Popup ads

Well I downloaded admuncher. My saviour! I'm so glad I don't have to listen to that annoying advert. It's also cut a load of crap from other sites too. Good recommendation, slap on the back for Mr zelig.

They only get revenue if you click on the ads. But because of the obnoxious way the advertisers create their ads, I figure that they don't deserve my even loading them. If they did not use a ton of my bandwidth, I would have more patience with them.

I don't know how much bandwidth they use, but my northern works for a software outfit that produces flash-based banner ads for ad agency clients. They are limited to 40k. Not sure who specifies the limitation, but a huge concern is the transition to HTML5: each current banner will then require more than 1Mb for the same effects.

At least, according to some guy I know ;)

this is the only site i have open, and while rolling up and down the forum, a talking popup invaded my space and crashed my adobe flash because my media player is also playing.

You know, people like listening to music when they surf the net, and it disturbs that freedom when i have the doors playing loudly and all of a sudden a loud, obnoxious voice invites me to try this product in the middle of my song.

So please get rid of this virus, 'tis a plague and invasion.

Moderator Action: 3 threads regarding popups merged together.

I'm sure that they're offended your music is interrupting their source of income.

Seeing as they have all-but told people to use adblock, they seem unbothered about the source of income.

I now use adblock as a result of these pop ups. I put up with the ads previously to allow the site to generate some income but wasn't prepared to put up with these. You don't have to change your browser, there are versions for IE9 if that's what you use.

You know, there is an easier way to get rid of the ads rather than using ad blocks. Move to Australia. We don't have them here. It couldn't be easier. Or simpler.

:p

I have been invaded again. proof enclosed.

Luckily it didn't crash my browser this time, but the middle of the song i was playing glitch-skipped. thanks for ruining pink floyd.

Attachments

• ad.jpg
    ad.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 222
Top Bottom