6,050 Years in the Life of a Confused City-State

Where do you guys think the City-State should head over the next fifty turns? Is it going to be simply more axes and war with Japan?

Keep in mind bronze is our only strat, so later war is going to mean beelining CS/Machinery.

Don't go war... go production ;) and btw, if you go production you can outproduct the opponents and then win the monty way :goodjob:

Falling behind in tech and having my swordsmen ROFLpwned by Mansa's Infantry? :mischief:

If you have 6 swordsmen for every infantry and a huge load of catapults, you should do fine :D

Ignore the fact I should be finishing off my Stuntman challenge :mischief:

I've played a few turns of the game, and I'm in the mood for updating a story, so why not? Here we go...

225 AD...

The courtiers and advisors of the City-State unfreeze

Olaf: What just happened?
Bestrfcplayer: Whatever it was, it was uncomfortable... *shiver*
MoreEpicThanYou: It was the great power of our armies marching around the city!
Ilduce: No, it was our many coins being shifted into the new treasury that caused the disturbance!
Sparthage: Nonsense. It was that building over there spontaneously combusting... oh. That's the Demographics building. May I be excused? ... Quickly?
Olaf: Fine, but come back here... quickly.
Hoplitejoe: The great Sid and SouthernKing have spoken! We have just experienced a phenomenon known as temporary abandonment of a game. As this phenomenon begins, we all freeze, as time, and the life of the City-State goes on around us. That means it is now... (looks at his wrist) October. Twenty-seventh, to be exact.
All others: Aaaaah.
Trexeric: That's why there are people trick-or-treating over there. Last time I checked, it was May!
Red Spy: Well, I guess we need to see what the City-State is looking like. Since Sparthage is... otherwise occupied, we'd better just look at some pictures of our realm. Here's one I had Hoplitejoe make earlier.

Omega: What are all the symbols?
Hoplitejoe: The arm-and-fist one next to the names of the foreign leaders shows how powerful we are...
MoreEpicThanYou: Great!
Hoplitejoe: ...compared to them.
MoreEpicThanYou: Oh.
Hoplitejoe:That should be straightened out, once we build more axemen. Anyway, the ones in the top left corner show how much of our income is being devoted to various fields. Inohotep, you should be pleased with our choices there.
Inohotep: Indeed I am!
Hoplitejoe: Yoshi... not so much.
Yoshi: Aww.
Hoplitejoe: I'll explain the rest of them to you later. It's complicated. Here, have a look at this one, though: it's the city.

Olaf: So, there's only one unhappy person, in the whole city? Let me guess... at the moment, I'd say Sparthage. He looks kind of annoyed.
Hoplitejoe: Nope... that's ten thousand people, I believe.
Olaf: Not quite so good, then.
Hoplitejoe: Ah, well. We can't be perfect, you know. *cough* As much as MoreEpicThanYou seems to think otherwise. :p
MoreEpicThanYou: Proud to call myself a patriot, Hoplitejoe. :smug:
Civ'ed: The thing is, MoreEpic, nobody else is. They all realise how Morporkian this place is (apart from my brilliant wonders, of course).
All others: Quoi?
Civ'ed: I won't explain to you where it comes from, but it basically means useless, dysfunctional, grubby and having a polluted river.

They all realise how Morporkian this place is (apart from my brilliant wonders, of course).

what about the Unseen University? :p

won't explain to you where it comes from, but it basically means useless, dysfunctional, grubby and having a polluted river.

:lol:

Watin for them axes...

The thing is, MoreEpic, nobody else is. They all realise how Morporkian this place is (apart from my brilliant wonders, of course)
DANG! I'm sure I left it in the wonders in this jacket! :p
also, you can't call a solid mass a river, can you?

well... the people of Ankh-Morpork call it a river.... :p

Will my dancing bear be a part of the next update? ;p

Watin for them axes...
Not to worry, apparently we already had three :blush:
My HQ spontaneously combusted? That's not good...
Not really, no :p That was partly to cover up the fact that I forgot to take any graph screenshots :lol:
Will my dancing bear be a part of the next update? ;p
I have plans for the dancing bear, just wait :D
Great updates! I picked the Military Advisor spot well... :mwaha:
You're definitely going to be turning up a bit more often than other advisors, partly due to the nature of trying to win an OCC time victory...

Narrator Choxorn is pleased with the updates.

I also think that Carthage Japan should be destroyed.

Narrator Choxorn is pleased with the updates.

I also think that Carthage Japan should be destroyed.

I also think that the Agateans Japanese should be destroyed! What a coincidence! :p

My HQ spontaneously combusted? That's not good...

Probably because you had fire insurance. That tends to lead to spontaneous combustion in places with Morporkian influences.

Top Bottom