A bit dissapointed!

As for 1-unit-per-hex, I'm also glad to see the end of SoD's, but I'm still not convinced that such a severe, hard cap is the way to go. Why not 1-unit per type-per hex? Or a soft cap which imposes severe penalties for having more than 3 or 4 units in a single hex?

Aussie.

Because that would get in the way of it being a tactical level hex wargame. I'm starting to become a little confused as to whether I will see Civ 5 or Civ Reboot.

That is not necessarily bad, but it would certainly reduce my interest ( a first for the Civ franchise dating back to the original.)

Ah well, I'll have Elemental and SOTS 2.

SoD's sucked. Glad to see the back of them and greater tactics in unit placement and movement.

It is too bad they have chosen to take espionage out, this is news to me. I am really looking forward to the improved diplomacy and the focus on the 19th century (although I can completely understand why others are not). However, it seems like removing espionage (and religion) will, potentially, remove major elements of diplomacy.

Soren Johnson is quoted in the article stating that the "current system is not very compelling-big stacks of units smashing into cities." I have previously speculated that cities would hold a garrison, but there was no mention as to how city defense will work. They go on to state that the new system is designed to bring comat "out of the cities". To me, that is a big part of Civ.

Soren is back on the Civ team? I thought he was off Sporing it up over at EA...

What's the reference in the first post to '19th Century', is that a Civ like game? I'm turning crazy things up with google over that term :)

I came into this during Civ III. I was hooked, and have loved Civ IV and every expansion since. I've even gone into modding, somewhat.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until there's been a proper vetting of a finished product. In August I'll be reading previews, looking at screenshots, and looking for some developer diaries before I get too worried. They've earned that by putting out such a lasting appeal game.

As far as the new hex combat, it could be incredible. Or it could stink. I think that it's right to make the game something other than just siege to siege to siege combat. For instance, now defending your coast might be practical, the enemy can't unload more than one unit on a tile per turn so they'll be incentive to have ships near your coast.

Soren is back on the Civ team? I thought he was off Sporing it up over at EA...

What's the reference in the first post to '19th Century', is that a Civ like game? I'm turning crazy things up with google over that term :)

19th century as in that period of earths history...

Top Bottom