options.

Sorry, MP with BULL and BAT is hit or miss. Some people can get it to work but not others. I recommend trying Fuyu's BUG + BULL merge and as a last resort BUG by itself. At least you'll get those features but no pretty artwork or other cool BAT stuff.

On some screenshots, the great person and general bars are adjacent to the tech bar, rather than underneath. Can you choose where it goes, or is it just something to do with the resolution or something?
I'm sure there's room, but mine sit below - I can't go any bigger and I'm fussy :D
I only have BUG atm too. if thats significant

It depends on your resolution. The higher it is, the more goodies lie at the top of the screen.

Yah thought so. My screen must just be slightly too small lol. Oh well.

Is there a way to allocate how many AI per continent?
In my one player game vs 6 AIs, I set the map to be 4 continents.
I got this: (see attachment)

4 continents for 6 AIs, plus 1 island for me, with 2 smaller ones nearby.
I will change the settings, so, I can reach them before Astronomy, but, I would like to avoid a repeat of this, if possible.

I was hoping for me and an AI per Continent.
Possibly, me and 2 AIs per Continent with an open continent to explore later.

Attachments

• 4continents 6AIs.jpg
    4continents 6AIs.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 126
Top Bottom