OCC Not Dead in BNW

budweiser

King of the Beers
I haven't seen much discussion about OCC in the threads. I just would like to report that I had success recently doing OCC Science (Babylon), Culture (Ethiopia) and Diplomacy (Siam imminent) on Immortal pangea.

I used a combination of Tradition, ToA/HG, and Food from Religion (general bee-line to Hagia Sofia) to grow super huge in each case.

Next would be domination which could be tedious.

What difficulty level?

Immortal. But, I think my same strategy would apply to Diety and I am entertaining thoughts of trying it, if only I had more time.

I've had two domination games with OCC being superior to non OCC, first was an atilla deity game, second was an Indonesian immortal game, both times it was better to go with OCC for the instant raze, and the ability to raze capitols.

Most of the prior discussions were about self-imposed OCC rather than in-game option. That's why they focused on peaceful VC and not domination. For domination having OCC checked makes things significantly easier. :D

Yeah, if I did a domination it would be self imposed so there would of course be puppets involved. Oh well.

The other games I played above were also self imposed.

The last OCC I did with box check was a CV back in GnK with Egypt. I failed out on so many of those back in GnK. It just hasn't piqued my interest.

I had a great run last night on deity (box not checked) trying for another OCC win as Siam. I just missed it by a couple of turns but it was late at night and I was rushing through it. So I am going to say that you can win on deity no problem going OCC.

OCC is very possible on Deity with BNW. Diplomacy and science are probably possible with every civ in OCC. Just took OCC win as Korea with box checked. Biggest problem is slower growth because lack of internal trade routes. Also religion might be problem because your capital might not have religion to buy engineer or scientist. You have to carefully plan your trade routes if you want to keep religion on late game. Though you wont have much faith with regular Civ in OCC if you dont ally faith CS early. Havent gotten culture or domination victory in OCC Deity yet.

OCC makes happiness issues easier on domination but upgrading your units is lot harder. Maybe true OCC domination challenge would be to impose OCC rule but not check box. And make rule that you can upgrade your units only in your capital?

Top Bottom