Minesweeper Grand-Champion Thread

SirJethro

Paterfamilias
Are you good at Minesweeper? Post screenshot of your winning time on Expert, Intermediate, or Beginner on this thread. I'll keep track of the top 10 scores in this post. Please post pic of final screen (not of top score listing). I'll accept the top score listing, but it will be noted that a screenshot has not been provided.

Expert
1 - Chairman Qu (102)
2 - Crazy Eddie (126)
3 - SirJethro (166)
4 - civ1-addict (241) - NO SCREENSHOT :(
5 - Silverflame (252) - NO SCREENSHOT :(

Intermediate
1 - Chairman Qu (30)
2 - SirJethro (47)
3 - Lucky (57)
4 - civ1-addict (62) - NO SCREENSHOT :(
5 - Silverflame (73) - NO SCREENSHOT :(

Beginner
1 - Chairman Qu (5)
2 - Lucky (7)
3 - Rhye (9)
4 - civ1-addict (10) - NO SCREENSHOT :(
5 - SirJethro (11)
5 - Silverflame (11) - NO SCREENSHOT :(

...as of 2/24/03: I'm changing the way I record the top 10. From now on, each person can only be listed in each category once (so if you beat your own score, only your best will show). That way we can really show the top 10 people instead of the top 10 scores.

On easy I won after a second and I'm guessing that quite a few other people will have won straight away as well.

Originally posted by Dell19
On easy I won after a second and I'm guessing that quite a few other people will have won straight away as well.

Post it, if that's the case. But i've been playing this game for years, and quite frankly don't believe you.

Fine!

Btw Genghis has loads of quite times for the higher levels.

Attachments

• onesec.jpg
    onesec.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 301
Heres one thats unedited. The noteworthy one is beginner, 11 seconds! Beat that! :p

BTW, Mr. Mimi is my cat, just in case youre wondering :crazyeye:

Attachments

• minesweeper.gif
    minesweeper.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 293
Are you saying mine is edited? Just try playing after 100 games of minesweeper, eventually every square will be revealed on the first click.

Try
Height 24
Width 30
and 150 mines.
I only took so much time to get this far because I was talking with my freind in messinger so much. If I wern't talking in messenger It would of been about 600 or 700 seconds or so.
I snaped this to send to him and show him what his talking did to me ;)
I almost did it but then I made one stupid slip of the finger and pushed the blow up the world butten :( I was trying to hit the two spaces above it but my mouse or my finger or something slipped.

Attachments

• snap025.jpg
    snap025.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 277
I play minesweeper way too much

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 266
Folks...please paste a screenshot of the actual game with your score.

I'm going (for now) to post the submissions from high-score listings in the rankings, but I am going to notate them as not being accompanied by a screenshot.

Originally posted by Kefka
Try
Height 24
Width 30
and 150 mines.

Try 24 x 30 with 209 mines.

That is the next level of difficulty calculated by Cornmaster at GameCatcher. He had some formula there that stated (I use fictional numbers now because I cannot remember the correct ones)

mine : non-mine 1:3 (beginner)
mine : non-mine 1:2,5 (intermediate)
mine : non-mine 1:2,3 (expert)

mine : non-mine 1:2 (next level)

Every time I play Minesweeper now, I use the setting for next level. I have not won yet. The best I did was with 65 mines remaining.

And btw, my expert highscore is ca. 160. I have no screenshot to prove that, though.

Excuse me but why will no one believe me?????????????????????????????????????????????

Originally posted by Dell19
Excuse me but why will no one believe me?????????????????????????????????????????????

Dell19...I believe you that it is possible to uncover all of the mines with one click. I hasn't happened it me, but I will accept that it happened to you. However, given that they only possible way to do it in 1 second is through pure automation (there is no way there is actually time to mark any mines yourself), scores of 1 second will not count towards the hall of fame.

However, scores of 2 seconds and above will.

Fine... I believe I had a 7 but realistically its all down to luck as to how quickly you can complete it.

IMO, the part of this that really shows skill is the Expert category. It is the only one that requires sustained skill at a brisk pace.

Luck can play a large part in Beginner and Advanced, but you have to be good to thrive in Expert.

Top Bottom