Foreign Affairs Discussion for June 23 turn

chiefpaco

Emperor
Here we can discuss options for the turn on June 23. I'm going to hold off extortion and new ROPs for a while, because I expect to formulate the new public opinion as soon as I get a chance. Still, I want a turn to let the attitudes sink in a bit so really, I have until the turn after next. Perhaps we could give Rome a small gift, 2 or 3 gpt?

We could not get an opportunity to Embargo Greece with India, the last nation with excess rubber. Greece has infantry now and we can not deal them rubber. No rubber seems to appear in their territory so FA will assume they are getting it from India. Our valiant attempt to deny Greece rubber failed but we do know they have it only by trade, which is limited by time.

Every gift we give the Iroquois seems to please Hiawatha for a turn or 2 but then he gets all annoyed by the end of the chat. I'm thinking of stopping transfer payments altogether to the Iroquois because they seem to have little and temporary effect.

The other trade embargos seemed to work well. They may have even played a part in other nations declaring war on Greece. While Phoenatica does not endorse war as a method of problem-solving, the treachary of Greece under Alexander's rule has been severe.

I am still lobbying for an Intelligence Agency. I do fear that I may not be able to use it before this term runs out though. However, it will be a great tool in our effort to gain the maximum amount of intelligence on other nations.

I will be away this weekend and may only be available a bit later tonight until I return, perhaps, for the last half of Sunday's chat. Therefore, I grant Padma to take over the reigns should anything come up. I really need Padma to post any instructions in the Turn instructions thread, should there be any that arise. I'm sure we'll be fine, in any case.

Before I go, I intend to ask for the citizens' opinion on war with Greece, which shall be the form of a poll. I'll see to that. What you wish to make of it for this turn is up to you.

I'm against giving Rome anything right now. While it is true that Greek atrocities continue with the destruction of Tienstin, we must remember that Roman forces recently razed the Greek city of Rhodes. Two wrongs do not make a right and we must be consistent in our condemnation of city destruction.

If it is true that India is supplying rubber to Greece than perhaps we should limit our relations with Gandhi unilt these wars end.

Let's keep tightening the screws on Greece. Even if we don't declare war on them, they are still aggressive and dangerous neighbours. I think we should still be rather cool towards India - they have withdrawn from the Iro war, but appear to be dealing rubber to the Greeks and fighting the Chinese. The Iros have probably had enough help from us, as has Rome - so we can relax our support in due course.

Top Bottom