[Religion and Revolution]: General Questions and Discussions

Just wanted to thank you guys for your continued updates, and I totally get the decision to stop active development. I may not frequent these forums all that much, but when I do one of my first stops is the R&R sub-forum to see what crazy goodness the team has cooked up for the under-appreciated Civ 4 Colonization. :goodjob:

Best wishes for your future projects, ...

I currently don't have any future projects planned considering modding.
I am simply busy with real life.

... and thanks for all your work on this as well as support. :beer:

Nothing to thank for. :)

... maybe you could give read access to a branch of the SVN for future modders as reference?

Starting a new SVN space is pretty easy actually.
A new project could easily set up a SVN space of its own.

Everything that is needed for modmodding RaR is contained in the download anyways.

Branching does not make sense, since there is a 1GB limit on my space.
(Which a branch would probably break.)

So there is no real need for access to my SVN space. :dunno:

However, the most active modmodders have access to it and I have no intention to delete it.
(It will simply stay as it is as a backup.)

Anyway, I'm sure the RaR team would know how best to handle that.

Well, the remaining active people in this project of the "official" RaR team are only Schmiddie and myself.

But we have said many times, that people are very welcome to use RaR as a base for a new project. :thumbsup:
(May it be an Expansion or a Total Conversion or anything else.)

------

Very soon Release 1.8 will finally be published.
We will then see, what the future will bring. :thumbsup:

You too Ray! Having a great day off work and some time colonizing here.
BTW do you guys alter movements of units for different map sizes? My current setting for gigantic is +2 for naval, +1 for land units and animals; on Huge I use +1 for naval, +1 for land. I created a little tool to change unit movements in the original xml using .Net but the c++ xml parser in this game doesn't like the formatting used by the .net classes and won't read it (although notepad and browsers reads the edited xml perfectly)...So, I'm now using multiple copies of the Civ4Units.xml (such as Civ4Units_Gigantic.xml) files where I just find\replaced the movements for different map sizes and I'll rename according to the map size I play on. (mostly gigantic and normal).
EDIT:
The current settings for movement (more or less the same as Vanilla) worked well for me on "Gigantic" as well. But well, everybody can adjust his private version to whatever he prefers.
It works well but from a realism point of view, ships should have more movement. (it only took 3 months to sail from europe to the new world i.e < 1 turn :) )

Hey, not sure whether this is the right thread, but what's the best way to counter the King's Artillery Regiments during the War of Independence?

Hi everybody,

I got a few private messages from modders and modmodders asking if Religion and Revolution would pick up full scale development again
and in some cases it was asked if we should try to form a huge development team again.

That is why I would like to clarify my current situation:

Considering modding, I am only an old retired man coming back to his former office from time to time to annoy his former colleagues. :D

I am incredibly busy with real life (especialy my job).

Even though I occasionally read posts in the forums (with my tablet) during the week,
I am only really available to answer posts or private messages at the weekend.

I also do have absolutely no time for modding during the week.
At the weekend however, I am again trying to take care of the mod a little bit.
(I also have real life at the weekend. :) )

However, I am simply not able to organize a big team or to implement huge and complex features with the little time I have.

The most I can do is:

1) Try to occassionally answer to posts or private messages from community and other modders
2) Try to occassionally fix a small bug or implement a small feature (especially if I already have protoypes lying around)

I do so, because I hope to encourage others to start or continue modding themselves.

I heard a lot of "Well, if the main mod is not developed anymore, why should I share the things I create for myself anymore ?".
I found that very disappointing. :(

I'm still poking around and got a weird question. If I have a colony that's closer to western high seas than any of my other colonies is to eastern high seas, will the REF attack from the west? As far as I know, REF always attacks the colony closest to high seas, but will this hold if the colony is on the west coast?

How do monastaries work? I have read about them in the todo section but find the posts a little controdictary. Should they be in your borders? Within the city radius? Being worked? By a missionary?

Needs a Missionary (Jesuit Missionaries would be more effective) on the tile where the monastery is build, and then a Native to walk into it. As far as I believe, as long as it's in your nation's territory, it'll function well.

How do monastaries work?

All you need to do to activate a Monastery:

Place a settler in Profession Missionary on the Monastery and fortify it.
A Jesuit Missionary (or Evangelist) is more efficient, meaning having higher chances for the features of the Monastery.

I usually build Monasteries in the border regions between my cities and the Native villages.
(I usually build my first Monastery in late midgame. At that point of time I have almost ended my expansion with cities.)

If the Monastery is active and a Native will walk on an adjacent plot, there are several features that could be triggered by some chances.
(Getting gifts, converting the Native, ...)

I love your mod, stutt. It brings me back to CivCol every few months or so.

Just to be clear, to work the Monastery, place the missionary in the tile on the WORLD MAP, not the CITY SCREEN, yes? Can the tile still be worked by a farmer/grape picker/what have you without a detrimental effect on the Monastery?

Just to be clear, to work the Monastery, place the missionary in the tile on the WORLD MAP, not the CITY SCREEN, yes?

Correct.

Can the tile still be worked by a farmer/grape picker/what have you without a detrimental effect on the Monastery?

It shouldn't be a problem.
Although I usually build Monasteries outside of city radius.

Hi guys, I was wondering... Would it be possible to add more levels of a butcher house? You can now at max place 3 butchers there but four or even five would be great. That will generate more food but also connect better to a fully used weaver and tanner ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N9005 met Tapatalk

Would it be possible to add more levels of a butcher house? You can now at max place 3 butchers there but four or even five would be great.

I would rather leave it as it is.
But as always, everybody is free to do whatever he likes in his private version. :)

That will generate more food ...

With Slaughtering, farming, fishing and hunting cities are already capable of producing lots of food.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a right topic to ask, but I have a question:

In Custom Game, what does option "Reduced REF" actually means?

When I start the game, it is noticeable that King has less units, but does he gain less units later in the game also, or is it just a "flat" reduction in the start?

Hi guys, I was wondering... Would it be possible to add more levels of a butcher house? You can now at max place 3 butchers there but four or even five would be great. That will generate more food but also connect better to a fully used weaver and tanner ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N9005 met Tapatalk

With good spot for breeding cattle/sheep, large stable, one rancher can just about meet the needs of fully staffed slaughterhouse. My problem goes the other way, they produce more cowhides/wool that tanner/weaver can ever process.

With good spot for breeding cattle/sheep, large stable, one rancher can just about meet the needs of fully staffed slaughterhouse. My problem goes the other way, they produce more cowhides/wool that tanner/weaver can ever process.

In my experience, selling raw materials and final products will keep the high price of the same product longer than, say, processing all raw material into a final product.

But, you can always do the following thing: build appropriate houses in two cities instead of one, and bring all extra cowhides/wool to the other. That other city should just process the material, not producing one (having a ranch).

I had the same problem when my fully upgraded Cigar Factory couldn't manage all the tobacco my colonies produced. :D

Few questions:

#1. Forts cannot be builded in permafrost?
#2. In which file I can modify the amount of hammers required to build the Statue of Governor?

Thanks!

Edit: Already solved both concerns!! A new one came up, a major one: Changes in Custom House popup are not saved. How can I modify that? or at least where can I change the default values? Thanks a lot!

Edit 2: Latest update. The problem is with the first three items: Food, Wood and Stone. Changes are not saved for them. Is there any way to modify it in a file? I'm using Schmid modmod. Thanks,

Top Bottom