Tom's Recolouration Factory

These are really good recolourations! Looks very good in-game, and will certainly be put to good use by us closet modders :hatsoff:

Minotaur King (my recolouring of Kinboats Minotaur)

MinotaurKing.gifMinotaurLarge.jpg

Download here... View attachment MinotaurKing.rar

Tom

Taking Requests... As of today, I will take requests to recolour units... Please post a message in this thread if you need a recolouration of an existing unit. Provide a link to the unit page and a description of how you would like it recoloured and I will do them in the order they are requested. Fantasy/Ancient/Medieval units preferred at this time, but others may be able to be accommodated. EDIT: Any unit requested will be done, not just Fantasy/Ancient/Medieval.

Tom

Then I would like to request a recolouration that you've already considered before:The original unit is found here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=89854

Drift made a very good red recolouration that can be found in his excellent Master of Myrror 2.0 mod, and I would like to add a blue recolouration: light blue skin and bluetinted wings while keeping the blond hair.

No problem Wolfhart... I've finished the template, here is a preview... Let me know if this blue skin color is good, and then I'll finish it up and post it. I can adjust the color lighter or darker if you prefer.

Preview removed

Tom

It's probably the gif playing tricks with the colours or could be my workplace LCD display, but the skin looks more greenish grey than the sky blue I had in mind. Hmm... a zombie angel..? That is kind of interesting... :D

Nah, I'll stick with the original plan so I probably want the skin darker then to be more clearly blue.

Request

Muffins Reaver Titan was originally posted in civ colour, but that was unfortunately lost and only the red version is available.

Muffins is no longer at this site and I would be appreciative if you could find the time to make a civ colour version.

Here is the link http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=91479

Edit: A grey version would be acceptable as well if that is easier.

It's probably the gif playing tricks with the colours or could be my workplace LCD display, but the skin looks more greenish grey than the sky blue I had in mind. Hmm... a zombie angel..? That is kind of interesting... :D

Nah, I'll stick with the original plan so I probably want the skin darker then to be more clearly blue.

Now that I looked at it again, it was a zombie angel from the grave. I'll re-post in a few hours.

Goldfool said:
Muffins Reaver Titan was originally posted in civ colour, but that was unfortunately lost and only the red version is available.

Muffins is no longer at this site and I would be appreciative if you could find the time to make a civ colour version.

So the original reaver had all Civ Color in place of the red color on the current one now? I can see what I can do.

EDIT: Here is Attack1 of Reaver with all Civ Colors (on Civ Color 16, Dark Grey)... note some orange/pink looking color still shows in the Reaver, I did not alter those at firs since they were also part of the fire from the missle launcher, doing so could leave strange looking side effects (I thought), but after testing it without, it's not noticeable, so the pinkish hues can be changed to civ color also.

I am unfamiliar with the original Civ Color version, but from the thread, it sounded as if this is how the original was. Let me know.... once I hear from you, I can finish this, after I complete the Elohim.

WHReaver.jpg

Tom

The other did have a greenish hue, so I removed it. Here are these, see if this is what you had in mind. I could just do both, since I already have both palettes created everything else set up and ready to go.

Light Blue Elohim
LightBlueElohim.gif

Dark Blue Elohim
DarkBlueElohim.gif

Tom

Per Goldfool's request...

Reaver Titan (reverted to original CivColoring of Muffins Reaver Titan)

ReaverTitan.gif

Download here... View attachment Reaver.rar

Notes: Sounds to this unit can be downloaded from Muffin's original thread linked above.
Gif above shows Reaver Titan in Civ Color 27. Current Reaver has only Civ Colors on the top Rocket Launcher. This has Civ Colors on all Red portions shown in above jpeg.

Note: 9-10-09 Death Animation has been fixed. Corrected Unit has been re-uploaded.

Tom

tom2050 - here is a humble request from the steampunk team. Would you recolour Abe Lincoln (Civ3 PTW unit) to give him a shiny brass-coloured skin tone? We would use him as an Automatic Gentleman! .

And if I can be so cheeky as to make a personal request for a "respray" of La_Davs BMW car http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=206384 - so that its paintwork is entirely civ-coloured.

thanks

Thank you! :goodjob:

The darker blue angel actually turned out even better than the variant I had in mind, so I'm very satisfied: it suits my need perfectly. No need for the lighter blue then. Again thanks! :)

Thank you! :goodjob:

The darker blue angel actually turned out even better than the variant I had in mind, so I'm very satisfied: it suits my need perfectly. No need for the lighter blue then. Again thanks! :)

Well, you got the lighter blue anyways, I just didn't get around to uploading it yet :)

KingArthur said:
tom2050 - here is a humble request from the steampunk team. Would you recolour Abe Lincoln (Civ3 PTW unit) to give him a shiny brass-coloured skin tone? We would use him as an Automatic Gentleman! .

And if I can be so cheeky as to make a personal request for a "respray" of La_Davs BMW car http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=206384 - so that its paintwork is entirely civ-coloured.

thanks

Sure, I'll take a look at good ole Abe and see what I can do. Changing the above Reaver Titan to all Civ-Color was much easier than I thought it was going to be (I haven't tested it in game though, but from Flicster it looks fine), so I can do the respray for you as well.

EDIT: Are you referring to this unit, which was in PTW as King Americans Abe?

Abe.jpg

Just making sure it is the correct unit you are talking about, since there is not much skin to recolour on him (only 4 pixels on the above image, although others have more) :)

Tom

Top Bottom