Release Date?

All this angst over a wonder we don't even know what it does yet. :lol:

To me, it sounds like it has something to do with the Espionage part of the game as others have already said. Unless it's the earliest wonder you can build because it burns enemy units when they cross into your territory. :p

Yes, it most certainly has something to do with Espionage. Guess they struggled in finding good wonders for defensive espionage. Maybe we have a GPS-satelite system as well for offensive espionage...

Some Wonders will be shifted to Religion for sure, and the Djenne Mosque has to be a religious wonder. The Terracotta Army will (most logically) come with Pottery as a tech, terracotta is pottery after all. So it might have some effect that is beneficiary for gameplay that takes that route (non-military). So a Free Granary and something else...

Neuschwanstein is a good industrial wonder in that it is unique, will most probably come with Dynamite and can have all the effects they want it to have. Now hoping for the Crystal Palace and one Big Skyscraper.

Was the Great Firewall really much of a technological wonder? It blocks packets. I mean, there are some fancy tools used to stop encrypted data from getting out, but still.

This would be weird, but I would consider making The Internet a World Wonder that gives espionage and other bonuses against every other civ. Then I would make The Great Firewall an SP under Order (Autocracy?) that blocks the bonus against your civ. But since the would make GFW useless if your civ made The Internet, it would make more sense as a last-row or dead-end policy in NiGHTS, so you wouldn't be forced to take it to get the finisher (NiGHTS doesn't have finishers). Just my 2 cents.

Not that the creators of the internet should really have long-term espionage benefits on others in real life, but for the game all the wonders are weird like that (which does make GFW as a wonder easier to swallow).

The Terracotta Army will (most logically) come with Pottery as a tech, terracotta is pottery after all. So it might have some effect that is beneficiary for gameplay that takes that route (non-military). So a Free Granary and something else...

Not necessarily. Sure, the soldiers are build out of clay. But you can very well use an old technique for a younger wonder. Not *so* much younger, of course, as Wikipedia says something about 210 b.c..

So, the Terracotta Army could be somewhere in the classical area.

The Terracotta Army will (most logically) come with Pottery as a tech, terracotta is pottery after all. So it might have some effect that is beneficiary for gameplay that takes that route (non-military). So a Free Granary and something else...

Or perhaps it will be an early Cultural wonder to replace Stonehenge which could switch to Religous.

---------
A couple other interesting tidbits from that WEBHALLEN article:

The incluson of Jerusalem and Marakech means that Israel and Morrocco are probably not going to be new civs (I should repost this in the "Guess the new civs" thread). EDIT: Nevermind, I just caught up on my reading and somebody already posted it there.
The Bomb Shelter might appease those who were looking for a defense against Nuke Spamming.

The Terracotta should be an early military wonder like Statue of Zeus.

It's not the middle of Summer going by the Solstace, but it is Summer (Summer starts June 20).

Just in case someone with a bit of power is reading, I consider March 1st spring. Therefore, March 2nd is late spring. My birthday is March 13th, and I would consider that very late spring.

You know, just in case you were wondering if it was time to start shrink wrapping the God and Kings boxes. :lol:

Welcome to the forum, BlueGoop :).

I read here that the release date is 21st December 2012! Mmm...the Mayans are in and you can't play them until the day the world (allegedly) ends!

Hopefully, Dennis Shirk will be able to give us a more accurate indication of the release date (if not the actual date itself) if that was one of the questions selected for him to answer.

I really hope they release it, at the latest, May. I don't think it should take them that much time to complete it, plus they probably have a good portion of the work already done. I just really want to create a religious empire and have very little patience >,<

Thanks everyone for posting the updated info :)

It all sounds very promising. I'm glad they've gone with the Vatican City and Jerusalem as religious City-States. It's about time we've had Jerusalem feature in Civ - it was only so important that in the Middle Ages it was believed to be the centre of the world!

Bah, as far as I'm concerned the seasons start on the first.

While I agree in popular belief, the summer starts earlier, but it's still not factually wrong to rely on the actual solstice as the start of summer.

I really hope they release it, at the latest, May. I don't think it should take them that much time to complete it, plus they probably have a good portion of the work already done. I just really want to create a religious empire and have very little patience >,<

That's actually something I've been wondering since the annoucement.

How much they've done..

Warlords was released like 8 months after Civ 4 was released..

This has been over a year, so I presume that's it's pretty much done, I swear I'll do something bad if they delay D:

Top Bottom